PDA

View Full Version : Turrican Release 3 (Level 2 Demo) Released!

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 16:22
Arguru (http://psp3d.com/members/arguru.html) and PSP 3D have just released a new demo of Turrican PSP, homebrew clone of the popular Metroid/Turrican games. This project has been ongoing for some time now, but each release is looking drastically improved over the last. The latest version features a ton of new eye candy, from weather effects to new enemies and game animation sequences, and also has many updates to the level wrappers and boss systems. The game is a blast; look forward to a full release soon, and mad props to Arguru for all his hard work!

New features/fixes in Release 3 include:

- Weather effects system (map opcodes: r0 = no rain, r1 = rain, r2 = snow).
- Proper intro/title sequence.
- Proper game over sequence.
- Alien mini-spiders / Eggs (spider breed) enemies.
- "Walker" enemies.
- Big / small spike ball enemies.
- Boss system (only one boss defined 'storm gauntlet', map opcode : 'f0'). Don't use it yet.
- Level wraps nearly finished.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

PSPKOR
August 10th, 2006, 16:51
The last demo of this game was really good and i cant wait for the final version, I like the new and strange look to level 2. Hope the final one will have more than 2-3 levels though.

Spinach
August 10th, 2006, 16:53
Up............

vettacossx
August 10th, 2006, 16:53
sweeeeeet bob1919 told me this was on the way soon didnt i tell you guys ARGURU KINGof the CODERS!!!!!!!gr8 work psp3d your a wonderfull " sister site" for dcemu as a matter of fact its the only other psp site ill visit DAILEY!

D0N
August 10th, 2006, 17:20
Now you can mod even more vetta! :D Keep up the great work guys!

mr_nick666
August 10th, 2006, 18:46
This is such a professional homebrew I love it! :D (It keeps Vetta off the streets too which is good! ;) ). Im sooooo looking forward to seeing this homebrew when its completed! :p

vettacossx
August 10th, 2006, 21:11
lol....well SP is been super busy anyone want to be my new MOD POSTER! ....lol...ive been waiting for a while for him to get a sec to post up the SMW skins pack 3 and my new turrican mod HALF SONIC and HALF goku charicter ;) ....but ill get to work on this one real soon......if pspdemon ( bfellow modder here @ DCemu) does decide to finish linkens quest ive made a lil final fantasy mod of that 2 ;) ....hey nice to see you guys nick and dawd ;) how have you guys been??? im back with a vengence!!! ...;) lol

nightwinn
August 11th, 2006, 07:32
This is a bit off topic, but I thought it needed to be mentioned.

Vettacossx, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this to you, but you might want to alphabatise your sig. People use your sig to find your mods, and having them alphabatised by name and/or mod type might help even more than it does. Just a suggestion. Thanks for all you do for the scene.

And great job Arguru! This game is coming along quite nicely. The graphics are top quality.

mr_nick666
August 11th, 2006, 08:44
lol....well SP is been super busy anyone want to be my new MOD POSTER! ....lol...ive been waiting for a while for him to get a sec to post up the SMW skins pack 3 and my new turrican mod HALF SONIC and HALF goku charicter ;) ....but ill get to work on this one real soon......if pspdemon ( bfellow modder here @ DCemu) does decide to finish linkens quest ive made a lil final fantasy mod of that 2 ;) ....hey nice to see you guys nick and dawd ;) how have you guys been??? im back with a vengence!!! ...;) lol

Wondering where you'd got to! Its quiet when youre not releasing oodles of MODs! ;) Like the sound of the FF linkens quest :D Maybe (the same with Turrican) they'll redo the startup screens etc. with new names :confused: (i.e: instead of Turrican it says "Goku" when it loads :) )

*EDIT: Was just going through SP's Homebrew Utopia thread and read Vetta was quitting :( Read every post 'till I found you were staying on the MODs! ;) (Phew!)

D0N
August 11th, 2006, 09:40
....hey nice to see you guys nick and dawd ;) how have you guys been??? im back with a vengence!!! ...;) lol

Well im fine thanks...haven't seen you around in a while as well...how u been? lol And the sound of the FF mod sounds good..can't wait! :D

Hungry Horace
August 29th, 2006, 21:42
hmmm.... i finally got round to playing this after i've become somewhat addicted to the original Turrican on the Amiga.

alas, i have to be honest.... this PSP version looks lovely but doesnt handle anywhere near as nicely as the original.

i'm guessing handling has been made to feel more like the SNES version? (bad move imho) - as for gameplay feel / speed it seems more like Castlevania than it does like (Amiga) Turrican. :(

as i say though, visually fantastic, and the way it has ben made for modding is very clever. I question why the choice to use 8-bit mono WAV files for the sound though, when Sony's native Atrac format would be a lot more space efficient and higher quality?

Also, i wasnt overly impressed with the music, although the sound fx were very good.... this is a personal preference of course, but to my mind it's Turrican 2 on the amiga though that has the best music by far!

just my thoughts, but do keep developing! maybe one day you'll adapt the game to have the option to play in the different styles? not likely but it is worth an ask!

good luck

mr_nick666
August 30th, 2006, 08:52
Horace! You'll never love again! - The Amiga will always have your heart!! :p

HELP! - As Horace mentioned the music is 8-bit .wav .. Im trying to do a FULL mod (including music) with my next release (preview at the DJMNV link in my sig!) but I have a problem :( When I replace the music file with my new .wav it just seems to loop about 5 seconds worth :( Any ideas anyone??

Hungry Horace
August 30th, 2006, 12:37
Horace! You'll never love again! - The Amiga will always have your heart!! :p

nowt wrong with that!

HELP! - As Horace mentioned the music is 8-bit .wav .. Im trying to do a FULL mod (including music) with my next release (preview at the DJMNV link in my sig!) but I have a problem :( When I replace the music file with my new .wav it just seems to loop about 5 seconds worth :( Any ideas anyone??

check the bit rate AND sample rates are exactly the same, otherwise it might play the file but truncate it (sounds like what is happening)

you can always upload the source file (to be converted) for me and i'll have a look for you.
i hope your going to use that really cool music thats in the Aliens trailer..... its really creepy that!

1NOM155
August 5th, 2007, 00:50
doesn't work on fw 3.52 M33-2 :(

Safari Al
August 5th, 2007, 01:44
don't bump old threads!! It's really annoying! ask in the help section!!!!!!