PDA

View Full Version : Wii Launch Gossip Explosion!

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 17:34
And for once, it looks like it's all true. Breaking news in the US, all of which was pulled after being made public earlier today, posits definite launch dates, price and further launch details on Nintendo's Wii, without doubt the most secretive emerging console in videogaming's short history.

Price has been set at $229, somewhat higher than many had hoped and a price no doubt inflated by Nintendo on the back of Sony's $600 PlayStation 3 demand. A cynical, if totally expected, move from Nintendo which we predict will be turning a profit on every hardware unit from day one on sale.

Two launch dates (territory unspecified) were offered - November 2 and November 12. It appears third-parties are working to two different sets of Nintendo-issued guidelines. At time of going to press, we have no idea which is the most recently issued.

Two colour options will be available day one, black and white. Other colours will follow during phase two of launch, probably after four months of general Wii release.

According to IGN, an outlet that had published the mass leak only to pull it, presumably at Nintendo's request: "Nintendo has allegedly bumped production of Wii hardware to 5.5 million units by the end of the year, a significant upgrade to previous numbers. The jump is purportedly based on the positive reaction to Wii from press and industry analysts at E3 2006.

The same report also stated that: "IBM may be working on a revised Broadway chip with a lower clock speed for a future Nintendo hand-held -- presumably one that plays GameCube discs." SPOnG has had a handle on Nintendo's push towards a portable GameCube player for well over a year now. We are more than pleased such a device is seemingly nearing an official announcement.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 17:37
This is great news! $229 is an awesome price. Can't wait for release day. :) I wonder which will sell more: the black version or the white version?

tisti
August 9th, 2006, 00:00
Black <3 I think this is gona be my first console I'll get on launch day :D

CampaKaze
August 9th, 2006, 02:25
WTF Portable NGC? SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!
oh yah, the wii is still hotter!
Wait.. how many games does the GC have that would be cool to replay on handheld?

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 9th, 2006, 16:44
Portable Cube sounds sweet
I think I'll get the white Wii

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 16:46
i'll probably get the white Wii, but i'm still debating in my head :rolleyes:

fg-54
August 9th, 2006, 17:04
i'm getting the black one bocouse everything eles i have on my game department is black,(black ps2, black satelyte thingy) alot of black stuff, and a random white square would look weird, but if i didn't had a ps2 or any other black things i would deffinatley buy the white one.