PDA

View Full Version : Rumoured Emulators

wraggster
April 18th, 2004, 19:48
Lets have a bit of Fun trying to remember all the ports that were announced but never came to be for what ever reason.

Here goes

Atani

Intellivision emu
GBA emu
Sega CD emu

Crt0/Troll

Genemu

Lets see if we can get a full list up :)

Clessy
April 21st, 2004, 18:56
SaturnCast < Claimed they had Nights runing at 30% with no graphical glithces, which would of be extremly hard to do at the time seeing as how the pc versions of the emulators where no where close to even runing nights.

NeoCastCD < That one thing that had a picture spoof showing neogeocd runing

Ohh and personally I think Atani is a big ass ****ing liar who never even got anywhere on those projects and should be ****ing killed.

Crt0 actually did have work done on his emu. He released it for some people to test but then again listening to them saying its true proves nothing either. This is as real as Iracus is to me. I mean I want it to be true but I seriously doubt it.

Clessy
April 21st, 2004, 18:58
Ohh I forgot to mention the rumored N64 emulator which actually had a tab on Dcemulation.com for awhile because they thought it to be true.

wraggster
April 21st, 2004, 19:10
Well Atani is a decent chap who probably took on more than he could handle at the time.

So no flaming please :)

The N64 emu was a laugh wasnt it, that did the scene a lot of damage.

Skyhawk
April 21st, 2004, 23:03
I gathered a list with info about some of those emulators, you can find them here:

http://dckb.dcevo.com/fakes.htm

Skyhawk
April 21st, 2004, 23:06
And oh.. Clessious, it slipped my mind, but what was your contribution to the scene?

Ah.. I remember! Nothing! Just stop the bitching before nobody likes you anymore.

DemoniusX
April 23rd, 2004, 01:21
that fake N64 ticked me off!!!!!! >:( but when I think about it was a pretty funny joke. 8)

Clessy
April 23rd, 2004, 01:55
And oh.. Clessious, it slipped my mind, but what was your contribution to the scene?

Ah.. I remember! Nothing! Just stop the bitching before nobody likes you anymore.
Eh **** you. I dont have to do anything for the scene.
But at least I never claimed to do anything and didnt even do it. Better not to set up and say you can do something than to idle in the shadows. BTW go back to dcemulation if you wanna talk trash you should be with the trash. End of fight. I think we should remove both of our post once you've read this.

DemoniusX
April 23rd, 2004, 02:03
Eh **** you. I dont have to do anything for the scene.
But at least I never claimed to do anything and didnt even do it. Better not to set up and say you can do something than to idle in the shadows. BTW go back to dcemulation if you wanna talk trash you should be with the trash. End of fight. I think we should remove both of our post once you've read this.

Agreed, I was banned at dc emu cuz of favortism, so trash talkers SHOULD stay at dc emulation. I hate them board mods there.

speud
April 23rd, 2004, 02:48
omg, i think there are good reasons for your ban at dcemu.com, you have been warned several times and was continuously bashing projects or exiging things from authors.
also im not a mod here but clessy and you are in good ways for a ban here (too).

Clessy
April 23rd, 2004, 03:07
I have a active user name at dcemu wtf are you talking about?

And my ban is because Kron is a lil back stabbing bitch who used a private conversation between me and him to get me banned. So stfu if you dont know what your talking about.

On topic however I remember something else.
HugoDC havent heard a thing on it since the author said he was thinking about it.

speud
April 23rd, 2004, 03:12
Agreed, I was banned at dc emu cuz of favortism, so trash talkers SHOULD stay at dc emulation. I hate them board mods there.
now keep quiet keedy, avoid looking more stupid

WHurricane16
April 23rd, 2004, 03:21
Cless is at it again. *

Dude, it's not cool to not be cool. Must you make noise on every message board? Relax and enjoy yourself, no need to go off about nothing that will have any actual merit on your life. Push away from the computer desk sometime.

Clessy
April 23rd, 2004, 04:51
Cless is at it again. *

Dude, it's not cool to not be cool. *Must you make noise on every message board? *Relax and enjoy yourself, no need to go off about nothing that will have any actual merit on your life. *Push away from the computer desk sometime.
Serioulsy your being a hypocrtie you'd think you'd have just shut up by now. Go back to dcemulation if you wanna be a loser. Otherwise you could be more productive and stay on topic which you've set this whole topic off.

DCDayDreamer
April 23rd, 2004, 12:13
Clessy, you started off contributing to the site and the topic with this:

SaturnCast < Claimed they had Nights runing at 30% with no graphical glithces, which would of be extremly hard to do at the time seeing as how the pc versions of the emulators where no where close to even runing nights.

NeoCastCD < That one thing that had a picture spoof showing neogeocd runing

Then you go and do this:

Ohh and personally I think Atani is a big ass f**king liar who never even got anywhere on those projects and should be f**king killed.

Then your last post says this:

Serioulsy your being a hypocrtie you'd think you'd have just shut up by now. Go back to dcemulation if you wanna be a loser. Otherwise you could be more productive and stay on topic which you've set this whole topic off.

