PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racer 2 Mini Game Revealed

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 18:33
News from IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/724/724756p1.html)

The first bit of gameplay that greeted many who purchased a PSP at launch was Namco's classic Rally X arcade title. In typical style, Namco used one of its old school arcade games to give players something to do during the initial load periods that started off the Ridge Racers experience.

Ridge Racers 2 will also see a classic arcade game for its load screen. This time, Namco (well, Bandai Namco Games, as it's now known) has given the honors to New Rally X, which achieved popularity in the arcades and on the Famicom probably before you were born.

The latest issue of Famitsu provides a few additional details besides this. Ridge Racers 2 will see a number of cars, including the Pac-Man vehicle and, from the Xbox 360 Ridge Racer 6, Digdug Hijack. You won't be able to ride Reiko Nagase, but she'll be back as spokesperson, appearing in the CG introduction.

The game will also feature new racing modes. In survival mode, you race around a track as trailing players are forced out of the race. The last one remaining wins. Duel mode is a one on one race -- that's right, just you and a second car, facing off on the tracks.

Ridge Racers 2 is set for Japanese release on 9/14. That's just over a month away, so if you're into import gaming, start practicing with the original.

Screenshots at the link above

Apoklepz
August 10th, 2006, 18:45
Yeah, the Devil(Ridge racer) and Angel(Ridge Racer Revolution) vehicles are in there as well...so far as the screenshots in other websites have shown....

I own every PSX Ridge Racer game that was ever made(even though I much preffer the Gran Turismo series), I'll probably give this a rent considering it won't offer too much of a novelty besides retouched graphics and maybe some new cars and music....New Rally X huh...I'd much more preffer Dig Dug, Galaga or Pac Man...but who really cares about a silly minigame.

Physicist
August 10th, 2006, 20:10
ridge racer just doesnt have the feel of an actual "racing" game. whats with the rediculous drifting thing u have to do around every corner? you never need to brake. it could have been a good game, looks pretty decent, they just blew it trying to make it feel like some 3rd rate 'Need for Speed'. Im guessing this next release will not be much better.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 20:18
its not made to be a racing simulator, but more of a arcade game. some people like it, some people don't...

XedLos
August 10th, 2006, 22:22
I just hope they do somthing about when ever you hit a wall driving along it you kinda rebound off of it. i hate it

It would be better if u would grind allong the edge of the gard rails just like in Burnout legends

RvLeshrac
August 11th, 2006, 09:53
Am I seriously the only person to notice "You won't be able to ride Reiko Nagase"?

Who at IGN greenlit THAT?

Baboon
August 11th, 2006, 10:02
Ridgeracer was quite a cool game (in an sort of arcade-stylee way), so the sequel should be quite good.

The only car game I’m interested in though on the PSP is Gran Turismo... but when the hell is that coming out??

ElRazur
August 11th, 2006, 15:09
RR on psp is marvellous and i cant wait for the sequel to come out

For those of you moaning about the style of gameplay, suck it man - It is an Arcade game not simulation.