PDA

View Full Version : Poll: PSP users want TV

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 21:14
News via Gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6155412.html):

Sony's PSP handheld has seen a steadily growing set of features, thanks to frequent system software updates. Since its launch, the PSP has been given an Internet browser, Macromedia Flash capabilities, and support for RSS. At the March PlayStation Business Briefing, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Ken Kutaragi also announced plans for a camera attachment and GPS receiver, scheduled for release in Japan in September and October respectively.

In a recent poll, Japanese Web site ITmedia asked its readers to vote on the new PSP features, both announced and otherwise, that they want the most. The least popular features, gaining 3 percent of the total votes each, were the camera attachment and support for electronic money. Another 14 percent of the votes went to the GPS receiver, which will enable the PSP to act as a portable navigation system and could be put to novel use in games as well.

However, the bulk of the votes went to support for the 1seg service. 1seg, so called because it uses one of the 13 segments allotted to terrestrial digital television broadcasting, began earlier this year and allows viewers to watch programming on a range of portable devices. A 1seg tuner for the Nintendo DS is already in the works, and was announced alongside the Opera Web browser in February.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 21:25
I would love for a USB adapter that let you have A/V out. :) Streaming videos and such would also be nice.

SteveV2
August 8th, 2006, 21:35
How about a touch screen add on?

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 21:37
That would be cool, because we could make virtual keyboards and stuff for it. The possibilities with a touch screen and a PSP are endless. :)

nyrtrublue
August 8th, 2006, 21:37
keyboard would be nice

10shu
August 8th, 2006, 22:46
It s probably impossible but a usb 32mo memory extention would be nice too...:)

doverkiller
August 8th, 2006, 23:11
the PSP is able to control any kind of USB device, even a USB hub..

so go figure..

Wally
August 8th, 2006, 23:52
Doverkiller's idea and a Digital TV tuner

Basil Zero
August 9th, 2006, 01:01
All of the above thank you lol

Pumped'Up
August 9th, 2006, 05:06
Bring on a A/V input device - I want to use my PSP as a portable monitor!!!

pkmaximum
August 9th, 2006, 06:09
I just wish we had a service to tune in on local broad casting channels for the PSP, it would be nice to catch some shows on the local service every once in a while =]

lucidtraveller
August 9th, 2006, 08:31
usb av out like someone said would be awesome, i almost never watch TV though so i wouldn't hurry to "upgrade" for that.....heh i won't upgrade for anything but while 1.5 is amazing for me personally, a new and upgraded psp isn't that much to pay if they do start putting gps nav and other cool stuff into it.

SmashinGit
August 9th, 2006, 10:41
Gps is iteresting, just imagine, your stuck in traffic so you pick up your psp gps and start playing some games, pretty cool :)

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 15:04
Gps is iteresting, just imagine, your stuck in traffic so you pick up your psp gps and start playing some games, pretty cool :)
make sure you keep your eye on the road though ;)

rdetagle
August 9th, 2006, 18:18
i'd be happy with TV and VOIP internet phone on my PSP.