PDA

View Full Version : USA Hardware and Games Sales for July

wraggster
August 11th, 2006, 17:07
Via Next gen (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3616&Itemid=2)

Hardware sales and games sales stats for the month of July have been released by NPD, with Xbox 360 releases faring well and NCAA Football selling a million copies.
On the hardware side, DS sold 377,000 units for the month followed by PS2 with 240,000. Xbox 360 sold just over 200,000 units. PSP sold 160,000.

The top selling games, by dollars, was dominated by Electronic Arts' NCAA Football, taking the top spot (PS2) as well as numbers two and four for Xbox 360 and Xbox.

Chromehounds from Sega, Prey from Take 2 and EA's LOTR game did well on Xbox 360, all making the top ten. Eight games in the top 20 were Xbox 360.

Across all formats NCAA managed just shy of 1 million units while Cars came in at 420,000 copies. Prey on Xbox 360 sold just over 130,000 copies.

1. NCAA Football 07 (PS2)
2. NCAA Football 07 (Xbox 360)
3. New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
4. NCAA Football 07 (Xbox)
5. Chromehounds (Xbox 360)
6. Battle for Middle Earth II (Xbox 360)
7. Prey (Xbox 360)
8. Guitar Hero bundle (PS2)
9. Cars - (PS2)
10. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (PS2)
11. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PS2)
12. Cars (GBA)
13. 2006 FIFA World Cup (PS2)
14. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
15. 2006 FIFA World Cup (Xbox 360)
16. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Xbox 360)
17. Cars (GameCube)
18. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day (DS)
19. NFL Head Coach (PS2)
20. Fight Night Round 3 (Xbox 360)

The DS Lite again makes a ton of money for Nintendo

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 17:19
wow, the NCAA Football 07 is selling more for ps2 than xbox 360 :rolleyes:

Hevyduty
August 11th, 2006, 18:40
It's good to see Guitar Hero still in the top ten literally nine months after it's release.

The 360 is doing a good job selling software. Problem is, the hardware numbers aren't good. It's hard to get a 10 million console head start on the PS3 when at the current pace it'll take 5 months just to sell another million consoles.

But I think the big problem for the 360 is that they're really just catering to the Halo crowd with the games so far. Most of the system's exclusives are dark, violent action games (Dead Rising, Prey, etc.). That's fine, and those games will go ever well with the hardcore gamer audience the 360 caters to, but it'll be hard to expand the 360s audience that way.

At this rate, I don't see the 360 doing much better than the original XBox in terms of total console sales. They're using the same strategy as last time (appeal to hardcore gamers), and when you use the same strategy, you can expect the same results.

10shu
August 11th, 2006, 18:44
wow, the NCAA Football 07 is selling more for ps2 than xbox 360 :rolleyes:

well that s kind of logical...isn t it? :)

there million of ps2 gamer outhere...

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 18:48
ya, its just people are bragging "oh ya the 360 is like NEXT GEN" and stuff, and then they get served by ps2 owners :)

Voltron
August 11th, 2006, 19:02
ha ha. I've have a 360 but NO games for it yet.

Why the hell isn't there any PSP games in that list? Surely the CARS game is much better on PSP than it is for the GBA. But then again Cars is a kids movie and more kids have GBA's instead of PSP's.

I can't believe Tekken, Valkyrie Profile, etc. did not make it in the list. I hope this is not a continued trend and the PSP pulls through next month when tons of great games will be released.

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 19:03
Voltron, what do you do with your XBox 360 with no games?

Voltron
August 11th, 2006, 19:21
Voltron, what do you do with your XBox 360 with no games?

Just playing Halo 2. My Girlfriend is hooked on Halo 2. Can anyone recommend any REALLY GOOD XBOX 360 games?

I haven't had much free time lately for gaming at home so I've been mainly using my PSP for gaming and I will soon be getting a DS Lite.

Come Winter I will spend more time with the "next gen" consoles.

dtothabreezy
August 11th, 2006, 21:30
good shoter prey its awsome but ide rent it unless you really like the online i play ncaa all day untill i got to go to practice so yea that games good battle for middel earth is awsome yet i actually play some demo more than my games like saints row if you rent ncaa hit me up on live i just noticed i have had my 360 ever since its came out and have bought 4games and i still play it likr crazy hmm demos rock!:cool:

r2works
August 12th, 2006, 00:03
Cars, Guns, and Sports

thats America for you :rolleyes:

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 00:05
thats like every country in the WORLD :rolleyes:

r2works
August 12th, 2006, 01:47
not everyone around the world plays halo-like games and NCAA football sports games, especially not Japan.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 12th, 2006, 04:41
NCAA Football dominates July.

Madden dominates August.

rokobungi
August 12th, 2006, 05:25
Voltron, does this mean you didn't buy geometry wars??

oh and make sure you try dead rising out.. I don't usually like that type of game but for some reason I like pounding zombies with big stuffed bears and throwing cd's at them.

Voltron
August 12th, 2006, 05:37
Voltron, does this mean you didn't buy geometry wars??

oh and make sure you try dead rising out.. I don't usually like that type of game but for some reason I like pounding zombies with big stuffed bears and throwing cd's at them.

Nope, don't have geometry wars... Thanks for pointing out those games though. And PREY was mentioned earlier and that looks like a really sweet game.

But I can tell you that the 1st game I get will likely be The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That game looks massive. One of those games that you could probably spend months on and still have plenty to do.

And soon we have PS3 & Wii coming out..... uhhh. Why do we have to have social lives and responsibilities? LOL

Gaming is starting to get addicting with all of the great stuff available nowadays.