PDA

View Full Version : Re: Neo N64 Menu

JLF65
July 30th, 2010, 02:41
If you were one of those to get a Neo N64 Myth flash cart from NeoFlash and have been waiting for a menu so you can run multiple roms from the flash, or from an SD card (if you also have a Neo2-SD or Neo2-Pro), you're in luck! The menu is now available!

You can select from as many roms as will fit in the flash, or roms up to 16 MBytes from SD card via the Neo2-SD, or roms up to 32 MBytes from SD card via the Neo2-Pro.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6224.0.html

wraggster
July 30th, 2010, 15:05
great, was a bit of a downer only being able to fit 2 roms on the card, pity my 8gb sdhc card wont be read by my sd adapter, im sure its a driver issue but cant find any drivers to fix it

JLF65
July 30th, 2010, 18:29
great, was a bit of a downer only being able to fit 2 roms on the card, pity my 8gb sdhc card wont be read by my sd adapter, im sure its a driver issue but cant find any drivers to fix it

You have an SDHC card that doesn't work? What brand is it? I have only run into one card that doesn't work with any of the Myth carts, and it's not SDHC but an old SD card with 150X "turbo". If it works on the MD Myth but not the N64 Myth, try hitting START a couple more times. There was an issue with a couple cards and the menu where they sometimes didn't show the first time you switched to the SD card browser. They did show the second time you switched to it.

Be sure to report any issues! Thanks in advance. :D

Guess you'll have to update your review now, huh. ;) :)

marzsyndrome
July 30th, 2010, 19:36
Have the flash carts gone down in price yet? I still have an N64 this could be handy for but I feel it's too dear to run the risk with atm, particularly as I'm mostly interested in seeing how ScummVM performs on the console, and that doesn't want to work under any emulator I've tried.

JLF65
July 30th, 2010, 20:44
Funny you mention it, because scummvm was one of the things I tested with the menu. It actually runs pretty good on the N64. I was running Amazon Queen, and it was like running it in DOS back when it came out.

But no, the cart is still pretty pricey, especially when you add a Neo2-Pro. You really need one so you can run roms from an SD card. That adds another $90. The markups by ic2005 are REALLY steep! Some other retailer needs to pick up the NeoFlash line - the wholesale prices are usually fairly good, which is why you see people sometimes trying to organize a group purchase.