PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Meltdown US ver.

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 17:27
New preorder from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24)

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-mercury-meltdown-L.jpg

Mercury Meltdown has been designed to build upon and enhance the unique experience offered by the first Mercury title. With new game modes, graphics and features, Mercury Meltdown will offer a variety of enhancements over the original title while remaining true to its highly successful core gameplay dynamics. Along with all new environments, adversaries, mini-games and multiplayer modes, Mercury Meltdown includes a completely redesigned game progression system and structure to make the game more accessible to players of all skill levels. Even the Blob has had an overhaul and can be used in a number of interesting ways. For Mercury Meltdown, it was important to build upon and enhance the successful gameplay of the first title. One of the more major changes was the Blob itself. By chaning its characteristics and properties, it meant that levels could now offer a whole new experience and challenge while still maintaining the core gameplay of the original title.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-mercury-meltdown-X2.jpg

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 18:09
has anyone noticed whats missing from the title?

archer maclean didnt have any input on this one...
for better or worse though?

wilbur
August 10th, 2006, 19:27
I got the original of this game and it rocked.

didn't really agree with all the harsh criticism and thought it was a simple joy to play.

looking forward to getting this one too, provided they haven't cocked it all up.

MaxSMoke
August 10th, 2006, 20:30
I totally disagree, the original Mercury was UNPLAYABLE!

I've never played such a difficult and unforgiving game. Most games at least ramp up the difficulty over time, but this game jumps from interesting to impossible by about the 3rd or 4th level. And to make matters worse, it's heavily depends on the very wonky PSP analog stick. Well some games have done very well in programming around the PSPS's analog stick "Dead Zone", this game ignores it the problem completely. The game field rapidly jumps from tiny movements to huge ones with just a millimeter of movement, with no in-between. The jumpy controls and unforgiving puzzles make this game unplayable to all but the most die-hard twitch game fans. It's not a puzzle game, so much as a brutal test of your patience and timing. It's certainly one of the worst games I've ever bought for the system.

The only reason I can see that they made a sequel was because of all of the people like me that got suckered into buying the first one. After all, since you can't return a video game, no matter how bad it is, a sale is a sale. But I certainly won't be making this mistake again. I predict this release of Mercury to be a HUGE FLOP. Sucker me once, shame on them. Sucker me twice, shame on me.

Pelnied
August 11th, 2006, 01:10
dude the first was pretty goodbut i sold it now i only have like 3 psp games cause i was trying to get a ds lite and sold like 12 games im probably not going to get this one becuase i might just sell my 2.71 psp becuase homebrew is the only good thing really

Cloud_35
August 11th, 2006, 04:31
The first one was BORING to hell

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 04:49
Looks wose then the first.

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 06:25
it does...:(

Accordion
August 11th, 2006, 15:10
i dont agree with the graphics style...