PDA

View Full Version : Clessy's NeoCD testing chart

Clessy
May 2nd, 2004, 07:07
I'm basing these off side by side comparisons with a Neogeo CDZ and a DC runing Neo CD.

Last Blade - Game doesnt boot

Samurai Sprites 4 - 80% - The game has no Sound. Has major mapper bug with zooming and on top half of the screen. Will take pictures later.

Samurai Sprites RPG - 70 to 90% speed. I don't know if this is really acurate because in the menus at the begining of the game the animation is so choppy is looks like its 70% speed but i'm guessing the frame skipping is whats causing this. Walking seems about 15% slower than what it would normally be.

Metal Slug - 90% speed. Everyone says its full speed but you can tell its not because of slow jumping and the music is about 10% behind the loading durning the stages.

will update later.

BTW my pc is broke and I will need to buy a new hd tomorrow or something so the screenshot updates will be whenever i get around to it.

Ian_micheal
May 2nd, 2004, 13:18
Well i did not say it's fullspeed, i said near close any were between 80% and 90% aproxx *looking but yeah it still need's 10% speed, from some were. Emulaton on the dreamcast is subjective. The speed Up since the first version was, Whats done that. But your speed *% seems very good to me Pretty much spot on .

Music = 10% *behined Can you tell me on the real machine, when the music starts does it start, before jugde, it watching when, he first gets droped from the sky to start the level.

Thanks for the report. *

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 13:49
Keep up the reporting Clessy :)

Compat lists are good for all emus

Clessy
May 5th, 2004, 02:43
Saving code brokin.

On Metal Slug & Samurai Sprits RPG I get this message.
"Memory needs to be formated"
Well you cant format the memory whilst in game so there no way to save.

wraggster
May 5th, 2004, 02:55
Do the horse racing games work oh and the bowling game?

i like the horsey games :P

Ian_micheal
May 5th, 2004, 06:37
Hmm read the game list chat working or not. Yes stakes winner works and so does league bowling.

Code is not broken at all use a game that supports formating the memory card like puzzle bubble then it will be fine.

Nex version you can do this in the bios.

But use a game that supports formating the card.

Clessy
May 5th, 2004, 19:12
Next version should check the system memory and promt you to format before you load the cd and format it.

I dont have a pc at all right now because of some werid errors i'm getting with my system restarting. I think I've figured out its the power suply now tho.

I'm also working on my mini killer PC.
Just to tell you know(Not that you care) it's spec's are
p2 233mhz OC'ed to 312mhz
Geforce 4 256 MX PCI version(old mother boards dont use agp :( )

If anyone can suggest on how to use front side usb on this without usb ports it would be much welcomed. For example a PCI usb card or something.

Christuserloeser
May 5th, 2004, 21:27
I had probs with loading the following original games:

Samurai Spirits 2 (J)
King of Fighters 94 (U)
Sengoku 2 (U)

Pulstar works very good with proper CDDA :o -no sfx-

Clessy
May 6th, 2004, 00:28
Samurai Sprits 2 works for me.

Ian_micheal
May 6th, 2004, 08:37
yeah there lies the problem with charts people report 2 things If only one person reports i put it does not work when it infact does. Some people dont wait enff time for the game to boot.

Christuserloeser
May 6th, 2004, 18:06
I have to admit I should check them again.

Though I won`t wait longer than ten minutes ;)

@Clessy did you use Original CDs or backups?

Clessy
May 7th, 2004, 04:47
I'm not gonna lie. It not the first option you said. But lets end it with that.

Ian_micheal
May 7th, 2004, 08:12
Clessy told you it worked. Ive told you it worked. Scratched disk can be the problem many people have tested with a real cd sorry it works. Ten min? HUH

I will included next time a preformated memory card so no problem with formating it.

Try it a few times your dreamcast sounds dogy to me.

Clessy
May 7th, 2004, 12:47
If you wanna know the true every Samurai Spirites game works.
1 2 3 4 and RPG.

Christuserloeser
May 7th, 2004, 13:56
:-X okay then sorry for misposting...

I thought that would be because of everyone using backups instead of original cds...

I was not using backups but the only game I was able to get to work was Pulstar :'(

As I said I`m gonna try it again...

Chris

Ian_micheal
May 7th, 2004, 15:54
Sounds like a dreamcast hardware fault to me. This is a cd emulator your dreamcast has to be in working order. Loading only one game sounds like your dreamcast needs a clear or the laser replaced. You prolly have a host of other problems loading real GDROMS. What your saying is not the fault of the emulator.

Christuserloeser
May 8th, 2004, 21:31
I will try it out as soon as possible.

maybe it's the game(s) itself as it has some slight scratches on its surface :-[

my DC works fine

Ian_micheal
May 9th, 2004, 06:07
Could be the scratches dreamcasts I have 2 of them one loads some gdroms the other loads the rest lucky for me but the gdroms are scratched. Just an example both dreamcasts dont load the same scratched games. I think it be the case for neogeo cd's as well you might have to make a back up of your own game.