PDA

View Full Version : NeoGeo CD emulator Released for the Dreamcast

wraggster
March 29th, 2004, 19:06
ian michael has released a NeoGeo CD emulator for the Dreamcast, heres the news from the topic on DCEmu boards:[br][br] NEOCD/SDL DC [br]I started porting the NEOCD/SDL to the Dreamcast on Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004. This emulator is in the early stages of production, so to speak. The Original NeoCD(DOS Version) is by Martinez Fabrice, and The NEOGEO CD SDL port was done by Fosters (SDL portions written by Fosters(2001, 2003). There is no sound yet in this beta. [br]All people who are part of the team deserve the same amount of credit for getting this baby up and running! [br]They are: (in no particular order) Fosters, Ian Michael, Troy (GPF) Davis, BlackAura, and BlueCrab. [br][br]I cannot stress enough to READ the README. The information you need is in there! [br][br][br]CREDITS [br][br]Troy (GPF) Davis web site http://www.storm-studios.net/GPF [br]Fabrice Martinez - The original NeoCD emulator [br]Fosters - SDL port [br]Caz - For the BeOS NeoCD/SDL build [br]Karl Stenerud - The Musashi M680x0 emulator [br]Neil Bradley ([email protected]) - Multi-Z80 CPU emulator [br]Tatsuyuki Satoh - YM2610 Mame core [br]Derek Liauw Kie Fa. - 2xSaI engine [br]Sam Lantinga (et al) - Simple DirectMedia Layer [br]Dan Potter - KallistiOS [br][br]Dreamcast Port: Ian Michael, Fosters, Troy (GPF) Davis, BlackAura, BlueCrab. [br][br]Splash Screen art created by: Wack0 [br][br]If I have omitted anyones name in the credits, please let me know, as it was not intentional. [br][br]Main Issue: ANALOG STICK The stick is SUPER SENSITIVE!! Only the smallest of movement is needed. In other words: you CANNOT just push hard in any direction. If you do that, it will fail to work. If you cant stand the super sensitive analog stick controls: use the keyboard.. [br][br]Please make sure any news posts include all credit that i have written out this was a great team effort and shows what we can all do working together group Man hug guys! [br][br]This is a beta so it might only loaded puzzle bubble only so please test that game only before moving to others. [br][br]http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/[br]

Darksaviour69
March 30th, 2004, 16:34
shame the NeoGeo CD was not released in europe. i liked the idea of finding some class old games 2nd hand and poping the the DC. still, maybe..... some day.... a mega CD ;D

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 20:53
I hope ian will release some emu ports from consoles like the cpc64 and others that arent emulated yet.

I know they call him and lets be fair we all have our faults but he does bring interest to the Dreamcast scene.

Ian_micheal
April 1st, 2004, 22:48
Well every thing looks good yeah i hope it's more freindly then consolevision

I go to dcemulation because of the help from some coders and freinds. now to get the good people here with out the bad.. heh

wraggster
April 1st, 2004, 23:02
This site wont be like other sites, Consolevision has fallen from the icon of the Console news sites to a shadow of its former self, maybe with a new design etc they can rally but too many let them down and too many unfriendly people.

This site is not an unfriendly site infact quite the reverse :)

Wait till you see the new look it will blow your socks off :)

Ian_micheal
April 1st, 2004, 23:06
Ok man thanks If all goes well this could be the best of the lot.

wraggster
April 1st, 2004, 23:16
Well it will take time but ill guarentee this site will shake the scene to its foundations and like you with the backing of NGemu we have the backing of the emu64 network and hope to be a major player within 6 months :)

Darksaviour69
April 3rd, 2004, 02:23
i think once CSV forums were hacked, it never really got going again. shame csv was a great site when i first arrived... :'(

i still hope it returns to its former glory (and better), btw boob might be getting a bit of a revamp at some stage.......

wraggster
April 3rd, 2004, 03:25
unless a miracle happens i cant see csv getting back to over 5000 visitors a day and that was just to the dc/main site.

Boob getting a revamp eh cool news :)

Id like to see boob feature more dev news and tutorials etc for devving

LyonHrt
April 3rd, 2004, 12:58
Yeah i'd like to see boob get a revamp, was the first dc emu/dev site i went too (heard about dcemulation.com from there!) back in october 2000!

Darksaviour69
April 3rd, 2004, 21:41
well cyrus said he will(maybe) be coming back after hes finised his course and got a job. it would be great to c boob come back to its former glory!.... i think boob is 4 years old this month! ;D

wraggster
April 3rd, 2004, 21:50
Boob! being back on top of its game is crucial to this site and the scene as a whole, me and roger (cyrus64) have had a few run ins in the past but i do have the upmost respect for him and to see him back at BooB! more would be great as BooB! is the best place for Development information.

souLLy
April 5th, 2004, 09:16
cyrus never did come clubbing with me, imma open a can of whoop-ass on him.

LyonHrt
April 5th, 2004, 14:21
Its come a long way since it was hosted by dcwarez :P

wraggster
April 5th, 2004, 16:20
yeah lol