PDA

View Full Version : A little trick: get "Devulated" 2.71 up to 333mhz

IndianCheese
August 12th, 2006, 17:59
If you have tried to run Devhook to emulate 2.71 at 333mhz and discovered that it freezes, I have found a trick to fix that. But you have to have iR Shell.

Run iR Shell.
Press R+Start repeatedly until the PSP is clocked up to 333mhz (Check the green numbers at the top of the screen).
Run Devhook 0.46 through iR Shell.
Choose "CPU Speed".
Choose 333/166.
Choose "Start".
The PSP will successfully boot 2.71 firmware clocked at 333mhz.

So there you have it! This is great for getting less-choppy Flash movies. Sadly, WiFi is still broken with 333mhz.

I am guessing the reason this works is because Devhook doesn't clock it up to 333 until the point where it usually freezes. But if iR Shell already has the PSP clocked up to 333, the CPU speed isn't affected during the boot process.

lol qj will steal this guaranteed

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 18:03
thanks IndianCheese! :) and your right qj probably has it on their site by now :rolleyes:

mr_nick666
August 12th, 2006, 18:18
Im impressed! :D Nice work ;)

Addictedd
August 12th, 2006, 18:20
that's awesome nice one! qj site is down :D

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 18:21
haha serves them right. get it "serves" them right "server" down :D

TheSerpentMage
August 12th, 2006, 18:28
Or you could just start devhook then hold home and hit select until you get 333mhz.

rock_light
August 12th, 2006, 18:55
TheSerpentMage, thats what ive been doing this whole time. but you gotta pop out the umd if you wanna auto start so if your using a auto launch from devhook its kinda neat.

I use 333mhz as little as possible anyways, but its always nice when your not using wlan or near your charger.

gamesquest1
August 12th, 2006, 19:08
Yeah i just leave my devhook default settings at 222mhz thenif i need it change it using the HOME+Select button to clock it to 333mhz, doubt anybody really uses default 333mhz as its a battery wasting wifi disabling piece of poo lol, but if any1 finds it usefull. well done

logicbomb.de
August 12th, 2006, 19:15
If you're using a GUI version of devhook, you need to set your CPU speed to 'NO CHANGE'

or else it will freeze like it always does w/ 333mhz

Sousanator
August 12th, 2006, 19:23
umm, as long as you enter in 222mhz(or less) you can just change the speed in the xmb,
faster then doing these steps, and same result

Voltron
August 12th, 2006, 20:10
Or you could just start devhook then hold home and hit select until you get 333mhz.

That's what I do. I use DevHook FULL version v0.44.0100 and it works great emulating 2.71 firmware. HOME + SELECT does the trick very nice.

To avoid problems with WiFi running at 333Mhz, start DevHook at 222Mhz then return the xmb and change to 333Mhz and it should work great.

D0N
August 12th, 2006, 20:15
haha serves them right. get it "serves" them right "server" down :D

haha LOL! :D Excellent find IndianCheese!

nosaint
August 12th, 2006, 20:33
can I play an umd iso on my 2.71 psp with devhook like on 1.5?

Malksta
August 12th, 2006, 20:35
No!

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 20:35
no iso discussion on DCEmu. were legal.
(please dont get this thread closed)

dagger89
August 12th, 2006, 21:04
Umm... I've been using Devhook 0.46 w/ WIFI and 333 mhz for a few weeks alrdy w/o using IRshell.... There is a patch on Maxconsole for it...

gamesquest1
August 12th, 2006, 21:17
I was under the impression that if you use a work around to get the wifi working at 333mhz you can end up burning it out which just isnt worth whatever benifits it gives you

NoQuarter
August 12th, 2006, 21:30
Yeah I've noticed a little heat when using wifi and devhook for extended periods,even at 222Mhz
I think it's because the wifi card and memstick are on the same side,devhook reads the card constantly alot of times.

razero.we
August 12th, 2006, 23:00
its work perfectly! thx
thats so nice its faster now...

Psyberjock
August 13th, 2006, 01:07
DevHook .46 fixed this already. You can run 2.71 with 333mhz and with wifi. But for those who can't or refuse to update, its a great discovery. But because its already been fixed, qj may not really care.

modcase
August 13th, 2006, 05:51
The insanity continues, but just a tiny FYI. I figured most savvy "internet users" already know this. But any reference or discussion involving a online website, reguardless if its a good or bad reference, IS good for the site (i.e. QJ). By "dissing them" all the time, you are effectivly making people wonder what "this bad QJ is" and creating the inevidable question "why don't users of this site want me to go there".

The sad part, in all honesty is you are making DCEmu look like a bunch of haters. If thats what you want to do then so be it. I am the last to get involved in silly little site wars. I do not think they are benefitial for any site. I do think however, that it is quite amusing that you go on about other sites when the topic here is a application for the PSP, not a website.

IndianCheese
August 13th, 2006, 16:03
whoops. i didn't know you could change it in the xmb.

logicbomb.de
August 13th, 2006, 19:50
The insanity continues, but just a tiny FYI. I figured most savvy "internet users" already know this. But any reference or discussion involving a online website, reguardless if its a good or bad reference, IS good for the site (i.e. QJ). By "dissing them" all the time, you are effectivly making people wonder what "this bad QJ is" and creating the inevidable question "why don't users of this site want me to go there".

The sad part, in all honesty is you are making DCEmu look like a bunch of haters. If thats what you want to do then so be it. I am the last to get involved in silly little site wars. I do not think they are benefitial for any site. I do think however, that it is quite amusing that you go on about other sites when the topic here is a application for the PSP, not a website.

you are absolutely right.

HOWEVER, Qj did infact print this article, and they did source DCemu - there are significant diffences in attitude between fans of either site

the difference is here, most of everyone is saying "oh cool, neat " or "you know you can change in xmb" mostly friendly constructive stuff.

all of the babies at QJ start flaming the editors or even the workaround itself cos they're dissapointed cos there no "real" devhook news, calling it worthless and crap.

so while there really is no need to point fingers at QJ all the time, I have to say that they thoroughly deserve it, not necesarily for their editorial staff or shortcommings, but for the countless idiots mand trolsl that constantly spam the comment sections.

DIEx3
August 13th, 2006, 23:37
you are absolutely right.

HOWEVER, Qj did infact print this article, and they did source DCemu - there are significant diffences in attitude between fans of either site

the difference is here, most of everyone is saying "oh cool, neat " or "you know you can change in xmb" mostly friendly constructive stuff.

all of the babies at QJ start flaming the editors or even the workaround itself cos they're dissapointed cos there no "real" devhook news, calling it worthless and crap.

so while there really is no need to point fingers at QJ all the time, I have to say that they thoroughly deserve it, not necesarily for their editorial staff or shortcommings, but for the countless idiots mand trolsl that constantly spam the comment sections.

I agree with you 100%. That is completely true. Finally someone says it like it is. The fact of the matter is that DCEMU folks are usually pretty serious people, while the idiot 12 year olds at QJ are just a bunch of 1st comment baffoons looking for attention and bashing the editors. I would also point out that about a year ago now, the old QJ edited devs' files and posted them up for download. And before any idiot says that they didn't edit any files I would just like to say that in the readme of PSPDOOM, the dev wrote at the bottom "F*** PSPUPDATES!", and of course the old QJ edited that part out and posted it up for DL.

Physicist
August 14th, 2006, 08:55
This is all very well and good but what's it got to do with making Devhack run 2.71 at 333mhz without crashing?

I don't think you really need to run it at 333 because any UMD game is designed to work at 222, what would be the point releasing a game only the devhackers could play? hehe.