PDA

View Full Version : Good Spanish Dreamcast Forum

wraggster
April 14th, 2004, 12:14
while searching the net to beat Hawq and Dr Zoidberg :P

i noticed this forum http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/forum_viewforum.php?3

any spanish people here that notice any good stuff on there?

Talfi
April 14th, 2004, 19:43
while searching the net to beat Hawq and Dr Zoidberg :P

i noticed this forum http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/forum_viewforum.php?3

any spanish people here that notice any good stuff on there?

Hi Wraggster,

first of all... excuse my poor english but my native language is spanish. ;)

I'm Talfi, the admin of Talfi's World (www.talfi.net). Our community is being very creative and a lot of interested people are giving their ideas to make some proyects.

In our forums, if you can understand a little our language, you can see what I'm talking about. Chui, the guy you talked in the news, is one of the most interesting programmers in our community because he has a lot of great projects and we are very excited with them.

Our 'new' web is a meeting point for many people and we want to offer the best we can found in the net. We have changed our news system and sections and now we are working to make ir better (also you can see your headlines in our web ;) ).

If you have any question i'll answer you without problems, don't worry.

Regards

wraggster
April 14th, 2004, 20:07
Wow Hi Talfi :)

Nice for you to visit us ;)

Ive noticed that the English Speaking Dreamcast Sites miss a lot of good information from forums and sites like yours where some of the most avid Dreamcast fans and coders are, hopefully this site with the staff and visitors and also sites like yours we can bring the Worldwide Dreamcast community more together :)

Over the years ive grown a bit more understanding of the Spanish language from sites like Emulatronia, EmuDek and Edadfutura.

Ive noticed on the Spanish Dreamcast sites and emulation sites talk of a Dreamcast Party 2004 and was wondering what is was about and can we help to promote it :)

Any contests for the Dreamcast Homebrew/Emulation/Commercial scene is good for all of us :) as it keeps people coming back.

Talfi
April 15th, 2004, 00:26
Congratulations for your hard work and pleased to meet you *;)

Spain have a lot of emulation fans and some sites, like mine, want to keep this feeling alive. Talfi's World was born in 1999 but the actual content is far away from the original idea (compatibility lists around N64 emulators and something else). We were in 'the dark side' ;) for many time but at least we 'saw the light at the end of the tunnel' and now we are a community who wants to help and inform about the Dreamcast, GP32, XboX, PS1/PS2 and Arcade scene.

About our stuff, projects and development there is a coadmin, Propeller, who has joined free programs, compilers and other things to help people to create their own emulators, games and ports. You can find this tools for free here :
http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/download.php?list.9 (Entorno de Desarrollo para DC)

I hope we can share information and news to keep in touch.

Regards

butters
April 15th, 2004, 07:39
I haven't looked at any of the Spanish projects, but I'm wondering if anyone is brave enough to translate any of them that are relatively text heavy to English, or even vice-versa, English to Spanish to help out that community.

wraggster
April 15th, 2004, 08:44
It makes you wonder that around the world we could all be missing out on releases just due to the language barrier.

Mekanaizer
April 16th, 2004, 19:08
Hi!

And Talfi don't forgott me who post the tut about DEV-C++ for Dreamcast and that it made Propeller's setup/install/all-in-one reality. *??? :o ???

-edit:
Environ that Sherezo used or still uses for SuperFamicast.

-Mekanaizer-

Propeller
April 17th, 2004, 01:56
Hi, wraggster, congrats for your work here, it shows us you're a supreme DC scener ;)

I would like to publicly thank Mekanaizer for the good work with his tutorials, and for trying to help everybody at Talfi's DC programming forum. I mentioned him as the most important fella in the development of the DCFreeDev programming environment, but looks like nobody has read the credits nor the readme file contained on the original release rars :-/

My only goal for that environment was that *anybody* who wanted to develop for the Dreamcast could just do it. It's a click 'n run environment for Windows (it took me several weeks to learn how to install a program in windows, as I have never used windows before) and everybody can freely install it and develop, with every library developed for the Dreamcast.

