PDA

View Full Version : Micro SD Card for PSP Coming Soon

wraggster
August 13th, 2006, 10:09
KingMax (http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/news/news_product/news_p20060714.htm) posted this press release:

Kingmax Multi-function microSD Card for Easy All-In-One Digital Enjoyment

http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/news/news_product/20060714.jpg

Memory card specifications supported by digital products today vary ¡V digital cameras mainly use SD, mobile phones use microSD, while Sony products only support Memory Stick. Now, Kingmax is offering the new multi-function microSD card to resolve this dilemma.

Kingmax's Multi-function microSD card consists of three parts, microSD, SD Adapter and MS Pro Duo Adapter. When paired with SD Adapter, it is fully compatible with all digital products that can SD cards. And when paired with MS Pro Duo Adapter can be used on all products supporting Sony Memory Pro Duo. Meeting these different specifications, the Kingmax Multi-function microSD card is truly "multifunctional". It can also be used in microSD mobile phones, SD digital cameras/PDAs, PSP game consoles and Sony DC/DV/mobile phones for ultimate digital enjoyment.

microSD is now the mainstream technology specification for next-generation mobile phone memory cards. According to assessments by most research organizations, of all the card phones sold in 2005, 29.5% were for microSD memory card phones. This figure has continued to rise, reaching approximately 45% market share for the first half of 2006. However, the microSD's advantage in size represents a towering technical barrier for many producers. In fact, only a few companies in the world are capable of mass producing large-capacity microSD memory cards, which require advanced packaging and stacking technology. Kingmax, the leading brand in memory cards, is one such company, currently supplying 512MB microSD utilizing cutting-edge SLC to ensure high speed, power saving and long lifespan. Furthermore, Kingmax's proprietary patented PIP technology enables its microSD products to be completely waterproof, shock/fold-resistant, and heat-resistant for greater product longevity.

Kingmax's highly sophisticated technological prowess brings today's hottest memory card ¡V Multi-function microSD, to most digital platforms, including Sony, providing you with more digital entertainment options!

Neat eh

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 10:15
IThe picture looks like a Pro Duo with a SD adaptor. ???

teh21337
August 13th, 2006, 10:17
great!

kersplatty
August 13th, 2006, 10:54
wow, im guessing these are jus adaptors since there is no mini sdin the pictures

TheSerpentMage
August 13th, 2006, 10:58
In fact, only a few companies in the world are capable of mass producing large-capacity microSD memory cards, which require advanced packaging and stacking technology. Kingmax, the leading brand in memory cards, is one such company, currently supplying 512MB microSD utilizing cutting-edge SLC to ensure high speed, power saving and long lifespan.

Only 512, and wouldn't that quote imply expensive?

Voltron
August 13th, 2006, 11:04
I don't really see the point in a micro SD for the PSP unless you strictly had GBA ROMS stored on it and you wanted to switch back and forth between PSP & a DS Lite SuperCard.

mr_nick666
August 13th, 2006, 11:26
IThe picture looks like a Pro Duo with a SD adaptor. ???

Certainly looks like that... :confused:

SteveV2
August 13th, 2006, 11:28
I don't really see the point in a micro SD for the PSP unless you strictly had GBA ROMS stored on it and you wanted to switch back and forth between PSP & a DS Lite SuperCard.

Yep, pretty pointless for PSP users.

You could buy the smaller cards with the adaptor for more money that does the same thing...... If you want :)

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 12:28
I dont see the point of it mi 4gb sandisk is very fast and works great. Oh and it has almost 3500 mb more then a 512 micro

notaforumtroll
August 13th, 2006, 12:47
i just found a 1 gig mini sd stick, which i have no use for..so if i can spend 20 bucks to buy a mini sd adaptor and have another 1 gig stick kickin around
its alll butter

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 12:50
i just found a 1 gig mini sd stick, which i have no use for..so if i can spend 20 bucks to buy a mini sd adaptor and have another 1 gig stick kickin around
its alll butter
the adaptors that you can get convert the mini into a regular SD still not usable for the PSP. But if you dont need it and want to sell it sheap let me know:D

jwilds73
August 13th, 2006, 15:12
the adaptors that you can get convert the mini into a regular SD still not usable for the PSP. But if you dont need it and want to sell it sheap let me know:D

Bah sell to me I still need to get one for my cell phone. :p

mavsman4457
August 13th, 2006, 16:09
The prices of memory sticks are dropping pretty fast right now so this isn't as exciting as it may have been 6 months ago. It is still a good thing because now we have an alternative to Sony's one format. With a good price tag nobody will buy memory sticks ever again :)

Edit: What is the largest capacity of a micro sd?

felonyr301
August 13th, 2006, 21:12
you got a point there buddy i mean before the memory sticks were expensive but now its a little cheaper now i mean you can get a 4 gig card between from 110 to 150 online and its new lol. ohh and 1 gig for like 50 bucks or 2 gig for like 75-80 bucks basically its all good compared to when 512 was like 60 bucks.

bandit
August 13th, 2006, 23:44
I have posted this news on my site. I actually have more information regarding this product. Hopefully I can get my hands on one and see how it is.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 15th, 2006, 19:15
cool

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 21:07
HAHAHAH! at EB games they sale 256mb mem sticks for 50 bucks and 512mb for like 80 bucks.