PDA

View Full Version : e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 fix3

wraggster
August 13th, 2006, 20:20
E (http://dev-e.sakura.ne.jp/) has released a new version of his Multi Console Emulator, that supports

PC Engine
Wonderswan
Famicom (NES)
Gameboy

Heres the crappy translation:

Several problem which is reported was corrected.
If there is a problem, we request report to the bulletin board here.
It keeps correcting steadily.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

yobusta
August 13th, 2006, 21:10
which files do you send to psp. i have tried this version and th old version i always get game could not be started when i try to open it on the psp.

mr_nick666
August 13th, 2006, 21:20
which files do you send to psp. i have tried this version and th old version i always get game could not be started when i try to open it on the psp.

What firmware are you running?? :confused: Above 2.6 and you are out of luck on the homebrew front - excluding Flash of course! :o

yobusta
August 13th, 2006, 22:00
i have a 1.5 psp. i have other emus that run great.

Voltron
August 13th, 2006, 22:14
Has anything changed with the PC Engine side of things? That is my favorite out of the 4 EMU's this is capable of. I've long been hoping for an updated PC Engine (Turbo Grafx) EMU.

pepegomez
August 13th, 2006, 22:31
what do you mean with pc engine?
this sounds like computer emulator. but i doubt it is such a thing?!

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 22:32
Great release and nice sig Mr.Nick666 :)

JKKDARK
August 13th, 2006, 22:33
great news :)

dagger89
August 13th, 2006, 22:37

(http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?sid=26343&m=6&c=1)

The PC Engine was a collaborative effort between Japanese software maker Hudson Soft (which maintains a chip-making division) and NEC. In a classic example of good timing, Hudson was looking for financial backing for a game console they had designed, and NEC was looking to get into the lucrative game market. The PC Engine was and is a very small video game console, due primarily to a very efficient three-chip architecture and its use of HuCards, credit-card sized data cartridges. It featured an enhanced MOS Technology 6502 processor and a custom 16-bit graphics processor, as well as a custom video encoder chip, all designed by Hudson.

The PC Engine was extremely popular in Japan, besting Nintendo's Famicom in sales soon after its release, with no fewer than twelve systems released from 1987 to 1993, and new games released as recently as 1999. It was capable of up to 512 colors at once in several resolutions, and featured very robust sprite handling abilities. The Hudson-designed chroma encoder delivered a video signal more vibrant and colourful than both the Famicom and the Sega Megadrive and is largely regarded as the equal to Nintendo's Super Famicom, the PC Engine's contemporary competition.

It was the first console to have a optional CD module, allowing the standard benefits of the CD medium: more storage, cheaper media costs, and redbook audio. The efficient design, backing of many of Japan's major software producers, and the additional CD ROM capabilities gave the PC Engine a very wide variety of software, with several hundred games for each the HuCard and CD formats. Here's a screenshot gallery.

Several of the PC Engine systems and its US-released counterparts are possibly the most commonly misspelled video game systems of all time. The -Grafx suffix, used for the Japanese CoreGrafx and SuperGrafx, as well as the US TurboGrafx, is spelled incorrectly almost as often as not. Grafix, graphx and countless permutations thereof abound.

I'd say the site i used for reference, but i'd be banned....

yobusta
August 13th, 2006, 22:44
Can someone please help me.

mog
August 14th, 2006, 00:13
Originally Posted by Very Good source
lol, I see what you mean...
Just because that site has roms on it, does that really mean we can't reference it when quoting?

I mean it's hardly like it matters if you give the website url or not, because with search engines as good as they are nowadays, it would be just as easy to do a search on the first five or so words anyway. :p

wardrich
August 14th, 2006, 04:55

PC Engine (PCE) is the Japanese release name for the TurboGrafx 16.

wardrich
August 14th, 2006, 04:55

I think it's made for 1.0

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 04:57
If it's made for 1.0, use the KXPloit tool or PSP Homebrew 9 to make it usable on 1.5 ;)

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 05:42
PC Engine (PCE) is the Japanese release name for the TurboGrafx 16.
yes and HUe is for europe.

