PDA

View Full Version : Metal Slug compiled for PSP

wraggster
August 11th, 2006, 15:15
Via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66628)

SNK Playmore's Metal Slug Anthology for PSP will be arriving at European shops on October 27th, UK publisher Ignition and distributor Atari revealed this week.

The compilation consists of Metal Slugs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and X, and allows you to play in either widescreen or the original screen format.

There will be two-player wireless options for co-operative multiplay, along with some measure of exclusive content, although nobody's said what just yet.

You can get your hands (well, eyes) on some screenshots of the Anthology elsewhere at the site.

Originally announced during E3, Metal Slug Anthology is also being pieced together for Nintendo Wii. That version will include the most recent arcade game (absent from the PSP version) and will take advantage of the Wii's unique control options.

M-Lin
August 11th, 2006, 15:37
can't wait (unless you have to upgrade!) - if I do then I'll stick with NJ's great work!

Baboon
August 11th, 2006, 15:41
I've allways liked the Metal Slug games, there a nice bit of 2D blasting action (apart from that awful looking new game for PS2 thats in 3D).

The best thing about this release is the multiplayer option. To be honest though I'm happy with the Metal Slug games I already own on PSP. :) ...If only NJ could sort out 2player options on his emulators, Metal Slug on CDZ and NGE would be brilliant.

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 16:04
WOW all of them in one package!!! Sweet!!!

Jmax
August 11th, 2006, 16:09
Cool, cant wait for this.

mr_nick666
August 11th, 2006, 18:23
WOW all of them in one package!!! Sweet!!!

/\ /\ Just what I was thinking! :rolleyes:

Solidus Snake
August 11th, 2006, 18:46
Yes, by loved game Metal slug for my little nice psp:D :o :D

Gene
August 11th, 2006, 19:24
sounds great, but how much will it cost?

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 19:27
sounds great, but how much will it cost?

Yeah I'm hoping it will be on the $29.99 US side. Also hope it does not require firmware 2.8 O.o

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 19:29
even if it requires 2.8, we'll figure out how to run it ;)
great game! :D

pkmaximum
August 11th, 2006, 21:26
I also have a fear of this requiring firmware 2.8, and now with our man Booster not reporting back to us any more I fear there not being any more dev hook updates =[

I guess we will use NEO GEO CD, and NEO GEO for the mean time though since we can just about run all the metal slugs, its just too bad we can't have wifi.

jimmi
August 11th, 2006, 21:35
MISSION START

wow this would b great!!! 2.80... plz dnt b ...

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

:cool:

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 21:54
MISSION START

wow this would b great!!! 2.80... plz dnt b ...

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

:cool:

LOL

Voltron
August 12th, 2006, 00:31
This would indeed be a great compilation. We can only play 1 & 2 by means of homebrew as it stands now. So having all of the Metal Slugs in this compilation 100% playable will certainly be a value.

I'm still undecided about the Sega compilation, but this type of Metal Slug compilation is definitely what the PSP could use more of.

CeramicMonkey
August 15th, 2006, 22:23
You know, i always wondered, was metal slug advance a remake of an old one? and if so which one?