PDA

View Full Version : Chanka News Update

DCEmu_Newsposter
January 1st, 1970, 01:00
Keith over at Emufanatics (http://www.emufanatics.com) has posted this news that was translated from Emulatronia about the newly announced WIP Dreamcast emulator for windows.[br][br] We have received many emails in which asks us if Chanka is real or fake. This Dreamcast emulator for Windows is REAL and it is programmed by a friend of ours is the reason why... [br][br]Check out the screenshots at our Chanka Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/chanka.shtml) [br][br]and HOT news from my fellow webmaster here at DCEmu UK - LyonHrt - is that the coders name is Garrofi (aka Miguel Angel Pastor) author of NikSnes. You heard it first at DCEmu UK :)

[Modified 04/08/04 00:28:36 by DCEmu_Newsposter]

ron
April 15th, 2004, 01:15
Greetings. This is Ron, the manager of Spanish DCParty 2K4 MadriDC. I Made the interview to Miguel Angel on 13th of the present. Chanka is a reality and in our meeting on next May 29 2004 we hope to get the M.A. presence featuring and speaking about the Chanka. Our better inentions are to present the first public beta of Chanka during the Ferial. Thanks and visit www.unixmar.com, to get more info about our Spanish DC Party. Cheers !!!!

ron
April 19th, 2004, 02:01
Dear friends of DCEmu.co.uk

Today we have been in an interview with Garrofi in where all questions are answered. If somebody can translate to english will be a very hard work , because the lenght of the interview. Anyway here's the text. http://www.unixmar.com

wraggster
April 19th, 2004, 20:18
Thanks for the news :)

ron
April 20th, 2004, 13:15
Dear Wraggster. We are trying to translate as good as possible the whole interview with Garrofi. Once posted, check about the integritty and grammar and please check the text. Feel free to correct every single mistake, Thank You for your fine and nice way to take the scene. Zee ya soon.

ron
May 1st, 2004, 12:54
Hi there... mornings.....
Well, few aspects to know with the DreamCast Emulation for PC, consider itself as a note for coders.

The good thing of DC games is that uses 4 types of libraries: kamui, kamui 2, shinobi and windows ce.
If you reach the execution of a Kamui game and it goes well, the rest will go OK.
Otherwise WinCe sucks, *it takes 2 Mb of Ram of the system memory and thats a thing to complete for the emulation, something to take in count.

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 13:00
Wow thats some information i didnt know :)

quzar
May 5th, 2004, 10:10
an HLE emulator for the DC would be nice... kamui=>Dx. Too bad that would be illegal. (unless reverse engineered?)

Ian_micheal
May 5th, 2004, 10:47
And useless for homebre made with kos . Only real thing that would be good with a fast useable dc emu development

quzar
May 6th, 2004, 07:32
Well, there already is KOSine which is good to test homebrew, although not emulators so much.

WaCk0
May 6th, 2004, 17:10
New Chanka screenshots at Emulatronia (running Sonic and Berserk) ;D
http://www.emulatronia.com/

Ian_micheal
May 6th, 2004, 17:47
Well, there already is KOSine which is good to test homebrew, although not emulators so much.

I dont have it or can find a download to use. Till it's released or finshed not much use to me knowing it works in demos and not being able to test my own projects with it. Hle emualtion is fine and good but not for homebrew stuff. this emu is for retail games only and ripped isos only since you cant use a GDROM in a cd drive with out a lot of modding. Prolly why there is no release of it. SHowing screen shots of games working with no beta for people to test. never understand if you have a working better release it. Thats what i do.

Been lots of dreamcast emulators showing screen shots with no releases. If it's this good why no release of it.

quzar
May 7th, 2004, 04:16
yea i dont know where to find KOSine either. i have a copy of the sources along with some of the other SC things but i dont know if they are free to release or private for now :-X id rather if ICE or someone else were to link to them (i dont have a link) because i dont really think i thave the authority to do so.

KOSine actually works very well, one of the few things that are wrong with it are no sound and no transparency support.

Ian_micheal
May 7th, 2004, 09:08
He asked me if i wanted it at the time i said i wait till it was finshed. Still really the case. I dont think he is working on it any more i dont know. he some times comes back then goes.. Not really talked to him in a long while.

BlackAura
May 7th, 2004, 09:11
Just ask Ice if you want a copy of the KOSine sources. I have one laying around here somewhere.

It works pretty well, as quzar said. It won't run most things written for KOS, but things written for KOSine will generally run without much modification on KOS.

I did manage to convert the thing over to using SDL instead of the Win32 API, and added some other bits to it. Unfortunately, it stopped working on Windows - it just segfaulted 90% of the time when you started the program, and the crash appeared to be inside SDL somewhere. One other modification I made (an threaded implementation of the message loop handler) managed to crash the Windows version of SDL every time, but as before worked fine on Linux.

Maybe I was just using a damaged version of SDL...