PDA

View Full Version : XM360 v1.8d

wraggster
August 8th, 2010, 14:53
News via http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EklEkplkVkhGPtMHvp.php

Node21 (Team XeDev) now released XM360 v1.8d to the public, a tool running on homebrew 360s that will allow to organize, scan and unlock XBLA and DLC content.

What's new/fixed (since v1.7):
* Fixed fact that you couldn't sort by ratings or raters in the collection manager (v1.8)
* Fixed new scraper (1.7b) getting ratings wrong. I made a change to the file format that breaks compatibility with old xbla_titles.csv, so make sure you are not using an old version of the file. (v1.8)
* Fixed initial scan crashing the 360 if there was no existing content.bin file. (v1.8)
* xm360_server is now aware of the last time xbla_titles.csv and dlc_titles.csv were generated. Every 360 that connects to xm360_server will *automatically* update the xbla_titles.csv and dlc_titles.csv on that 360. Furthermore, you can regenerate, or replace those files without stopping xm360_server from running. So, I leave the server running all the time, 24/7. I have scheduled a /X and a /D every night at midnight as well. It's all invisible without any hands on maintenance. Basically, this feature means you shouldn't ever have to worry about moving these files to your 360 anymore. On the server, these files should be in the same place as content.bin. (v1.8)
* Also, if you put an xm360.xex in that same directory, xm360 will *also* update itself if the version there is newer than the version that is running. It will automatically restart if this happens. This is a moot feature though, unfortunately. (v1.8)
* A request was made to include the DLC filename for missing DLC in the DLC_report.txt (v1.8b)
* A suggestion from a donater: The first scene now has the ability to seperate GOD from XBLA (use RB to toggle) (v1.8c)
* The server will now wait for you to hit enter after scraping XBLA or DLC (v1.8c)
* The server has a new command line option (/Q) to tell it *not* to wait for enter after scraping. Use this if you automatically scrape every night via a scheduled task, or something like that. (v1.8c)
* After "ATHiEST" leaked version 1.7b, I stopped work on xm360, except to support people who had donated. I'm releasing 1.8d to get everyone out there caught up to what has changed since then. Any future work on XM360 will once again go to people who donated first. (v1.8d)
* Due to a request, after unlocking XBLA, you no longer have to do a full re-scan for content (v1.8d)
* FTP is much faster thanks to the FSD team teaching me to assign threads to a CPU, go DONATE TO FSD PLEASE! (v1.8d)
* Because xm360_server became the only way to update the database, and it doesn't work on linux. I've gone back to including the perl scrapers (but they are still not as good as xm360_server) (v1.8d)

Official Site: http://xedev.xbins.org/