PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD/SDL DC version 6

Ian_micheal
April 26th, 2004, 10:33
Here's what's new

*Frameskipping: it was implemented before but not properly. it is fixed and set at ~4.
*Frame Limiting: This allows for the emulator to slow down if it is rendering too fast.
*VMU Display: Existed before but was broken, now displays a neo geo logo, saving... or "PUSH UP FOR REGION SELECT" when appropriate.
*Optional Region Select: Region select is now not default. To access it, hold up while the emu is loading. (defaults to USA)
*Game Autoloading: Now the emulator auto-loads game, no need to wait and hit start, just put in a CD when prompted, and the emulator will do the rest.
*Speedup: The emulator has been sped up by around 10% max, without the frameskip. When frameskip is taken into account, it runs almost completely full speed.
*Right trigger will make the emu run in slow motion
*Misc bugfixes and code optimizations. 2 players is via using 2nd player on the keyboard at this time.

Quzar did a lot of work on this i thank him for that..

most if not all games work better now. Enjoy

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/

Shawdows now flash as well.

i could not find the topic i made for it post comments here if you want

DemoniusX
April 26th, 2004, 10:49
dude this rocks, the speed is great, loading seems faster, this emu just keep s getting nbetter, you go ian, the god of emulation :}

Clessy
April 26th, 2004, 17:48
Maybe its just me but the region selector is cool and all but if you put in the Japanese version of the game it should auto detect that its Japanese and use Japanese mode. Same goes for all regions. Then you should also be able to bypass that by choosing a region auto force like in neogeo emus for pc. Not Playing Neogeo games in Japansee mode is evil anyways.

DemoniusX
April 26th, 2004, 23:29
Maybe its just me but the region selector is cool and all but if you put in the Japanese version of the game it should auto detect that its Japanese and use Japanese mode. Same goes for all regions. Then you should also be able to bypass that by choosing a region auto force like in neogeo emus for pc. Not Playing Neogeo games in Japansee mode is evil anyways.
I don't know I like reading english since I can't read japanese. Ian this emu is sweet bro, I played some aero fighters 2 that game is a dirty cheap piece of crap but I love it!!!!!

Clessy
April 27th, 2004, 02:01
If your to stupid to read a fighting game in Japanese I pitty you ^_^ Especially seeing how the menu's are still defaulted in English even on Japanese mode on most games. Also only about 5 or less NeoGeo games have text that youd wanna read and none of them even have usa versions so the text would be in Japanese even on English mode :D

Clessy
April 27th, 2004, 02:03
Also something i found werid is how fast Kof 99 runs compared to Samurai Spirits RPG runs. SSRPG seems slower than usual. If you need the game Ian I could lown it to you can you could test with it.

Ian_micheal
April 27th, 2004, 14:01
new version is out faster And smoother now.. on most if not all games. Yeah some games really run well .. 6.5 is out now..
i love to have the game to test i hardly have any which makes it hard to optimize..

Were going to have a data base and settings change when it detects games names so coming version will have games running even better. And this will let a border range of things to be done patches for each game can then be done..

Once this is running faster SFX can try to be added back.

Clessy
April 27th, 2004, 17:56
Wow I didnt even notice they where missing lol. Still looks good as ****.
I dare say this is much better than DreamSnes in speed lol.

quzar
April 29th, 2004, 09:31

The fact that you can change the region shows how NeoGeoCD games are multiregion. There is no such thing as a japanese games because all games could be played in all regions. Eventually though there will be a configurable database for what you want certain games to default to. The region selector is only a temporary fix for the lack of a menu.

BlackAura
April 29th, 2004, 09:45
If you've not done so already, you could try to grab the region from the DC's firmware (if it's Japanese language, then it's Japan, if it's English/NTSC then it's US, and if it's PAL then it's Europe). At the very least, that'd give you an acceptable default setting.

wraggster
April 29th, 2004, 22:30
Quick Question :)

If NeoCd is running at a good Speed, is a Sega CD emu a possiblilty too?

Ian_micheal
April 30th, 2004, 03:09
Hmm possable but At this point there is no fullspeed gensis emu with sounf and emulating the sega cd addon top would be hard. It be a lot of work and a big team needed.