I'm afraid your little statement about Atani set the topic completely off course, saying things like that will only get people's backs up no matter what forum or what site you're on.
Why not just stick to contributing like the beginning of your first post and all the visitors will have something interesting to read and they'll more than likely take notice of what you have to say.

DemoniusX
April 23rd, 2004, 20:46
now keep quiet keedy, avoid looking more stupid
you need to stop being a moron. I was banned on DC emu because of FAVORTISM don't turn this
around, you might as well call the site PSemu because it is suppose to be a DC appreciation
site but people twisted to be part of sony horrid feces. The only coders that aren't buttholes
and nice guys are Ian Micheal and Black Aura, most of the coders think they are so badass
because they dev and others can't. A person who doesn't like a project CAN voice their opinon
on it like DC generator, IT SUX! there see, it is only human opinion. it is normal for people
to stick up for themselves. You also don't need to stick up for other coders ok, if they are
too much of cowards to stick up for themselves but can dev, they GOT LOTS OF GROWING UP TO
DO! yes I am immature I am 21 to be 22 tomorrow and I act like a teen and enjoy it. Video
games are my life style and look forward to finding a job in that area, my dream is to work
at nintendo of america. Like I said though you DC coders have these ego trips and just cuz
someone don't like a project is not a reason to put them down, not every body is going to
like homebrew or a half assed genesis emulator, people want more of what they can get and that
is why people whine, it is normal. I for one like only 25% of the homebrew available
the rest of it either needs to be improved or should just be thrown to the curb, I like
complete games, I am not the demo guy or the imcomplete guy. I like complete stuff and i
am not the only one, look at superman 64 (horrible game} that is so imcomplete they just
threw stuff together and hoping it succeeds......it didn't, that is what homebrew is kind of
like, people just throw in a made idea that has been done, makes it at least playable ( I
can give it} I like some homebrew dcblap,vectoroids,inhabitants,dc cirus and echos quest. games
like "bathunt' is in excusable, If I made the game I would not release it. ok I am off topic
here, but people are entitled to their own opinion, live with it or bottom line IGNORE IT.
if your mature enough to make something for the DC your mature enough to ignore bs comments
yes you will put me down, cuz that is how you are putting down someone who is right.

speud
April 23rd, 2004, 20:50
yes I am immature
at last you post something that makes sense.

miracleman
April 23rd, 2004, 22:06
i remember there was a developer release for the bbc micro a while back.....

Darksaviour69
April 23rd, 2004, 22:23
just to add to what DCDayDreamer said, flameing is not allow in this forum! That includes everyone. You can be banned for flameing. Now lets all get back on-topic ;D

Christuserloeser
April 23rd, 2004, 22:25
???

Clessy
April 23rd, 2004, 23:01
I wouldnt call this a emulator fake but, there was a company that was supposed to sell BBA's for DC awhile go and never didn. NSCX never refunded any of there orders and i've never order from them since.

Skyhawk
April 23rd, 2004, 23:20
I think we should remove both of our post once you've read this.
Nah... it shows everyone how stupid you are.

LyonHrt
April 23rd, 2004, 23:46
Ok gentlemen, thats enough (even you skyhawk), if staff flame, then they're posistion will be compromised (demoted), if any member here does so, then disciplinary action will be taken (from temp to perminant ban)

There is no need for flaming, you can still get your point across without using a agressive language.

Back on topic, kinda..
How much did you pay for that BBA then, they were never cheap (should of payed you back, or you could of reported them).

Kamjin
April 24th, 2004, 00:33
Sorry to shift the topic again.. but that post struck a cord..

Demonious.. firstly You have a right to critisize.. if you don't like
a game, emulator.. you can state it. I personnaly don't like
BOR,but I don't think the guy who codded it is a #$^$# or a ##$$#
I think it's an excellent bit of code.. looks sharp..
but I can't play fighting games.. they bore me..
you have to learn to just to place a buffer between the brain
and the mouth.. you wouldn't have started a war if you just said
it with class.. IE.. this programm sux.. because it's not nearly
finished, and was released to early.. and never updated..
You've never met these guys.. don't go flaming them.. or at least
flame them to their faces..
Another note it's not that easy to actually make even a POS game..
Artwork,and music is incredibly hard to produce.. a descent story line
is also a nightmare in itself.. how about taking some of that
energy and giving suggestions on the stuff you don't like??

back to the sorta topic..
Clessy,
They have a phone number listed, that should be enought to get an address, and from there you can always file a civil suit, for a refund.
also if you paid by Credit card, you can always complain to them, and
see what they can do..

DCDayDreamer
April 24th, 2004, 01:43
Kamjin: I understand where you're coming from, there's lots of homebrew I don't like but I don't go flaming the coder, I try to be constructive with opinions. BOR bores me too - yes I'm not into fighting games that much but it's a great release for the Dreamcast and a lot can be done with the engine mods - I'm even playing with a mod myself. Now is that silly or what? someone's modding a game that they find boring? :P

Exactly what was this topic for again??? ??? ah yes - rumoured emulators!.

