PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.53 Released for fw 2.xx (Amiga Emulator for PSP)

Hungry Horace
August 13th, 2006, 00:05
FOL has released yet another update to the PSP Amiga emulator over on www.pspuae.com - this time adding the features of 0.53 that 1.5 users have been enjoying, to those unlucky souls still using eLoader.

This update gives a speed increase in loading times, as there is now support for the Turbo Floppy Drive speed.

Please note, that using this option is less compatible than using 100% drive speed, although the majority of ADFs seem to have no problems.

Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback and Compatibility Via the Comments

JKKDARK
August 13th, 2006, 00:09
great news :)

xiringu
August 13th, 2006, 02:06
it's always good to see an update of this emulator.

this is the one I'm looking for! :)

unfortunately still lacks some speed and some missing configuration options.

I've been playing Xenon2 with no sound, and it's great.

but with sound, still lags a bit and I wonder if tweaking the khz could give some extra fps, but that option doesn't exist.

and Load/Save options are not handy at all. they should be on the main menu.

well, it's a work in progress, I can't complain. it plays! hehe

by the way, is there any board, or place of people talking about this version of UAE?

www.pspuae.com doesn't seem to work

I'd love to see ZX81 touch on this emu, specially for the menus and options

Hungry Horace
August 13th, 2006, 03:08
yeah, it's a bit of wierd one i'm afraid, what with Ric (the new coder) having to pick up where others left off.

however, he is looking into an improve 68000 core to speed things, and the sound is already set at 22khz apparently, so there's not much point in going lower.

www.pspuae.com works fine btw - i was just there ;)

i'd love it if ZX wanted to join the pspuae team, his knowledge would certainly be appriciated, at the moment the focus is on updating the central code to the new e-uae version.... i beleive Ric wants to see things on it improved a bit before worrying about the aesthetics of it all tbh.... afterall, it does what it says on the box!

xiringu
August 13th, 2006, 03:49
www.pspuae.com works fine btw - i was just there ;)

weird, there must be a problem with my ISP...dunno ??

at the moment the focus is on updating the central code to the new e-uae version.... i beleive Ric wants to see things on it improved a bit before worrying about the aesthetics

of course! I agree with that. I'm only worrying about the project being dropped again before getting to a nice playable state, as it happened before with so many others.

for example, I expect from an emulator to be playable and fluid, more than to be compatible with every rom. I'd rather play well only a few, than play all at a low framerate.

and as I said Xenon2 (no sound) was pretty good imo, so I'm pretty happy :)

FOL
August 13th, 2006, 09:52
weird, there must be a problem with my ISP...dunno ??

of course! I agree with that. I'm only worrying about the project being dropped again before getting to a nice playable state, as it happened before with so many others.

for example, I expect from an emulator to be playable and fluid, more than to be compatible with every rom. I'd rather play well only a few, than play all at a low framerate.

and as I said Xenon2 (no sound) was pretty good imo, so I'm pretty happy :)

I hope it dont get dumped, ;), as I paid to setup site, I think us dedicated people to the Amiga will keep it alive.

I have noticed speed issues on V2.+ PSP, but that could be cause im emulating 2.60 to test it with my GTA UMD. Think someone needs to have both, 1.50 and 2.+ PSP to confirm this slow down on V2.+ PSP`s.

I was using Lotus to test, on frameskip 3 and the sound seemed to stammer more than it does on a V1.5 PSP.

Hmmmmm, I think Xenon 2 set on Frameskip 3 with mono sound is fine, think some people are to fussy, ;).

mr_nick666
August 13th, 2006, 11:53
i'd love it if ZX wanted to join the pspuae team, his knowledge would certainly be appriciated, at the moment the focus is on updating the central code to the new e-uae version.... i beleive Ric wants to see things on it improved a bit before worrying about the aesthetics of it all tbh.... afterall, it does what it says on the box!

