PDA

View Full Version : DSFTP 1.0 Released

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 18:19
bjoerngiesler (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10750&sid=e3f07b2087b6e06b3ac5ceaee8961972) posted this news:

Hi everyone,

I've put the initial release of DSFTP, my FTP server for the DS, up for download. It has following features/limitations:

Full-fledged FTP server, configurable by settings file
Additional BOOT command (works only on Supercard CF so far)
Only one simultaneous client connection
Passive FTP only
Rather slow RECV speed

You can download DSFTP and a PDF file containing the nitty-gritty at ftp://www.giesler.biz, using login anonymous and your email. Please, make that a valid email, so I can contact you in case anything goes wrong. I promise not to sell it to the Nigerians.

And yes, DSFTP is hosting itself (as a test phase), so please treat it gently and enjoy the slow trickle of the bytes.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Junixx
August 10th, 2006, 18:43
Setting it up now...

:Edit:

Ok i got it working, it is pretty nice, it is a tad slow as said in the description, but hopefully that can be cleaned up :D

Overall its pretty goodm havent really found a use for it yet, besides trasferring homebrew over to it so i wont have to take my CF card out, but hopefully i will think up another use....

Conscript
August 10th, 2006, 20:11
Doesnt work for me: "Config file /data/settings/ftp.conf not found" allthough i did create the file in that path according to the readme :(

Using sc sd.

odebuzzard
August 11th, 2006, 00:44
Doesnt work for me: "Config file /data/settings/ftp.conf not found" allthough i did create the file in that path according to the readme :(

Using sc sd.

I get the same msg using a supercard mini sd

MasterMan
August 11th, 2006, 03:59
Setting it up now...

:Edit:

Ok i got it working, it is pretty nice, it is a tad slow as said in the description, but hopefully that can be cleaned up :D

Overall its pretty goodm havent really found a use for it yet, besides trasferring homebrew over to it so i wont have to take my CF card out, but hopefully i will think up another use....
My CF reader is broken and i'm waiting a new one over 2 months now.
If i had a wi-fi and DSFTP before, i didn't waste money on a new reader plus shipment =]

Junixx
August 11th, 2006, 04:18
My CF reader is broken and i'm waiting a new one over 2 months now.
If i had a wi-fi and DSFTP before, i didn't waste money on a new reader plus shipment =]

Hah i theres a good reason, i gotta give up my CF card reader here soon so im glad this came out, its good for transfering homebrew games / apps but not for large videos or lots of music