PDA

View Full Version : Car & Driver - August 2006

wraggster
August 11th, 2006, 20:55
Prooz have released a new PSP Magazine aimed at those Car Lovers amongst us, heres the details:

Comparison Test Review: 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2006 Ferrari F430 vs. 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo - Comparison Tests. The arrival of a new Porsche 911 Turbo is an event that’s as significant and riveting for car enthusiasts as the winner of American Idol seems to be for the majority of adult Americans. The Turbo is important because it has resided at the pinnacle of the 911 line since it first went on sale in the U.S. in 1976 and has thus been a perennial contender for the title of best darned sports car on the planet.

Download Here (http://www.perooz.com/v1.0/?p=101)

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 21:20
Car & Driver is soooooooo damn biased.

I mean the Vette shoulda come in at least second? It's lighter and just as fast as the porche, it's handling is better then BOTH the Ferrari and Porche and it's only 1/2 the price of the new porche and 1/3 the price of that Ferrari!!!

So what if the interrior is made of plastic??? WTHell is the interrior of the Porche made of Gold laced kevlar??? Is the Ferrari's dash made of Titanium composite??? No!!! They both use plastic just like the vette.

This article really kinda makes me made, it's like a lighter PSP that run homebrew faster, but still get's third because the buttons are plastic instead of metal.

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 23:00
Actually they use carbon fiber witch is almost 60% lighter and 200% stronger and more resistants to cold and heat. And as far as handling a real life porche or Ferrari is a million times better handling but then again i only drive a 911 carrera not a Ferrari.

QueadlunnRau
August 14th, 2006, 17:28
Aww yes, IC a Carbon Fiber interior is pretty nice.

Guess that Carbon Fiber really would make the $130k+ USD More then the faster Corvette worth every penny. O.o