PDA

View Full Version : W40K MMO 'is going to be a masterpiece' - THQ

wraggster
July 1st, 2010, 16:56
THQ's Warhammer 40K MMO, Dark Millennium Online "is going to be a masterpiece," reckons core games VP, Danny Bilson.

Speaking at E3 this month, Bilson said that the Vigil-developed online game is "very friendly to the WoW player" and even he as a WoW fanatic will be switching games.

"Have you seen it? The movie? I think it speaks for itself," Bilson told CVG. "I'm a diehard MMO player myself - going back to EverQuest. I've spent lots of time in WoW. As a WoW fanatic, I'm going to go right to 40K as soon as it comes out. It's very friendly to the WoW player."

"The brand is fantastic - it's so deep and so wonderful," he said. "There's just so much for us to play with. There's more vehicles in our thing [than WoW], the combat's completely different; you can get four guys in a tank and go.

"It's sensational. I believe within the next six months we're going to be showing playable sections of the game, not just a movie."

According to the THQ exec, the online game only needs to poach "a million" World of WarCraft players to be successful.

"They've got 14 million players! Gimme a million and I'm good! We're real good at a million, right?" He added: "We don't need everybody to migrate. We just need some of them - and I'm full confident we're going to get them.

"[40K] is stunning. It's going to be a masterpiece. It's been in development for three-and-a-half years already. It's got two more to go. Look at it." Go on then: Look at it.

Bilson said earlier this month he planned to 'shake up Blizzard' with 40K's E3 reveal. What do you guys think? Are you shaken?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254087?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS