PDA

View Full Version : SonicBoom Announced

wraggster
August 8th, 2006, 23:17
Gear4 have announced a new Stereo Solution for the PSP, heres the info:

Bring your music, games and movies to life with the SonicBoom – a compact 2.1 stereo speaker system that delivers a truly awesome audio experience for your PSP or other MP3 players.

With two speakers and a powerful sub-woofer, break the gaming sound barrier and transform your PSP for audio that is unparalleled by even the most powerful gaming consoles, let alone such a portable device.

Use as a conventional speaker system, by docking your PSP or connecting your MP3 player and soaking up high-definition room-filling tunes or movie audio from its unique sub-woofer ActiveBass™ technology.

More Info (http://www.gear4.com/product_detail.php?products_id=201)

MaxSMoke
August 9th, 2006, 08:56
Well, that's not terrible, but when are we going to see a really svelte Boombox, where the PSP plugs in stealthy like it was meant to be in there. This whole setup with the wire you've got to plug in is very janky. I want to see one were you just drop in your PSP into a slot, like those obnoxiously slick iPoser stereo systems.

Man I'm sick of seeing all of that lame Apple junk. Sony's got better style and high quality design. Why haven't they released an "Official" PSP Boombox dock based on one of their slick Boomboxs? Maybe they'd have more time to make them if they weren't SO busy trying to KILL HOMEBREW!

Voltron
August 9th, 2006, 10:32
I definitely need better sound with my PSP. The built in speakers don't cut it and are barely audible in a room with any reasonable amount of background noise going on.

mr_nick666
August 9th, 2006, 10:57
These always seem a good idea but a pair of headphpones is free and the sound is great!

StealthCP
August 9th, 2006, 12:20
Yeah. Woo. omfg. must buy one.

Though tbh the PSP speakers do suck. Of course it is their design, but we want some BASS Sony, chop chop! :D

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 15:01
these speakers are huge. i just bought a portable set for my iPod and PSP (movies :)), so i'm not really tempted to buy these....
they could be a really good deal though at only £49.99
http://gear4store.com/product_details.php?products_id=201

aaroncort
August 9th, 2006, 17:02
I would say buying a decent set of headphones would be your best bet on improving the sound out of your PSP. I own a pair of Sennheiser HD650's and run my PSP through an amp first and the sound can be quite good depending on the game or the movie. Much better than I thought it could get. Check out www.headfi.org and do a search for budget headphones. I'd recomend the Grado SR-80's for 90 bucks its a great headphone. There are many others brands to choose from just make sure that you do a little research first before you end up with an over priced peice of junk like the Boss triports.