PDA

View Full Version : DS-Xtreme - Preorders Being Taken for the New DS Flash Cart

wraggster
August 12th, 2006, 10:53
News from Divineo USA (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=)

For those of you who haven't read the news lately, DS-Xtreme (4Gb version) is a revolution in Nintendo DS/DS lite development world.
It requires nothing else than itself, and does what other devices do, plus much more, without any passkey/passcard or GBA cart etc. The reference on Nintendo DS/DS Lite

Heres more details:

http://www.divineo.com/divineo/images/products/dd-ds-dsxt4.jpg

The DS-X (DS-Xtreme) is a revolutionary storage, homebrew and media player flash cart compatible with all DS Lite and original DS consoles.

Offering a SINGLE unified solution which allows you to do the unthinkable and push the limits of Nintendo’s ™ top selling handheld console. The DS-X does NOT require the use of a passme, external memory or any unsightly GBA cart, just one intelligently designed piece of kit, the same size as an ordinary DS cart, giving an unrivalled experience to any DS enthusiast.

Its plug and play in its finest hour, an in-built USB port on the DS-X paves the way for you to communicate easily between the DS-X OS and your computer. Drag ‘n drop all your favourite media and homebrew as you please directly onto the included 4GBit (512-Mbyte) memory with minimal effort as the DS-X will be instantly recognized by your machine.

Xtreme Functionality – One device, Limitless Opportunity:

- One single unified device, no need for GBA Cart, external memory or passme/flashme
- Functions as a flash cart, compatible with homebrew, media and other image files
- Plug ‘n Play, no PC software required allowing for some seriously sweet Drag ‘n Drop file transfer
- Intuitively designed custom operating system which is fully upgradeable
- Included 4GBit (512Mbyte) onboard flash memory
- Bespoke hardware design compatible with all current and future DS consoles, same size as original DS cartridge – does NOT stick out!
- Custom engineered components such as a High-Speed USB 2.0 mini-B connector and full sized EEPROM.

Preorder DS-Xtreme Here (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=dd-ds-dsxt4)

Also Preorders being taken at Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=nds-dsxt4)

CampaKaze
August 12th, 2006, 14:27
$140 Canadian?? Holy crap that sucks... but it does look good, i just wish it came with 1 GB and then id be sold

Quay Cur
August 12th, 2006, 14:57
have they given any word on if it'll do GBA games yet? Or how much power it uses?

CU570M
August 12th, 2006, 16:18
i think being 4gb its not a bad price at all. i mean if you bought the passme, and a supercard lite, or other card that supports miniSD cards, it would be a whole hell of a lot more expensive. but i would be looking for something this big to load multiple games or apps on to. About what Quay Cur said though, i am also wondering about power consumption.

and what about all the gba games. there will need to be an emulator written for the nds so it will be able to run gba games. maybe if there was one though the games would fill up the screen.

Xcliber
August 12th, 2006, 16:20
Is it nessesarily 'better' than any other flash card?
I have a supercard lite on the way. it doesn't 'stick out' and I have a passcard that doesn't 'stick out'.
and the supercard lite's memory is expandable (i.e. get a bigger sd micro card) Im sure they will have sd micro in larger than 2Gigabyte soon.

and will this new flashcart support .nes .gg .sms .gb .gba etc.... without any extra software?

just myt 2cents.

(or maybe im just made that i went out and got the supercard lite just 2 days before i found out about this.....) :(

CU570M
August 12th, 2006, 16:24
Is it nessesarily 'better' than any other flash card?
I have a supercard lite on the way. it doesn't 'stick out' and I have a passcard that doesn't 'stick out'.
and the supercard lite's memory is expandable (i.e. get a bigger sd micro card) Im sure they will have sd micro in larger than 2Gigabyte soon.

and will this new flashcart support .nes .gg .sms .gb .gba etc.... without any extra software?

just myt 2cents.

(or maybe im just made that i went out and got the supercard lite just 2 days before i found out about this.....) :(

i forgot about support for the files. it would have to support the files natively on its firmware. you are right some of the other cards you have to convert them over. great observation!

Deburner
August 12th, 2006, 17:11
512 mb people 4 gbit

included 4GBit (512-Mbyte) memory

CU570M
August 12th, 2006, 20:31
512 mb people 4 gbit

ohh crap....i didn't even really look at that....wow that is kind of expensive then...wow!!!

thanks man

Quay Cur
August 13th, 2006, 02:29
not too far in price from a G6 Lite and Passcard 3, considering that this essentially combines the two.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 13th, 2006, 02:33
But possibly noooooooooo gba support.

Making "unsightly gba carts" better.

Besides. Being able to use gba files on onl gba are cool.

Quay Cur
August 13th, 2006, 02:55
^ yeah, for that reason i'm glad i got a G6 lite. i'll definitely use GBA stuff on my DS, but i know i'll use it on my GBA, too.

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 05:58
But possibly noooooooooo gba support.

Making "unsightly gba carts" better.

Besides. Being able to use gba files on onl gba are cool.

yeah. if this doesnt support gba then ill just stick with my m3.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:00
I think i will wait on the DS Link does the same but you can use your micro card with depending on witch you own can mean 2GB