PDA

View Full Version : Earthworm Jim Hands-on

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 18:46
Heres an excerpt of a preview of the new Earthworm Jim game for the PSP:

Take the main character, for instance. He's a worm in a spacesuit. Not only is the concept funny, but it also lets you have an assortment of cool moves and game mechanics. Speaking of moves, fans will love the fact many of Jim's old abilities make a return. You can still use your entire body as a whip to attack enemies, or even as a hook to swing through the environment. You still get a rapid-fire blaster pistol to smoke villains, too, and it looks every bit as cool as it used to. That's not to say you won't find anything new, though.

In fact, there's plenty. Sadly, much of it didn't make it in time for Atari's show. The current build has about half the development cycle left to go, so there's plenty of optimization and finalization left to do. On top of that, the team has yet to finish the list of moves and upgrades available. Now, on to the facts: Jim will acquire different parts of his suit throughout the game, including gloves, boots and the main armor. You can then enhance these pieces through upgrades scattered about the game's eight stages.

Full Article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/724/724720p1.html)

mr_nick666
August 10th, 2006, 18:49
Sounds really promising.. :rolleyes: I still play the originals via emulation :D

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 23:17
Whoa! I was just banned 1 minute ago. Now I can post? Thank you to whoever lifted my ban.

I looove these remakes for the PSP. Mega Man, Worms, Lemmings, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Bomberman, etc. etc. Keep em coming.

Voltron lives!!!

mr_nick666
August 11th, 2006, 09:00
Whoa! I was just banned 1 minute ago. Now I can post? Thank you to whoever lifted my ban.

I looove these remakes for the PSP. Mega Man, Worms, Lemmings, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Bomberman, etc. etc. Keep em coming.

Voltron lives!!!

The Gods smile upon you it seems! :rolleyes: I tend to agree with your opinions so its a bit of a loss when you're not around! ;)

Voltron
August 11th, 2006, 09:12
Thanks man!!!

Although this is just a web forum, a lot of people are very active participants and it means a lot when others have your back.