PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Controller v0.42

wraggster
August 13th, 2006, 20:14
David Rudie (http://imk.cx/psp/wificontroller/) has released a new version of his program thats lets you use the PSP as a controller on a PC.

WHAT THIS IS AND WHAT THIS DOES
This basically turns your PSP into a controller for your PC (running Windows). How it works is that PPJoy provides a way to create a virtual joystick. We can then communicate with this virtual joystick as though it were a real joystick. This is accomplished by running a server in Microsoft Windows. The server just runs in the background waiting for a connection. When you start the WiFiController program on your Sony PSP it will establish a network connection over wireless using infrastructure mode. Once it establishes a connection and obtains an IP address it will connect to the server running on your PC. Once it has connected to your PC it will act just like a regular joystick.

Heres whats new:

v0.4.2)
* Rewrote some functions to clean up code more.
* Shortened all message displays by 1 second.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DragonPimpsta
August 13th, 2006, 22:18
sounds cool

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 22:24
thanks for the release David Rudie :)

DragonPimpsta
August 13th, 2006, 22:27
edit: OH WAIT, i gotta download ppjoy
i cant get it to work =(, i dont think the server file is working right for me

tohm82
August 14th, 2006, 10:28
Dragon, Try creating a wifi connection first in whatever FW you are using.Thats what was cocking me up.

jerrt
August 14th, 2006, 16:49
when i try to proceed with the final step it seems to hang. when it says it is going through the 4 step connection process, after i've selected my connection. it always stops on 2 of 4. I've got ppjoy, and the server file set up just as the read me described. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? the program doesn't hang, just the connection. Could this be because i've got like 6 connections listed [i've had other programs that don't like lots of items in a list] i dont' know. i'm really excited about using this with my mame collection and i just can't seem to get over this last hurdle.

thanks in advance. [:

jaws365
August 19th, 2006, 16:46
This proggy is friggin amazing! No lags or anyting. Looking forward to OSX support, then I will not be dependent on a router :)

I think your PC and PSP through XMB should be connected to the same router (I just use my Powerbook w/Airport, not very strong signal though). Then you change the wifi.cfg so it matches your PC´s IP address.

By the way, do anyone know if it is possible to "fake" a router through a PC wlan card. I do this with both my Powerbooks, but cannot find out how to do it on my IBM laptop.

bigjoecool
August 28th, 2006, 03:40
O.k., Can somebody please tell me how to edit the wifi.cfg file? I know my pc's ip address, I just don't know how to open the wifi.cfg file to change it.

bigjoecool
August 28th, 2006, 04:28
Allright I opened it using notepate and changed the ipaddress to matc my computer. It still won't work Maybe I need to configure my router somehow. I was supposed to match the ipaddress of the computer and not the router right?

Hanketsu
September 4th, 2006, 03:18
I'm having the same problem. I followed the steps in the readme to the letter and it always hangs up on connection state 3 of 4. i matched my pc and psp to the same router and have the correct ip address in the cfg file. can anyone help?

Hanketsu
September 4th, 2006, 22:32
anyone? much thanks in advance for any replies.

hakibou24
September 11th, 2006, 01:53
i'll try it

DocMAX
June 27th, 2007, 20:57
stops at "3 of 4" for me too, any ideas?

sonyman
December 7th, 2009, 05:20
sorry to bring out an old thread...can anyone get this working on cw5.50 GEN D2?