PDA

View Full Version : Wiz-Atari v1.1 - Atari Menu - text not visible

Doombear
July 11th, 2010, 20:41
I'm having a problem Gp2x Wiz-Atari : Atari 800/130/5200 Emulator for Wiz

It used to display properly, but now when I go into the "Atari Menu" to load a 5200 cartridge, I do not see the text. The screen has the blue background and light blue highlights, which I can move around to the different menu options, but there isn't any text visible so I don't know what menu options I'm selecting. When I select any options, it takes me to the next submenus, which also have the same problem. I see text on all the other menus of this emulator (eg. Load Rom, Cheats, Keyboard, Joystick, Settings).

I've tried re-installing the emulator a few times. It is happening with version 1.1.0 and 1.1.1

Anybody know how I can correct this issue?

zx-81
July 18th, 2010, 11:00
You may try this one (the background is black so it's easier to see the highlighted item :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/public/wiz/wizatari/wizatari-v1.1.2-bin.zip

Doombear
July 18th, 2010, 12:07
Hi. With Wiz-Atari v1.1.2 Atari Menu, I get a black background and blue highlight bar, but there is no text on the screen or within the highlight bar. I can move the bar around and select menu options and go to submenus, which also have the same issue.

I do get text appearing on the other menus of this emulator (eg. Help, Load Rom, Cheats, Keyboard, Joystick, Settings). This is a strange one. I could take pictures of what is happening if it would give a clearer idea.

zx-81
July 18th, 2010, 15:18
i've sent you a picture of my wiz screen, does it looks different on yours ?

Doombear
July 18th, 2010, 19:57
I have a pic of your 1.1.1. version and it the same except there is no text on mine. I wonder if there are any display or resolution settings which are out of spec on my Wiz? Every other emulator on my Gp2x Wiz is functioning and displaying properly, including the intricate text of the C-64 Frodo screens. Odd stuff.

zx-81
July 19th, 2010, 20:04
what is your firmware version ? may be you don't have the same SDL lib ?

Doombear
July 19th, 2010, 20:31
Version 1.1.0
Firmware Linux 2.6.25
Model GP2X-Wiz

The Atari Menu used to work on my Wiz for a few days, but then I ran into the issue of non-visible text for whatever reason. Something may have gotten corrupted. I have tried WizAtari 1.1.0, 1.1.1. and 1.1.2 and all have the same issue.

So I could try a firmware update and see if that helps.

Doombear
July 20th, 2010, 07:40
Success!

I upgraded firmware to 1.2.1 rev 327 and the menu text is appearing again.

Thanks again for your assistance.

zx-81
July 21st, 2010, 19:54
glad to see you finally succeed to fix that issue