PDA

View Full Version : Emulators in Dreamcast Games?

wraggster
April 11th, 2004, 22:27
We all know that the Sega Smash Pack contains a Genesis/Megadrive Emulator but what other games do contain emulators?

I heard that Shemue/Shenmue 2 contained an emulator, but what about Midways Arcade Greatest Hits

Theres others but i cant remember them at this time.

Skyhawk
April 11th, 2004, 23:43
Namco Museum (http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/action/namcomuseum/review.html) certainly must use an arcade emulator. You can even set the dipswitches in the settings. I was suprised by the quality and the looks of this emulator.

wraggster
April 11th, 2004, 23:53
Theres another one but i cant remember the name a sega compilation with 5 games in that was released in japan, still cant remember the game though

wraggster
April 11th, 2004, 23:55
Yu Suzukis Gameworks was the game :)

and im sure an emu was used on it.

Christuserloeser
April 12th, 2004, 01:44
sounds interesting - what games where used with it?

does anyone knows about an other release that used SegaGen?

I could imagine that the original programers of SegaGen as mentioned in the Smash Pack credits wanted to do a Phantasy Star Collection or something because PS2-4 are the only games on which sound is okay with SegaGen. PS1 was also released for MD/Genesis back then.

I own it *8)
EDIT: I own the MD version of PS1 -NOT- a PS Collection for DC ;)

Hawq
April 12th, 2004, 12:32
Afterburner II
Hang On
Outrun
Power Drift
Space Harrier
Were the games on the Yu Suzuki Gameworks disc and very nice it is as well, the official one even came with a book about them

wraggster
April 12th, 2004, 20:41
IM sure the Segagen emu and a pc engine emu were on the Japanese Dream passport disc where you could pay to download roms to play on the emulators.

Powerdrift was my fave game for many years :)

Clessy
April 13th, 2004, 15:55
It still piss's me off how no one ever ripped the PC engine emu from that disk.

Mekanaizer
April 13th, 2004, 18:01
Hi!

I prefer that 'people' program it (open-source)

-Mekanaizer-

Styrofoam
April 13th, 2004, 18:02
... I heard that Shemue/Shenmue 2 contained an emulator ...

True, there's some sort of arcade emu in Shenmue. I haven't played it myself, but I've sen the gf play Hang On. The great thing was that she actually sat on the motorcycle known from the arcades.

Christuserloeser
April 17th, 2004, 15:50
It still piss's me off how no one ever ripped the PC engine emu from that disk.

WTF!? There was an emulator for PCE for DC by SEGA itself!?
Why it hasn't been ripped?

Where can I get that DP disc!?
Plz give us some more details about this...

wraggster
April 17th, 2004, 16:05
Well it goes along the lines of Segagen, so we will do best to keep away from it, but ill tell you about it.

Back in 91 i was sent a disc with a Genesis emu (not segagen but maybe a better version) and also a pc engine on, now the pc engine didnt work or so the person who sent me the disc said, well about 4 months on from that i was chatting to one of the scenes best coders and he told me that he had played the pc engine emu but it was only good for small games under a certain size.

so there you have it :)

Ian_micheal
April 18th, 2004, 13:30
91? I have it as well it does work But not really much better then dreamengine. I perfer it any way.

91? dreamcast was not even about. Must be a typo.

LyonHrt
April 18th, 2004, 14:07
lol must mean 01 :P But yeah i remember it as well.

wraggster
April 18th, 2004, 16:29
lol :P

i meant 2001 :P