Currently, that environment is in spanish, but if there's any interest, I would translate it to english and release it again.

Thanks, wraggster, thanks for developing such a nice site, with fresh news everytime and good lookin' interviews.

Propeller

wraggster
April 17th, 2004, 02:04
I would like to publicly thank Mekanaizer for the good work with his tutorials, and for trying to help everybody at Talfi's DC programming forum. I mentioned him as the most important fella in the development of the DCFreeDev programming environment, but looks like nobody has read the credits nor the readme file contained on the original release rars :-/

My only goal for that environment was that *anybody* who wanted to develop for the Dreamcast could just do it. It's a click 'n run environment for Windows (it took me several weeks to learn how to install a program in windows, as I have never used windows before) and everybody can freely install it and develop, with every library developed for the Dreamcast.

Currently, that environment is in spanish, but if there's any interest, I would translate it to english and release it again.
Propeller

Wow your "click 'n run environment for Windows " sounds very interesting as there are many people who arent gifted as coders but who do like to Mod(beats of rage) and try and help the scene in some way.

An english version of this software would be awesome :)

Thanks for the kind words and for you and the Spanish Dreamcast Scene for their great work.

Nice Avatar too ;)

My fave film of the last year :D

Propeller
April 17th, 2004, 02:06
Thanks, wraggster.

Please expect an english version of that integrated development environment.

Propeller

wraggster
April 17th, 2004, 02:11
Thanks i wish you well with it :)

Propeller
April 18th, 2004, 21:34
Hey, looks like BlackAura is also interested on the all-in-one IDE idea!!!

I think he'll be pleased then... :)

Propeller

wraggster
April 18th, 2004, 22:01
Yeah its a fantastic idea and good for non devvers to try.

JMD
April 18th, 2004, 22:16
It's great !
A easy to install and a common toolchain will really help the devvers colaborations.

Propeller
April 18th, 2004, 22:43
As I said, an english version of the all-in-one IDE is on it's way, but if you can't wait for it, you can already download the spanish version of the environment:

http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/emuladores/dreamcast/DCfreedev/index.html

It's splitted on several rar archives.

Thanks for your support, and please contact me for any further question or doubt.

Propeller

Ian_micheal
April 19th, 2004, 00:06
is this dev c++ ?

Talfi
April 19th, 2004, 00:14
And Talfi don't forgott me who post the tut about DEV-C++ for Dreamcast and that it made Propeller's setup/install/all-in-one reality. *??? :o ???

Mekanaizer... excuse me http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/e107_images/emoticons/nodigno.gif I forgot to mention your great tutorial and work in our community.

Sorry again http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/e107/e107_images/emoticons/cry.gif

JMD
April 19th, 2004, 00:19
I downloading the package. In the 1st part, I found the readme.

DCFreeDev 1.0

Este entorno libre, legal y gratuito de desarrollo para Dreamcast ha sido construido
con el esfuerzo de la gente que se congrega en los foros de la comunidad Talfi.net

Para cualquier sugerencia, es ahí ha donde se ha de dirigir un@: www.talfi.net

Las cualidades más importantes de este entorno, por ahora, son:

+ Múltiples bibliotecas: SDL, Kallistios, Mp3, newlib, jpeg,
ogg, pcx, png, mod, zlib...

+ Fácil e inmediata configuración, con cuatro o cinco clicks, para Windows.
Aunque muchos de nosotros usemos Linux, quienes necesitan ayuda para montar
el entorno de desarrollo suelen ser los usuarios de Windows. Por tanto, ya
que un usuario experimentado de Linux sabría hacerlo solito, ofrecemos la
posibilidad de programar para Dreamcast a toda esa gente que no tiene la
suerte de saber usar Linux. O que no le gusta Linux, que a veces pasa.

+ Soporte directo para coders-cable, con el dc-tool. Scripts de ejemplo con
los que conectarse a la Dreamcast.

+ Disco de arranque para Dreamcast necesario para pasar ejecutables a la consola.
Grabar con Padus Discjuggler(R).

