PDA

View Full Version : Issued on CF 5.00m33 - Prometheus

wraggster
July 11th, 2010, 21:15
News via http://www.psp-ita.com/?module=news&id=40845&view_reply=1

After the recent release of CF 5:50 Prometheus Prometheus and 5.03 , the PSP hacking scene seemed to have moved permanently to the custom firmware branded GEN, excluding the historians of M33 Dark_Alex . Experience shows , however , that often carry a coder shift , most often driven by the desires of end users of the CF , that we users.
So here he sees the light that can be defined as the CF 5.00m33 - Prometheus. Again this is not a CF in itself, as a patch applied to last CF 5.00 M33 -6 , making it the most complete available piazza .
The combination of 5.00 M33 -6 with its high compatibility for homebrew and functionality of Prometheus to start out the latest headlines without having to apply any patches, it is stated as the definitive turning point in the field of Custom Firmware

ricosuavez
July 12th, 2010, 00:59
why is there no read me or instructions ,i suppose it goes in somewhere in flash...well i guess i have to translate from the italien site ,sniff ,sniff

ok here it is :

copy prometheus_lite.prx to flash0:/kd/prometheus_lite.prx

then copy Prometheus_key.txt to flash1:/Prometheus_key.txt

then copy Stargate.prx to ms0:/seplugins/Stargate.prx

then add this line to game.txt in your seplugins

ms0:/seplugins/Stargate.prx 1

et voila you are set up to go

Veskgar
July 12th, 2010, 04:20
Hmmm. So what will this allow my 5.00 M33-6 PSP 2000 to do that it cannot already do?

Mr. Shizzy
July 12th, 2010, 13:40
Hmmm. So what will this allow my 5.00 M33-6 PSP 2000 to do that it cannot already do?

It will allow the latest UMD/ISO to run on your cfw PSP, without having to go through all the trouble of patching them :)

demonolith
July 17th, 2010, 17:06
It will allow the latest UMD/ISO to run on your cfw PSP, without having to go through all the trouble of patching them :)

sounds like a win to me

gensuke
July 18th, 2010, 14:27
A proper translation:

Prometheus CF 5.00M33 released, plus guide.

After the recent release of Prometheus 5.03 and 5.50 CF, the PSP hacking scene seemed to have shifted permanently towards GEN branded custom firmwares, excluding [forgetting] the historical M33 by Dark_Alex. Experience shows however that often coders steer from their route often driven by the wishes of CF end-users: us.

So here it comes what can be defined as CF 5.00M33-Prometheus. Also in this case, this is not a standalone Custom Firmware but a patch to be applied to the latest CF 5.00 M33-6, making it the most complete firmware available on the scene.

The sinergy of 5.00 M33-6 and its high compatibility rate with homebrews coupled with Prometheus functionalities that allows the latest game releases to run unpatched, makes it a definitive turning point in the matter of Custom Firmwares.

The guide:
Required: PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 with 5.00M33-6 CF
5.00M33-Prometheus-(MOD)

Installation:
- Connect your PSP to the PC using a USB cable.

- From VSH-Menu or from Recovery enable the connection to flash0
- Copy prometheus_lite.prx in /kd/ so that you end up with flash0:/kd/prometheus_lite.prx

- From VSH-Menu or from Recovery enable the connection to flash1
- Copy Prometheus_key.txt in flash1 root, so that you end up with flash1:/Prometheus_key.txt

- From VSH-Menu or from Recovery enable the connection to the Memory Stick
- Copy Stargate.prx in /seplugins/ so that you end up with ms0:/seplugins/Stargate.prx

- Now edit game.txt in /seplugins/ and insert the following:
ms0:/seplugins/Stargate.prx 1

When the game starts, the pluginn that manages the encryption keys needed by the new games will be loaded automatically.

If you have problems, just disable the plugin from the recovery menu..