Another nice release :) Im sure ZX will offer assistance and advice even if he doesnt join! :D

defiant_psp
August 13th, 2006, 15:45
I have v2.6 on my psp and when i change the floopy disk in the menu then press select/circle to go back to the emulation the psp freezes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
And yes i did reset the emulation after changing the disk file(just incase some1 asks)

FOL
August 13th, 2006, 21:13
I have v2.6 on my psp and when i change the floopy disk in the menu then press select/circle to go back to the emulation the psp freezes.
Has anyone else had this problem?
And yes i did reset the emulation after changing the disk file(just incase some1 asks)

This sometimes happens if you tweak the options to much, try with default options

Plowking
August 13th, 2006, 22:34
I can't get the right mousebutton action to work for beneath a steel sky, which makes it unplayable.

Anyone else have this problem?

bwlfp
August 13th, 2006, 23:41
I can't get the right mousebutton action to work for beneath a steel sky, which makes it unplayable.

Anyone else have this problem?
yes
in the options try changing the right mouse button to the middle mouse button

defiant_psp
August 14th, 2006, 00:08
This sometimes happens if you tweak the options to much, try with default options
i`ve tried that and it still happens - anymore ideas?

FOL
August 14th, 2006, 18:53
i`ve tried that and it still happens - anymore ideas?

Cant think of anything else, can you post your settings? and what kick rom your using and its size.

I could only try it, on emulated 2.6 with my GTA UMD and it worked fine.

defiant_psp
August 14th, 2006, 19:42
Cant think of anything else, can you post your settings? and what kick rom your using and its size.
My Settings are:

Kick rom 1.3(kick13.rom) 512kb 524,288 bytes
Frame skip: auto
Direct vram access:off
Zoom: 0%
Chipset: ecs_agnus
Collision Mode: playfields
cpu type: 68000
cpu compatible: off
Fastmem:0kb
chipmen:512kb
slowmem:512kb
sound emu:normal
stereo:4ch
kickstart 1.3
floppy speed: normal
show leds: on
transparent keyboard: on
enable debugger off
analog stick: mouse
directional buttons: joystick 0
start:screenshot
square:activate keyboard
triangle:hires mouse movement
cross:joystick 0 fire
circle: right mouse button
left shoulder button:left mouse button
right shoulder button: right mouse button:confused:

FOL
August 14th, 2006, 20:04
My Settings are:

Kick rom 1.3(kick13.rom) 512kb 524,288 bytes
Frame skip: auto
Direct vram access:off
Zoom: 0%
Chipset: ecs_agnus
Collision Mode: playfields
cpu type: 68000
cpu compatible: off
Fastmem:0kb
chipmen:512kb
slowmem:512kb
sound emu:normal
stereo:4ch
kickstart 1.3
floppy speed: normal
show leds: on
transparent keyboard: on
enable debugger off
analog stick: mouse
directional buttons: joystick 0
start:screenshot
square:activate keyboard
triangle:hires mouse movement
cross:joystick 0 fire
circle: right mouse button
left shoulder button:left mouse button
right shoulder button: right mouse button:confused:

Yeh, right mouse button, should be middle, there mixed up for some reason.

As for the rest all looks ok, so you get the kickrom screen, then you put an adf in and it freezes psp?
Very odd, I had no problems using this with emulated 2.60, Ill do some more tests.

What Kickroms have you tried?

You could also try looking at PSPUAE Site (http://www.pspuae.com), people there might be able to help to.

defiant_psp
August 14th, 2006, 20:15
Yeh, right mouse button, should be middle, there mixed up for some reason.

As for the rest all looks ok, so you get the kickrom screen, then you put an adf in and it freezes psp?
Very odd, I had no problems using this with emulated 2.60, Ill do some more tests.

What Kickroms have you tried?

You could also try looking at PSPUAE Site (http://www.pspuae.com), people there might be able to help to.

thanx for all your help but i actually found the problem, coz i'd never had any problems with the gta loader before i had no reason to try it but i reinstalled the gta loader using the alternate method and it works fine.

thank you again
:) :D

FOL
August 14th, 2006, 23:47
thanx for all your help but i actually found the problem, coz i'd never had any problems with the gta loader before i had no reason to try it but i reinstalled the gta loader using the alternate method and it works fine.

thank you again
:) :D

No thankyou, as this helps us all, I will post this info on PSPUAE.com.

Its only a rom problem normally, but now we can say to try reinstalling E-loader.