+ Múltiples utilidades para poder sacar rendimiento y pulir tus creaciones:
bin2boot, adr_patcher, ipbin4win, autodummy, pal_patcher...

+ Agrupación en un menú cómodamente accesible en Windows.

Esto es todo por ahora. Como se dice en la instalación del programa, gracias a los autores
de:

+ DevCpp (qué puedo decir...)
+ Kallistios (Mr. Potter, eres muy bueno)
+ SDL (port de Bero-sensei)
+ Librerías de uso común en Dreamcast (varios)
+ Inno Setup (gracias, de verdad)
+ bin2boot, ipbin4win, etc... Gracias a todos ellos.

Y, en especial, gracias a toda la gente del foro de www.talfi.net que han hecho posible
este entorno, bien con sus ánimos, bien con su ayuda, o bien simplemente sugiriendo cosas.

Obrigado para você esforços, amigo Mekanaizer!

Saludos para Talfi, DigiCharatFan, Decan, Kupra, Oyster, Neo_Matrix_IV, josemci,
crying_undeath, DaRKSLa1n, nullEx, y todos los que no recuerdo ahora por mi
mala memoria. Me parece que el "page stealer" ha hecho bien su trabajo...

Y, como no, mención de honor para Pimkin, chica culta, inteligente, l33t y gamer donde las haya.

End of file, que diría el otro.

I will wait the english package because I though I understand the spanish .... But no ;D

Seems to be precompiled libs with DevC++ and utils in only one package and auto config.
Not tried yet but looks nice.
I am just a bit afraid this package shut down my actual Dev C++ config. :-/

Propeller
April 19th, 2004, 01:32
Yepp, it's DevC++ with every precompiled library. Please backup your dev-c++ configuration before installing this stuff, since it will overwrite it.

It also includes some freeware or free utilities, dc-tool, bin2boot, ipbin4win, etc...

The examples included there automatically use the coders-cable.

Propeller

Merkoth
April 19th, 2004, 16:11
hey Prop, are you going to include the arm toolkit? because that's the only lack of DCFreeDev...

Propeller
April 19th, 2004, 20:48
Yeah! Of course, you won't miss it in the next release!!! (1.1-english)

It's time to use that AICA hardware... ;)

Propeller

pascal
April 21st, 2004, 13:15
omg, out of the box package with arm kit soon, propeller, u'll be responsible for my come back with dcdev, once the english pack is out, i'll frame ur picture and put it on my bed desk ;)

BlackAura
April 21st, 2004, 13:35
Nice job Propeller. Just one question - why is it 60MB?

The precompiled Cygwin toolchains I put up were 7.4MB (SH-4), 4.3MB (ARM7), and 2.9MB (KOS 1.2.0). That's a total of around 15MB, and I'm pretty sure I could make that smaller still.

I deleted a lot of the stuff which wasn't needed, like Newlib (KOS doesn't need it at all - it just uses the newlib header files to enable C++ support), the SH-1 through SH-3 libraries, the big-endien versions of the libraries, then I stripped the debugging info from all of the EXE and DLL files, deleted the info and man pages, and probably a few other bits and pieces. KOS can similarly be trimmed down, by deleting all the temporary build files, all of the source code, getting rid of the examples (which would need to be modified for use with an IDE anyway), and generally deleting anything that's not needed.

Propeller
April 21st, 2004, 21:18
Well, add the devcpp environment, some nice utils, more libraries, examples, the windows installer and some more stuff I don't remember (this kit is old enough...) and you get 60MB. And add the fact that the installation archive is not compressed... and that's it.

Sure that next release will be smaller, and I'm planning to support also GP32 :)

Propeller

pascal
April 21st, 2004, 22:11
a little remark, it''d be nice to not upload the elf directly when using the option compiled
but well when we do "compile & execute'

Propeller
April 21st, 2004, 22:42
By the way, another point: This environment also includes the compiler and libraries for producing windows applications! Dunno why, but I forgot to mention it before.

Do you want me to remove that "extra" feature out of the release?

