PDA

View Full Version : trouble with .cdi files

Alt12
August 9th, 2006, 16:31
I spent all night searching for a rom and I found it. to my surprise, it wasn't an .Iso but a .cdi. I have no idea what to do because it is split into like 15 different rar. files. and there is no way I can mount all of those. Maybe one of you guys can help me out, Im stumped

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 16:52
yeah, but no...talking about warez isn't allowed

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 16:54
Yeah sorry. We're legal.

Runefox
August 9th, 2006, 19:27
While it is illegal to talk about warez/"ROMs" here (the term "ROMs" only applies to cartridge based systems; This is a CD image), one piece of advice I CAN give you towards CDI files in general is to use Google, which would have saved you from this kind of response.

Even better, look for the game in question on eBay or at a local retailer. Most used game shops have Dreamcast games, some even have new, sealed games. The original GD-ROMs always provide a smoother game experience, as the CD-ROM hacks almost always have to cut out music or videos, or even use compression (which slows things down), so it's always better to get the original game disc anyway, not to mention the fact that CD-ROM hacks almost always place a lot more wear on the Dreamcast's laser, due to differences in the way the CD/GD is burnt/pressed. This also means longer loading times, as the laser has to reposition more often, rather than a smooth stream as with a GD-ROM (which is pressed/burned in a very specific way).