PDA

View Full Version : Chanka News and Screenshots

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 6th, 2004, 21:30
Chanka one of the three very promising and active Dreamcast emulator projects for windows has been updated with some great screenshots and excellent news.[br][br]The news translated via altavista:)[br][br] We were speaking yesterday with the programmer of the Chanka(Dreamcast emulator for Windows) and he said to us that the videos of the games reproduced correctly, that the sound was implemented and was very good, and that the date of release of the emulator is either going to be the end of June or early July. [br][br]The progress this emulator is making is staggering as you will see as ive put all the Chanka screenshots on this Chanka Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/chanka.shtml) [br][br]A big thanks to Emulatronia (http://www.emulatronia.com/) for the news in Spanish.

quzar
May 6th, 2004, 22:54
We were speaking yesterday with the programmer of the Chanka(emulador de Dreamcast for Windows) and it said to us that the videos of the games reproduced correctly, that the sound or was implemented and was very good, and that the date of exit of the emulator continued being final of June or principles of Julio. So that you see the evolution of the emulator we put screenshots to you of the games here
We were speaking yesterday with the programmer of the Chanka(Dreamcast emulator for windows) and he said to us that the videos of the games played correctly, that the sound was implemented and was very good, and that the release date of the emulator would stay at the end of june or early july. So that you see the evolution of the emulator we put screenshots to you of the games here.

Just corrected a few mistakes in the translation.

wraggster
May 6th, 2004, 23:02

quzar
May 6th, 2004, 23:36
no problem ;D

wraggster
May 6th, 2004, 23:46
The screenshots look great, cant wait to see a release, i wonder if it plays isos or gdroms?

A very exciting release coming soon :)

quzar
May 7th, 2004, 00:40
yea that would be awsome, especially for coders, because then it would eliminate the need to pass things over to the DC to test.

Neo_Matrix_IV
May 7th, 2004, 02:33
It actually executes games/apps from cds... garrofi hasn't implemented iso compatibility yet :-/

Only selfbootable discs work at the moment

wraggster
May 7th, 2004, 08:29
oh cool stuff :)

Clessy
May 7th, 2004, 18:46
Tell me this emulator is coded in ASM and not C+ I rather not have to have a 3ghz pc with a 9800 pro.

Ian_micheal
May 8th, 2004, 05:02
Cant we just emulate a cd image and use that with the emu. Works on Many other cd emu's still be a hassle thou doing that every time you wanted to test a project. Be just as much time as sending it.

Clessy
May 8th, 2004, 06:48
ISO support will probably be added evetually. Just think of it as us waiting for people to add saving to there emu's but, now its you waiting ^_^

Ian_micheal
May 8th, 2004, 08:01
:)

quzar
May 8th, 2004, 22:25
either that or just bin loading, or elf loading.

Ian_micheal
May 9th, 2004, 06:10
Yeah i like that the most.

WaCk0
May 12th, 2004, 05:49
Chanka new video: :D
http://www.emufanatics.com/emulators.php?func=fileinfo&id=167