PDA

View Full Version : Anti PlayStation 3 Propaganda Reaches Comedic Frenzy

wraggster
August 9th, 2006, 19:53
You might have picked up on recent reports leading you to believe that Sony has conned you and everyone else with claims that the PlayStation 3 will be fully backwards compatible with earlier SCE platform software. You've probably read something about needing an adapter... It all sounds like a bit of a mess.

The amazing non-news doing the rounds right now details how the PlayStation 3 cannot accept PlayStation 1 and 2 memory cards, something we've known since E3 2005. Sony has taken the step of announcing that it will be making available an adapter to enable users to transfer save files from cards to the PS3's hard drive.

For some reason, this has caused outrage in some circles. "PS3 Digs Itself a Deeper Grave, Requires Adapter for Backwards Compatibility" exclaims Gizmodo. The site continues, "In the biggest twist of the year, including last year, Sony has made another bad decision regarding the PlayStation 3. Claims have been running rampant that this console would be able to play both PS2 and PSOne games—it still will be able to, but require an additional adapter that will likely cost a kidney or two."

This spin seems to have been cast aloft as The Truth by many blind followers, a shame given from what SPOnG can see, Sony's only doing good things in the BC field.

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 19:58
thats just a little over the top isnt it..?
surely were talking about a usb with an attatchment on it, third parties will make them within a month anyway

DIEx3
August 9th, 2006, 20:39
Yes, but knowing Fony, I can absolutely assume that the adapter will cost at least two kidneys. :P

BrooksyX
August 9th, 2006, 20:43
Most like it will be a usb adapter that will cost like $20-$30 which you will only need to use once. so here is what you do: find like 3 or 4 freinds that also have a ps3 and split the cost with them. there you go problem solved.

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 20:48
snt sound a bad deal to me. not everyone will want it. so why should it be free.

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 20:51
Most like it will be a usb adapter that will cost like $20-$30 which you will only need to use once. so here is what you do: find like 3 or 4 freinds that also have a ps3 and split the cost with them. there you go problem solved.

why should someone only need to use it once? do you think it's some kinda update? i'd rather think that you'll have to plug it in the whole time you want to play your old games

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 21:01
it will copy the saves to the hard drive in the PS3

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 21:07
but why do you need saves to run your old games?

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 21:11
you misunderstand.
the adapter would allow you to transfer your old psone, pstwo game saves to your ps3 so you can play your old games on the ps3 and continue from your old save files

freitax
August 9th, 2006, 21:16
Sony needed another approach on this one, they forgot to count with the idiots and ignorant people (major population), very very sad indeed, I would bet that the guy clearly understood that the adapter was only for the memory card, but is a stupid sony-hater that can't have the dignity to inform people instead of twisting words.

okay, let's make this clear, you can play all playstation library in your ps3, but if you want to use your saves that are stored on a Playstation memory card you have to buy an adapter to transfer your saves to the harddrive of the ps3, after that you can start saving on the harddrive of the ps3

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 21:17
now it makes sense :)

thanks for filling me in

DPyro
August 9th, 2006, 21:37
Why would I need to transfer my old saves to the PS3 HDD....If you have old PS2 saves, chances are you HAVE a PS2 to play it on already. Besides, if I wanted to play my old PS1/PS2 games I'd start from scratch anyways.

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 21:53
i always keep my saves. if i would buy a ps3 i would sell my ps2, just to make room for the new console. transfering the saves is also a good option for those whose ps2 just bid the dust and who're waiting for the ps3 instead of getting another ps2

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 22:06
its purely to make your living room look more attractive with only one console.

and i would prefer to start again as well.

muffinman
August 9th, 2006, 22:58
well my ps2 will stay in my living room my ps3 will be in my room. Anyways yeah one time purchase which can be split before users as it wont take long to transfer a couple of meg of data.

acn010
August 9th, 2006, 23:35
Zony must sell their things at a very very vey low price

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 23:37
you tell em

acn010
August 9th, 2006, 23:42
ok, i will...
*walks towards sony store*

stotheamuel
August 10th, 2006, 05:45
and who're waiting for the ps3 instead of getting another ps2

then they wouldnt have ps2 saves would they?

NoQuarter
August 10th, 2006, 07:56
You could always back up your ps1 and ps2 saves using max media for the psp,then transfer them to your ps3 via usb.

Xiaopang
August 10th, 2006, 11:36
then they wouldnt have ps2 saves would they?

not especially. if your ps2 breaks, your memory cards could still be intact

jerrt
August 10th, 2006, 15:03
well thank you for making all this craziness a little more clear. i understood what all the original news stated and i was quite pleased even if i have to pay a little extra money.

someone said splitting the cost with friends, great idea, but make sure you keep it close becaues if you ever want to move them back to ps1/2 card it seems you can do that too. [see this is what i was talking about, sony tries to be versitile sometimes]

i had just finished writing a blog complaining about how the media gets worked up about nothing, and spins it how they feel people will pay attention just because they don't have anything better to do. i have to say i'm sorry to them because the ps3 isnt' out yet, but deal with it. find something else to do besides confuse the easily confused.

sorry for the rant. again, great work. [:

GeEkPiE
August 10th, 2006, 15:25
:D sony suck!

whitefeather
August 10th, 2006, 15:49
:D sony suck!
if you think that dont buy any of their products

BuckDich
August 17th, 2006, 16:50
Theyre definately dumb for that article.
Why would they expect them to have a port for a memory card of their previous console if they have a hard drive?

I think the writer is just dumb and didnt understand what was being said to him.