Has anything changed with the PC Engine side of things? That is my favorite out of the 4 EMU's this is capable of. I've long been hoping for an updated PC Engine (Turbo Grafx) EMU.
This emu is great specially the PC engine
Im still waiting to see if its going to be compatible with the other emus listed on it.
I also wish they can make support for adding your own pics in the menu screen:D

b8a
August 14th, 2006, 11:26
Readme translations anyone?

e[mulator] for PSP 0.81 fix3 (+Windows)

I fixed several bugs that existed in 0.81 fix 2.
Since I haven't checked how games other than those that required a fix operate, there's a possibility that problems may have cropped up in unrelated games.

Based on the indications of the problems, some fixes might have slipped through the cracks.
If there are any, report them on the bulletin board.

(*) I couldn't use zip compressed FDS files as well as disk system bios. These are currently thought to be incompatible.

<Points of caution about the bonus Windows version>
(1) It can't read ZIP.
(2) It can't save states.
(3) It's unable to do things such as reload ROMs.
(4) There is no GUI.
(5) You can't enlarge the screen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently supported hardware
(1) PC Engine+SuperGrafx+CDROM2(not fully realized)
(2) Wonderswan
(3) Famicom (Using modified source from NesterJ for PSP)
(4) GameBoy (Using modified source from RIN)
(5) NeoGeo Pocket (Ported and greatly modified from NEOPOP)

Items fixed in 0.81 fix3

(1) WS : Fixed it so that no problems occur in either Front Misson or FF1.
(2) WS : Fixed it so that the loaded save data from FF4 operates correctly.
(3) WS : Fixed the problem with SRAM disappearing on reset
(4) NES: I believe I've fixed a problem where horizontally flipped sprites weren't displayed.
(5) NGP: Started fine-tuning the operation of NEOGEO Pocket ROMs (no sound)
Looks like E's porting this emulator for all you Windows folk out there. The win folder readme doesn't have much different to say (portions are the same), but here you go:

e[mulator] for Win32 0.81 fix3 (test)

As I applied fixes on 0.81fix2, I updated it to fix3 and ported it to Windows.
Since I've only performed tenuous checks, I think there's probably quite a few problems.

Since I'm making it for checking the operation of PSP ports, it's kind of complicated.

<Caution>
(1) It can't read ZIP.
(2) It can't save states.
(3) It's unable to do things such as reload ROMs.
(4) There is no GUI.
(5) You can't enlarge the screen.

Currently supported hardware
(1) PC Engine+SuperGrafx+CDROM2(not fully realized)
(2) Wonderswan
(3) Famicom (Using modified source from NesterJ for PSP)
(4) GameBoy (Using modified source from RIN)
(5) NeoGeo Pocket (Ported and greatly modified from NEOPOP)

mr_nick666
August 14th, 2006, 12:13
Great release and nice sig Mr.Nick666 :)

Cheerz mate! :D Im a graphic designer by trade but you know what its like when youre doing a job for yourself! :o It took Vetta to give me a push to do something! :p

Like Video_freak said you have to use SEIpsp tool on the eboot to create the folders to make it 1.5 compatible :)

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 12:37
thanks for the translation b8a

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 13:15
This is great now Neo Pocket works great unlike any release before making it the best emulator for that. Now i have to try the rest.

yobusta
August 14th, 2006, 14:05
Ok i tried it with sei psp tool and nothings comes up on the psp.

O-bake
August 14th, 2006, 14:13
Hm, i still have problems with the PCEngine CD.
After attaching the DraculaX.toc, the emu freezes completely.
After attaching my Vasteel.toc, the emu runs fine until mp3 sound should play, then it freezes.

Which format has the music to be? Is mp3 already supported? If yes, which bitrate? If not, wich format else?

And i even tried it without the mp3-files, just the .iso files, but the emu freezes as well :(

But anyways, thanks for the release.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 14:49
Ok i tried it with sei psp tool and nothings comes up on the psp.
Here i already made one for 1.50 try this one.

Hawq
August 14th, 2006, 15:17
Readme translations, anyone?

Looks like E's porting this emulator for all you Windows folk out there. The win folder readme doesn't have much different to say (portions are the same), but here you go:
Heh no sooner have I babelfished a translation for use at emuhq than I come in here & see a better one, though point 3 of the PC version which came out of babelfish as 'ROM and so on it does again to read, is not possible.' seems missing, lack of rom menu maybe?

yobusta
August 14th, 2006, 16:51
thanx its working now.

