PDA

View Full Version : NeoGeoCDSDL

Clessy
April 28th, 2004, 21:54
Some options to consider.

Screen Resizing.

Non acurate NeoGeoCD Load Speeds: See you can tell the emulator is using the NeoGeoCDZ load speeds which is simply 1.5x speed and makes loading in some games very bad. However Dreamcast has a much better load speed. You should make the emulator over look the Neogeo bios defaulted 1.5 and make it read to at least a nice 6x speed.

Menu: Mines well just use the popular Super Famicast Menu that everyone loves so much and add it to this menu with a different more neo style theme.

Ian_micheal
April 28th, 2004, 23:50
Load times are much better Read the neogeo forum. improved by up to 60 sec on some games.

Clessy
April 29th, 2004, 04:42
Go play Samurai Spirits RPG and tell me you think the loading is reasonable at all :D.

I know the orginal NeogeoCD loads it horriably but maybe you can make it autohack the bios when it runs to set it for a higher speed.

GPF
April 29th, 2004, 05:26
NeoCD/SDL does not emulate the CDROM, it traps the bios calls to the CD and just uses plain old stdio for reading the cdrom files. It goes as fast as the gdrom can go.

Troy

Clessy
April 29th, 2004, 05:31
Then there's no way the game should take the same time it takes on the 1.5x NeoGeoCDZ laser that it takes on a DC. My friend who owns a CDZ compared and says there the same speed.

BlackAura
April 29th, 2004, 08:09
The game's probably decompressing something. If it is, it's likely that it's limited by the CPU speed, not the CD speed. In that case, it'll never be able to load faster than a NeoGeoCD does.

quzar
April 29th, 2004, 09:28
Some options to consider.

Screen Resizing.

Non acurate NeoGeoCD Load Speeds: See you can tell the emulator is using the NeoGeoCDZ load speeds which is simply 1.5x speed and makes loading in some games very bad. However Dreamcast has a much better load speed. You should make the emulator over look the Neogeo bios defaulted 1.5 and make it read to at least a nice 6x speed.

Menu: Mines well just use the popular Super Famicast Menu that everyone loves so much and add it to this menu with a different more neo style theme.

Once the emulator is fixed better then we will add things like that. Already there are plans to use 2xSAI (as seen in the credits) for video resizing and of course things like variable quality sound, but first we need to get the SFX code working at all.

Ian_micheal
April 30th, 2004, 03:34
Load times are as fast as the dreamcast can go it's not using any limts. screen render is not final were even looking into total sh4 asm screen render.

Clessy
April 30th, 2004, 04:11
Who in the group knows SH4?
Just remember push this thing as far as you can in C before you bust out the Asm. Thats hard time consuming stuff.

Ian_micheal
April 30th, 2004, 04:57
Mekanaizer does He is teaching me..

Clessy
April 30th, 2004, 05:10
Damn Ian if you learn Sh4..... well I think you'd surly be the best DC coder. Because your a work o holic.

I seriously wish there was music on last blade.
You should try it Ian its a wonderfull game. Its the best fighting game for Neogeo that or Last Blade 2.

Clessy
May 1st, 2004, 06:21
Infact LastBlade doesnt work at all.....
I thought it would be just the sound that doesnt work but the game doesnt even boot.

Ian_micheal
May 1st, 2004, 08:19
I think last blade 2 does. Try it on the pc version both games if it does not work on it then you know the problem. If it does i can look at it if i had the game to test.

Clessy
May 1st, 2004, 16:00
I got Last Blade to run on the pc however it still just hangs up on NeoCD.

Ian_micheal
May 1st, 2004, 17:20
http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/neocdlist.htm check there list was for version 4 but it's all we have most is the same.

Ive only had one report of last blade 2 working but not by any one else so ive marked both of them as not working. Compatablty should mirror the pc version.

quzar
May 1st, 2004, 19:27
Last Blade 2 is already on the DC (port)

Clessy
May 2nd, 2004, 00:53
Hence why I tried Last Blade and not the second one :D
I will try SS4 tonight.

I wish last blade would of worked.

Clessy
May 2nd, 2004, 01:02
- this wasnt posted by me and was posted cause someone was lame enough to hack my account. I've changed my password so now hopefully that will be enough -

Clessy
May 2nd, 2004, 01:03
- this wasnt posted by me and was posted cause someone was lame enough to hack my account. I've changed my password so now hopefully that will be enough -