Propeller

BlackAura
April 22nd, 2004, 05:51
By the way, another point: This environment also includes the compiler and libraries for producing windows applications! Dunno why, but I forgot to mention it before.

Ah... That'd be part of the reason then. You've got two full compilers, two sets of libraries, two sets of header files... Unless there's a decent reason to remove it, you may as well leave it in.

I wouldn't have thought that just the libraries, tools and IDE could take up that much space by themselves. The Windows development stuff from MinGW is around 35MB uncompressed, and I think DevC++ comes with most of that anyway.

Thinking about it... Is there some way to split the thing into a couple of pieces? That way, the Windows development stuff and the ARM development stuff could be separate downloads, so people with slower connections don't need to download stuff they don't need.

Propeller
April 22nd, 2004, 21:37
Yeah, there's a way :-) I can think of it as 'upgrades' or something... That's nice.

There's just a problem, and is that there are some windows utilities coming from the windows compiler toolkit (as make) that are the same to ARM and SH4 compilers... and for the ease of the process I didn't remove it.

Next (english) version of the DCFreeDev will be an intelligent one, guys... A big 'Thank You' for all of your comments, my friends! I highly appreciate them!

Propeller

wraggster
April 22nd, 2004, 22:09
We really appreciate your great work too. :)

BlackAura
April 23rd, 2004, 16:08
Doesn't DevC++ come with a version of make anyway, or doesn't it work properly for this kind of thing?

speud
April 23rd, 2004, 20:42
thats an interesting project, i already have my dev set up but maybe that would simplify some steps, and it will probably make more people getting interested in dc programming which is really good. keep up the good work

Propeller
April 24th, 2004, 01:36
I use the "make" that comes with devcpp, there's no problem with that ;)

I think I'll remove the full windows libraries and stuff, and let the Dreamcast thing alone. Then, I'll release "upgrade packs" for Windows and GP32.

Thanks a lot for your support and comments.

Propeller

DCLoser11
May 2nd, 2004, 16:31
for what it is worth here is the readme included trans into english

DCFreeDev 1.0

This free, legal and free environment of development for Dreamcast has been constructed
with the effort of the people who congregates in the forums of the community Talfi.net

For any suggestion, it is there there is where one has to go: www.talfi.net

The most important qualities of this environment, for the time being, are:

+ Multiple libraries: SDL, Kallistios, Mp3, newlib, jpeg,
ogg, pcx, png, mod, zlib...

+ Easy and immediate configuration, with four or five clicks, for Windows.
Though many of us we use Linux, who need help to mount
the environment of development it is usual for them to be the users of Windows.
Therefore, already
that an experienced user of Linux would be able to do it solito, we offer
possibility of programming for Dreamcast all these people who does not have
luck of being able to use Linux. Or that he does not like Linux, that sometimes it happens.

+ Direct support for coders-cable, with the dc-tool. Scripts of example with
+ Multiple utilities to be able to extract yield and to polish your creations:
bin2boot, adr_patcher, ipbin4win, autodummy, pal_patcher...

+ Grouping in a comfortably accessible menu in Windows.

This is quite for the time being. As it is said in the installation of the program, thanks to the authors
of:

+ DevCpp (what can I say ...)
+ Kallistios (Mr. Potter, you are very good)
+ SDL (port of Bero-sensei)
+ Bookstores of common use in (different) Dreamcast
+ Inno Setup (thank you, indeed)
+ Bin2boot, ipbin4win, etc... Thanks to all of them.

And, especially, thanks to all the people of the forum of www.talfi.net that they have made possible
this environment, good with his intentions, good with his help, or simply suggesting things.

Obrigado for você esforços, friend Mekanaizer!

Greetings for Talfi, DigiCharatFan, Decan, Kupra, Oyster, Neo_Matrix_IV, josemci,
crying_undeath, DaRKSLa1n, nullEx, and all those that I do not remember now for me
bad memory. It seems to me that " page stealer " has done well his work...

And, as not, mention of honor for Pimkin, educated, intelligent girl, l33t and gamer where they are.

End of file, who would say other. ;) ;)

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 16:33
Yeah i cant wait for the release