PDA

View Full Version : DS-X Flash Cart Announced

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 19:35
Looks like Team Xodus of Xbox Modchip fame have moved into the Nintendo DS Flash Cart market with the announcement of a new flash cart called DS-X (http://www.ds-x.com/).

Heres the press release

Our ingenious team are delighted to unveil what can only be regarded as the finest example of innovation and quality to grace the DS enthusiast scene. The DS-X (DS Extreme) is a flash cart like no other, just one bespoke single regular DS cart sized device with an exquisitely crafted design opening up an array of possibility on your DS or DS Lite console as never seen before.

Right out of the box the DS-X offers un-paralleled functionality, possessing 4Gbit (512 Mbyte) of memory space, a high speed USB 2.0 in-built connection and a full sized onboard EEprom complete with some serious custom engineering, all of which is enclosed in a specially tailor made durable DS cartridge case. No PC software required, No external memory, No Passme or GBA cart needed, just drag and drop your favourite DS media or homebrew files 'til your heart is content, navigating through them with our savvy custom operating system featured onboard the DS-X – it just couldn't be simpler!

Stay tuned for more information and release date (which is soon), but for now head on over to www.ds-x.com and check out our flash based video trailer.

DS-X Team

Screens Via Comments

Quay Cur
August 10th, 2006, 20:11
their site is hilarious. this thing gets my interest over the DSLink because of the drag and drop thing (i have a mac). still no info about gba compatibility on either. Though this one says that you don't need a passme or to flash it, which is cool.

I emailed them about the gba thing and if i get a real answer i'll post it

kayhanbakid
August 10th, 2006, 21:37
it looks pretty cool. i'm waiting for something with better gba compatibility. my supercard minisd sucks for it. and a lot of homebrew doesn't work on it either. but if this is reasonably priced i'd consider switching.

the ds is so complicated compared to the psp for homebrew.

dcxbox
August 10th, 2006, 21:37
seems lame with so little memory. now if thats for game saves and stuff., and i can use some sort of micro flash media in the cart(like ds link has) then cool

backhair
August 10th, 2006, 21:56
i might as well just hand these guys my wallet right now.

AltDas
August 10th, 2006, 22:47
If it cost about $50 I will get it.

When is it coming out?

CampaKaze
August 11th, 2006, 01:35
Wow if its easy to use, i mite as well buy 2! lol unless they make ones with more then 512mb

dcxbox
August 11th, 2006, 02:00
ya, if it was only 2 GB or more i'd buy one in a heart beat

GBAJAY
August 11th, 2006, 07:34
meh no sdmicro support, Id pass on this one

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 07:40
Now this sucks have been waiting for ds link never came out so i just bought a super card lite and a ninjapass and now this comes out go figure

superbeef
August 11th, 2006, 14:30
Team Xodus's chips are amazing, so I can only assume this will be sweet also.