PDA

View Full Version : Greenberg: Xbox exclusives helping 'fill 360's pipeline'

wraggster
July 6th, 2010, 22:11
Xbox product director Aaron Greenberg has promised that there are many more Xbox 360 exclusive games coming next year - and that the pipeline of new 360 software is "full"

360 fans still have Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3 to look forward to in 2010 - but Greenberg told CVG sister site OXM that MS already has one eye on 2011.

"I think you've seen what we're doing with [exclusives like Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Mass Effect et al] adding what's different to what's already there," he said, "and we'll continue to invest and grow our core game line-up."

"We know that that is the heart of our business, that is what allows us to fund and grow and innovate in new ways, and so that'll be important in 2011 just as it was for us in 2010."

We can look forward to more exclusive hardcore games in future, then, asked OXM? "Absolutely."

"My team signs deals with partners every week... obviously it takes years, and games take years to develop. But the pipeline is full and so we feel very confident in our ability to continue to do that, and I think what we've seen is that people know - they've seen our success globally, they've seen the success of Live."

"The response to Kinect at the show and the new consoles is just building more confidence in our partners to want to work with us in the future and so we feel like we're well set up for success."

So he's pretty confident for next year's E3 already? "Absolutely. Yes."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254660?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS