PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Clock DS - Neoflash Comp Entry

wraggster
August 12th, 2006, 17:49
Spinal (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html) has released an entry for the Neoflash coding comp, heres the info:

Alarm Clock DS

I have tried to keep the functioning of this clock as close to a real
alarm clock as possible. The operation is simple, while the clock is running, the screen lights will go out to save power. When you touch the touch screen, the light will come on. Touching the screen will also act as a 'snooze' button, and will dissable the alarm for ten (10) minutes.

The controls are as follows.

L + R - Set alarm mode
A (held) - Select minutes
B (held) - Select hours
Up - Increase time (While holding A or B)
Down - Decrease time (While holding A or B)
Start - Return to clock mode

Start - Enable/Dissable the alarm
Up/Down - Cycle digit colors
X - Cycle alarm type
Touch pad - Light on (for a few seconds) / snooze

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Knuxman
August 12th, 2006, 18:48
Um... the DS has a built-in alarm clock...:confused:

Madelin
August 12th, 2006, 19:07
Yeah but this is much better as the screen will turn off to save power. The DS alarm clock is crappy anyway.

battleroyalex
August 13th, 2006, 01:13
waste of battery life? Not loud enough to wake any human up?

Madelin
August 13th, 2006, 12:08
Waste of space as doesnt work on supercard :(

Manya47
August 13th, 2006, 15:36
same, doesn't work on a supercard.

iball
August 13th, 2006, 18:07
Did you try running it through the homebrew patcher and THEN running it on a Supercard?

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 05:49
nice app, but i wouldnt really want to use my ds as an alarm clock though:D

THUD
August 14th, 2006, 08:39
Would have been nice to have an alarm that can be booted from the Supercard, instead of having to pull out the supercard, start the DS up as normal to set an alarm...

But this app. doesn't work on a Supercard anyway...

timbotds
August 22nd, 2006, 23:40
This would be amazing if you could program it to play selected mp3 files from the card instead of the alarm noise. still beats the built-in DS alarm which has no snooze.

iball
August 23rd, 2006, 07:35
Would have been nice to have an alarm that can be booted from the Supercard, instead of having to pull out the supercard, start the DS up as normal to set an alarm...

But this app. doesn't work on a Supercard anyway...
Hold the SELECT button when turning on the DS forces it to boot into regular DS mode where you set the alarm.
No need to pull the Supercard cart at all.

THUD
August 23rd, 2006, 08:57
cheers mate....didn't know that...really helps ta

ChaoFan531
September 11th, 2006, 22:33
It doesn't have sound!:confused:

lewislite
April 24th, 2007, 17:47
Don't work with R4DS either after patching.

DanTheManMS
April 25th, 2007, 02:53
I never got the sound to work on my Supercard miniSD either, if it makes a difference. In the end it's probably better to just use the built-in alarm clock function of the firmware.

jaws365
April 14th, 2008, 08:50
Will it be active during sleep? Because that is the good thing with the built-in alarm clock...

spinal_cord
April 14th, 2008, 12:34
The code is VERY old, it was compiled before palib fixed the r4 bugs etc. I dont know if I have the source still, but it did put the ds in sleep mode until either the alarm went off, or the screen was touched.

TacoForPaco
April 22nd, 2008, 02:54
Cooking timer plays mp3s although it doesn't do a time, it does a certain duratation. (example... it goes off in 4hr. 3min. instead of 6:00)

DSmanic!
April 27th, 2008, 02:24
Well, i would like to see rumble incorpurated into this, if that wont wake you i dont know what will! With settings of weak, medium, strong to customize. Put it under your pillow! With EZ flash V & Cyclo Evo this would work perfectly! So is this still being developed or what?

masterchief929
April 27th, 2008, 02:27
its kinda pointless if it doesn't play mp3's

Pandonetho
April 27th, 2008, 03:08
I don't know why there is so much discussion about this piece of homebrew. Why don't you guys just use Morning Timer (or something like that) by Infantile, it plays mp3s, has nice interface and supports rumble. It allows your alarm noise to increase either on a gradual scale or on a static level. It's quite detailed actually for an alarm clock.