PDA

View Full Version : New Iris engine?

PSPKOR
August 9th, 2006, 17:54
As this new FPS is being worked on by PSmonkey with his kohkae engine, could he not use that engine on Iris and would it make it better? I was just wundering as PSmonkey said in his project updates that "no new Iris for the summer" but would it take that long to implement the kohkae engine into Iris?

PSmonkey
August 9th, 2006, 20:08
As this new FPS is being worked on by PSmonkey with his kohkae engine, could he not use that engine on Iris and would it make it better? I was just wundering as PSmonkey said in his project updates that "no new Iris for the summer" but would it take that long to implement the kohkae engine into Iris?

I'm in discussion with Produkt and a coding buddy to redo iris using the new engine and make it actualy a full on game.

Yet withe me so busy with the compo entrys i wont have time to deal with it till september.

Hense the no new iris this summer (i always consider september the start of the new work year).

Produkt
August 9th, 2006, 23:14
an the time when the god damned teanagers arent sitting on the corner pissing me off and tempting me to run them over...

On a happier note! The new iris full game will be getting an overhaul to make it an entirely enjoyable game with many features that people have been next to demanding...

PSPdemon
August 10th, 2006, 02:12
On a happier note! The new iris full game will be getting an overhaul to make it an entirely enjoyable game with many features that people have been next to demanding...

:D

i hope so :D

BrooksyX
August 10th, 2006, 09:09
:D

i hope so :D

yeah it sounds good but i think i am more looking forward to psmonkeys fps.

How much longer do we have to wait?:(

TNR360
August 10th, 2006, 20:58
august 20th

Produkt
August 10th, 2006, 21:39
I regret to inform you all that untill further notice the new FPS has been shelved... other games are expected to come from Monkey Around software please stay tuned...

kersplatty
August 10th, 2006, 21:59
wow monkey around software, its become a fully fledged psp software company, very professional. in the future would it be possible for you to make fps with the new iris engine:confused:

PSmonkey
August 10th, 2006, 22:45
I regret to inform you all that untill further notice the new FPS has been shelved... other games are expected to come from Monkey Around software please stay tuned...

Just FYI,

The new FPS has not really been shelved that much. We are just not going to rush and crap it up for a compo. So we are going to hold it back and make it better.

In the mean time I am bumping sandbox up and making it my neo compo entry. I am adding more then i intended to make up for the lack of an fps entry.

--edit--
Also new FPS != Iris. New fps will be much more different then Iris or redone iris.

Like compairing Rainbow Six 3 to Unreal.

BrooksyX
August 10th, 2006, 23:04
ahh the makes me even sadder. Oh well I hope it is worth it in the long run!

Produkt
August 11th, 2006, 00:50
Dont be sad, the new version will feal like a full game not, just a simple time burner

BrooksyX
August 12th, 2006, 08:10
thats good to hear, I was just getting my hopes up for a release soon.