PDA

View Full Version : 3DS to have higher game prices - Pachter

wraggster
July 26th, 2010, 21:05
The Nintendo 3DS could see higher game prices than its predecessor, reckons industry analyst Michael Pachter.

According to the Wedbush man, the new handheld is "revolutionary" enough to justify larger price tags - and it'll still sell with them.

"We view the 3DS as a revolutionary device, and expect its launch to spur hardware and software sales," Pachter said today.

"Due to the unique 3DS experience previewed by Nintendo at E3 this year, we believe Nintendo will be able to sell millions of units even at a price of upwards of $250."

"From a software perspective, we believe Nintendo will be able to increase DS software prices, from a blended average of around $25 today to over $29 next year."

Speaking to CVG last month, the analyst predicted that Nintendo would quickly sell ten million 3DS consoles at "any price below $300," suggesting that it's certainly not under pressure to put an attractive RRP on the device.

"The 3DS was SO much better than I ever imagined, it has to be the hit of the [E3] show," Pachter said. "I think that they can sell out the first 10 million at any price below $300, and think that the experience is well worth a price that high."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=257175

Krisando
July 26th, 2010, 23:56
Mind my lanuage.. But this guy is a total and utter "arse" "whole".

Above $250us?? The dsi XL is $189us -> 259.52nz

The dsi (not XL) here is $500-550nz, that. We pay double than the console is worth.. converted. Game prices are already too high, and the quality is rather low.

Another reason to not want this over hyped piece of hardware. (A tablet is cheaper and can run a PC OS) >_>

gamev8
July 27th, 2010, 10:19
I can't(and probably don't) speak for the rest of gamerdom but I'm just about fed up with "revolutionary".
I just want good games again.