PsychoSync
August 14th, 2006, 16:59
E should repair the MP3 bug for PCEngine...

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 17:44
thanx its working now.
Thats what we are here for just PM me if you need any help:cool:

wardrich
August 14th, 2006, 23:06

Just to take that one a step further... it says NeoGeo pocket and such, but it IS E[mulator]. It DID load on 1.5.

Here are my results with this release. It's pretty awesome:

PCE:
Framerate average: ~60FPS
Sound emulation: A bit choppy at times
Problems: None yet

Famicom/NES:
Framerate Average: ~60FPS
Sound emulation: No problems
Problems: Could be the ROMs I'm using, but most of the games I tried had bad graphic problems... you'd go to walk left and your sprite would just disappear.
Notes: Remember to run the config to map a button for the menu

SMS/Gamegear:
Problems: Wouldn't list any .sms or .gg files that I have.

Gameboy/Color:
Framerate Average: ~60FPS
Sound Emulation: No problems

Wonderswan:
Framerate Average: ~65FPS
Sound Emulation: No problems

Things I disliked about this emulator:
--If you have a folder with a buttload of ROMs in it, you won't be able to hold the down arrow to quickly flip through the list. You have to keep hitting the arrow button until you get to the one you want. This REALLY sucks when you finally get to the game and hit X instead of O to run it and end up having to go through the list again. haha.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 23:30
Just to take that one a step further... it says NeoGeo pocket and such, but it IS E[mulator].
I know its a neogeo pocket I'm compulsive so even though it alouds you to play all those different councils i change the icons and pic1 to make them look like there own emulators. And you forgot to mention that NEO POP works very good with this release. What i suggest you do about the Roms and the list is divide it up in alphabetical order in different folders that will make it less to scroll down on.:D

jinqui242
August 14th, 2006, 23:43
I think it's made for 1.0

If you have custom firmware set up to run non-kxploited eboots, then you can run it on a 1.5. I don't even bother converting 1.0 eboots now.

wardrich
August 15th, 2006, 05:08
I know its a neogeo pocket I'm compulsive so even though it alouds you to play all those different councils i change the icons and pic1 to make them look like there own emulators. And you forgot to mention that NEO POP works very good with this release. What i suggest you do about the Roms and the list is divide it up in alphabetical order in different folders that will make it less to scroll down on.:D

haha, I ended up doing that. I later found out you can use left/right as pageup/pagedown. And you CAN hold your finger down on the arrow, but the delay is rather long and the scrollspeed is slow. And I have no idea what NeoPOP is, so I didn't mention it. :P

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 05:13
Neo Pop is the neo geo hand held it was awsome kind og like the Portable NEC 16.

b8a
August 15th, 2006, 08:07
Heh no sooner have I babelfished a translation for use at emuhq than I come in here & see a better one, though point 3 of the PC version which came out of babelfish as 'ROM and so on it does again to read, is not possible.' seems missing, lack of rom menu maybe?WHOOPS! My mistake! Sorry about that, I was half-asleep when I translated that and just translated it while I checked it out. I didn't even proof read it. Wow! Look at all of those spelling mistakes! (!_!)

Anyway, I fixed it up and updated the original post. My appologies. Point three is just that it can't re-read ROMs (doesn't give any specifics about why it would need to though).

wardrich
August 15th, 2006, 08:54
Neo Pop is the neo geo hand held it was awsome kind og like the Portable NEC 16.

Pretty sure it was called the "Neo Geo Pocket" and then they came out with "Neo Geo Pocket Colour" a bit later.

Hawq
August 15th, 2006, 19:18
WHOOPS! My mistake! Sorry about that, I was half-asleep when I translated that and just translated it while I checked it out. I didn't even proof read it. Wow! Look at all of those spelling mistakes! (!_!)

Anyway, I fixed it up and updated the original post. My appologies. Point three is just that it can't re-read ROMs (doesn't give any specifics about why it would need to though).
Ah, possibly for when people want to go back to a game after trying another, not sure why that wouldnt work properly but its my guess.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 19:48
Pretty sure it was called the "Neo Geo Pocket" and then they came out with "Neo Geo Pocket Colour" a bit later.
Yes i know thats the handhelds name and neo pop is the most know emulator for playing its games:D