'Nightmare' - a Dreamcast emu: heard about this a long time ago but apparently turned out to be a virus or something, anyway didn't download it so I'm not sure.

Can we please keep on track now? :-*.

speud
April 24th, 2004, 02:11
of course you dont have to like every homebrew that has been made, but you definitely have to keep in mind its free and required a lot of work before insulting authors, thats all ill have to say on the subject.

about nightmare that was a virus indeed, but i heard there was also a real dc emulator with the same name that was being worked on lately.

Clessy
April 24th, 2004, 05:24
Ok gentlemen, thats enough (even you skyhawk), if staff flame, then they're posistion will be compromised (demoted), if any member here does so, then disciplinary action will be taken (from temp to perminant ban)

There is no need for flaming, you can still get your point across without using a agressive language.

Back on topic, kinda..
How much did you pay for that BBA then, they were never cheap (should of payed you back, or you could of reported them).
The pre orders where $50. They offered a $15 in store credit to anyone who preorder after it was canceled but it was 3 months to late.

Ian_micheal
April 24th, 2004, 11:01
Well neogeo cd *know is real.. *i never could understand fake emulators.

But people who complain all the time about some thing missing from projects etc. It does not make me do them faster in fact look at wonderswan. I reported that and have a new version. but I dont have to or need to release it..

Complaing about no sound or no saving is not my problem Donate to my site if you feel that strongly and ask me to have a look at it. That still will not force me to do any thing but at lest it , helps me pay my isp bill.

Clessy
April 24th, 2004, 15:31
Ian if you dont feel satisfaction out of completing a emu and making in perfect maybe your into coding for the wrong reason. I've never heard anyone who has a better version of something they've improved not want to release it. It just doesnt add up in my head.

Ian_micheal
April 24th, 2004, 19:26
Well Your, right In a lot of way's But, no coder ever does any thing, just to make people happy. Im happy with with What i have. What i release as well. It does add up it's called *Doing some thing for your self..

I could happly never release, nothing more that does not mean, i dont work on some thing, or have improved it.. With the people that *complain, there's not much point making updates and releasing them to it's perfect is there now Why cop all the complain for nothing just dont release it till your happy with it. When it's newbie proof and works with out bugs, i tend to release it. The Bor loader ,good example.. Got more use just now but, i released it the day bor came out.. I asked to improve it. Guess what People just dont care.. So im using the new bor loader while every one is using my old one. because there is no support or feeback via email.. Complaining is not feedback.

I do it for my self.. I never had to release neogeo cd to the public i could of kept it untill it's perfect. But I did let people enjoy beta testing and versions every few weeks with big steps in use and *compatabilty.

Any way.. Many people said it could never be done. V6 will be better Again with auto loading no pressing start or guessing when to swap. It can detect a neogeo cd now and load it as soon as you swap it. Speed is better lots of code changes and improments. In good time it will near perfect for the source code base it's based on.

As a porter you can improve or fix the bugs or problems that carry over with the pc code with out a lot of testing. That takes time buddy.

wraggster
April 24th, 2004, 23:46
im glad its back on topic :)

lets keep it clean ;)

WHurricane16
April 25th, 2004, 01:04
I still think he should be banned. *He will do it again. *If Cless would take the chance to read what I say I'm not trying to bash him, I'm just trying him to look at what he's doing for what it is: *non-cool. *Everytime I do, he gets angry instead of thinking. *He will do this over & over & over, probably best for everyone's sake is to just ban him now. *

If Cless can ever stop to think before he posts he probably could be a cool guy, but I've yet to see it.

Btw, I'll be in Raleigh June 24-26, Cless. *If you want to meet me don't go near the RBC on those days :P

Not trying to incite anything (I wasn't last time) I just wanted to throw that warning out there for everyone involved. Cless = be cool; DC Emu = take warning.

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 01:24
/me is watching all posts ;)

i wont let anyone drag the forums down mate.

Clessy
April 25th, 2004, 04:31
Ian I know how you feel. I remember when you first started coding and I use to talk to you alot. I mean everyone treated like shit for on reason. First you improved the WSC emu for PC and everyone said that was ****ing worthless as it wasnt from strach or some stupid bs like that. And I don't know who's worse to you other coders or the "fans". I sometimes wonder if its jealously they have of you. I mean you own the rights to the best Quake on DC, the only person ever to pull of the impossable NeoGeo CD, and tons of releases of high quality. You've done more for the scene as far as release amounts than anyone. And as always i'm always excited to know when you have news about WSC emulation. I own like 20 carts now. I'm starting to free like the Kron of WonderSwan Color.

wraggster
April 25th, 2004, 11:55
The NeoGeo CD emu is priceless in my opinion, i do like the mess ports like the intelevision emu etc.

Lets hope more come via MESS, nice to see unemulated systems on the Dreamcast.

souLLy
April 26th, 2004, 09:00
By the way Icarus IS real.
souLLy.

Clessy
April 26th, 2004, 12:44
I wont believe it untill i'm runing it.