PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft: 3D TVs in "everyone's" home by 2013

wraggster
July 9th, 2010, 23:54
Publisher Ubisoft has made the bold claim that the majority of homes will own 3D-capable TVs within three years.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz sister site Eurogamer.net, UK head of marketing Murray Pannel said "The truth is I think it is a technology that's coming. We can't ignore it. It'll start slowly this year. But like HDTV I wouldn't rule out the fact that this will be installed in everyone's living room in three year's time.

"For the naysayers, if you like, I would say, 'Just watch this space'... You have global corporations like Sony pushing 3D as hard as they possibly can, Sky showcasing 3D content on TV. I believe it will become a much more important part of consumer electronics than a lot of people believe."

Pannel also emphasised that Ubisoft had been ahead the curve on 3D, with last year's poorly-received Avatar game. "The technology was in its infancy and you couldn't buy 3D TVs at all," he said.

He confirmed more 3D games were on the way from the publisher, however.

Pannel's prediction reaches further even than a Sony-endorsed survey claiming that 40 per cent of TVs would be 3D by 2014, and recent polls suggesting around 30 per cent of consumers were considering in buying one.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ubisoft-3d-tvs-in-everyones-home-by-2013

Bearmon
July 10th, 2010, 00:03
WRONG> I am one of those people who will not buy 3D because I am not tv person and if I am tv person then I will stay with panel lcd tv as long as I want it to. 3D is ridiculous and unnecessarily. What a thief they are to make us buy their expensive teleivisions, no thanks! I will buy console/portable if it is a must for 3D tv which I doubt anyway!

ricosuavez
July 10th, 2010, 09:01
i guess they(ubi) are saying that because they want to make and sell 3d games and what ever ,personally i will not buy in because it put a lot of strain in my eyes to watch anything that is 3d plus i am very happy with lcd.