PDA

View Full Version : Ape Escape Racing

wraggster
August 9th, 2006, 22:38
News Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/724/724544p1.html)

Following years of platformers, those wacky apes who love to escape are following Jak and Crash's lead and trying out the racing genre. The latest issue of Famitsu contains first details on Ape Escape Racer, now in development for Japanese PSP release later this year.

Officially titled Sarugetchu Piposaru Racer in Japan, this racer features the apes from the Ape Escape series. This time, instead of acting out their favorite movie parts and running away from your trusty net, they race one another, using weapons and items to make sure of a front position.

This isn't a cart racer per se. Rather than boarding a vehicle, the apes equip themselves with tires and an engine, then speed down the track like a car would. The game will offer 46 such "vehicles," each with two forms, one for performing drifts and one specializing in acceleration.

If it can capture the humor of the Ape Escape series, we're up for it! Expect more details shortly.

Mr. Shizzy
August 9th, 2006, 22:41
I love Ape Escape!!! I'm definently buying this game!

Hevyduty
August 9th, 2006, 23:26
You know, between this and the upcoming Pac-Man Rally, the last thing the world needs is another kart racer. But who cares? This game sounds like fun.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 23:39
i like mario kart better. well, i'll give it a try anyways :)

lefthooklori
August 10th, 2006, 03:32
Sweet. Looks cool!

Cloud_35
August 10th, 2006, 15:39
Weird...

What's next? LocoRoco Racing?

I prefer Ape escape on platform :)

Shadowblind
August 10th, 2006, 15:45
ape escape was a good game, but a little repetitive.

ACID
August 10th, 2006, 16:04
Lokks nice will buy for the kid. LOL i mean for me. No really for the kid

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 23:25
This ought to be fun! Racing games can only go so far. Lets home there are some added elements to offer a unique experience.

MaxSMoke
August 11th, 2006, 06:53
NO - MORE - KART - RACERS

Enough is enough. Any more and acts of violence might be necessary.