PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Blog News - Nub Update Report

wraggster
July 18th, 2010, 18:56
News via http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

Just some quick update report on the Nub status:

The company is doing electrical testing for bad traces, bad resistance in the joystick and is also setting aside any nubs that feel loose or gritty.
I'm pretty sure that test is way better than any of our "move them around for a while to see if they work fine"-testings.

While we don't know yet if this is related to the few nubs that kept sticking in one direction (those nubs are still on the way to the manufacturer to be tested), it could well be the reason. If the rubber is a bit too gritty or thick, the resistance is wrong and it could lead to a sticking nub.

500 tested nubs (tested in one day! :)) are ready to be shipped today to the board manufacturer. Shipping takes one day, so if we're lucky, by next week more boards will be ready.

I'll keep you updated! :)

symbal
July 25th, 2010, 17:14
I have to be honest when i first heard about Pandora i thought Hmm interesting.. Even though it looks unplayable with that netbook layout the pure grunt of the thing still had my interest, but reading all these quality issues and delays has like with many people destroyed any chance i will buy one and will most likely only goto the hardcore homebrewers who are willing to keep returning it to get faulty components replaced, as much as i'd like to support this i only buy hardware either really good quality to last at least 10 years if i choose, or some cheap throw away Chinese crap and this is neither, but i will keep my eye on quality reports and might reconsider.