PDA

View Full Version : New PSXP Videos Released!

DPyro
August 14th, 2006, 02:12
From what I can understand, these are videos of an early PSXP alpha version, running two different PD (Public Domain) roms. Between the two videos PSXP runs from 29-59FPS. Also, it is not optimised quite yet to take full advantage of the PSP. I'm not sure what he's saying in the videos, so if someone can speak french could you please translate this for us. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I22eqT1W4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRajb2NbTUs

mavsman4457
August 14th, 2006, 02:13
I was just about to post how excited I was for the videos to come out and Sniper beat me to and surprised me with the videos themselves. Thanks a lot.

Edit: However I must add that I am a bit dissapointed that they didn't even give us a glimpse of what normal games would look like. Just give us an idea of how fast Gran Turismo runs. :)

yoshinatsu
August 14th, 2006, 02:26
Give It To Us!!!

DPyro
August 14th, 2006, 02:27
I think they might be afraid of Sony LoL.

cartmandude14
August 14th, 2006, 02:32
When is the release?

skater9269
August 14th, 2006, 02:37
so the guy on psp-generation has a test version they sent him lucky bastrd

SSaxdude
August 14th, 2006, 02:40
This looks very real. I mean if were showing a popular game running full speed with sound I wouldn't believe it.

aries2k4
August 14th, 2006, 02:51
To bad I don´t know French. Just wondering what the guy is talking about. Just about the only word I picked up was "Voila", lol.

10shu
August 14th, 2006, 03:03
Hello, The guy do not say a lot. just than he release does video as proof of concept. he show 2 psx homebrew demo.

(the first one is a port of a amiga demo to the psx, the other an homebrew game).

he say they release th emulator later when it be finished...no date or anything...

idapimp
August 14th, 2006, 03:05
well if this is true i'm going to be happy as hell.
this popped up out of nowhere

skater9269
August 14th, 2006, 03:11
so there will suposedly be two new homebrew ps1 emus out soon.

Man
August 14th, 2006, 03:12
This is final proof, there shouldnt be any disbeleivers now, but then again some people are never satisfied ..... im happy, this is another blow to sony, i wonder if it will piss them off enough to try and stop them, oh well, i cant wait for a public release.

10shu
August 14th, 2006, 03:14
so there will suposedly be two new homebrew ps1 emus out soon.

I m not sure what you mean? :) maybe my bad english confused you...

Festizzio
August 14th, 2006, 03:17
So does it only run PD roms atm? Or was there another reason.:confused:

10shu
August 14th, 2006, 03:24
He do not no say if it run only PDrom

just than there is more work to do before it s finish. My guest is, commercial game do not run full speed yet. notice the demo do not display 3d...

still it seem pretty cool :)

skater9269
August 14th, 2006, 03:31
10shu no it was not your english i am refering to a different post which i believe is a roumor mill time sniper said it was from well known coders and it claimed 50 fps with sound and wifi.

djakku
August 14th, 2006, 03:38
well this one looks promising too, I wonder wheter or not they have a homepage..
The guy on the video was speaking french, he said the demo were old psx homebrew games and he don't know when a public release will be out

Video one
The guys explain that the team sent him a mail with the emulator attached saying "here is what we do, are you interessted?"
then he explain that the bundle contained two PSX homebrew game.
The first one is a port of an amiga game on psx called Elite.
Then he said that it's only a proof of concept and he try to zoom on the upper corner to show the FPS.

Video two
he boot the other game called wargate which is another psx homebrew game and show the fps
he said 30, just like it's needed :)
then before closing and uploading these video,
he said "now we need to wait until their release and hoping that the schedule is respected as promised"

Forgive me if it's not the perfect translation. It's not that i don't understand french, it's my english that ain't so bright :)

Mr. Shizzy
August 14th, 2006, 04:07
After seeing that, I think it's the real deal. Question is, will it ever reach a playable level with commercial games? I hope so. MUCH THANKS to the team working on this. This is a milestone in PSP homebrew development.

Zombo
August 14th, 2006, 04:10
Why don't they release a Proof of Concept showing all those other popular games-like Spyro or something.To be honest I don't know anything about those 2 games they're showing. :P

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 04:23
Exact translation (this isn't Google, I did it lol):
Video1:
The file I recieved said, here, we're doing this thing, are you interested?
So here we have two little demos, simply put.
:when he pulls out the UMD, he says:
Sorry, it's the "X", it's a habit.
Ok, so here you see an Elite demo, which was actually a demo for "amiga", which was ported on the PSX.
There was already homebrew at the time.
So here we have a little technique demonstration, but what's really interesting is the little corner in the top left.
We're not going to do a zoom, we're going to get closer, and then we're going to do a little zoom.
To try to have the number of frames, oops, per second that this demo (that was originally on the PSX) gives on this emulator.
Now we're going to cut (turn off), for a couple of instances (short period of time in french), enough time to reset all of this to launch the second demo that was given with this.... (he cuts off, but hes about to say emulator)

raphabot
August 14th, 2006, 04:32
i want to see comercial games

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 04:33
Video 2:
So we try this emulator once again.
It's off. (launching)
We're giving you another small "proof of concept".
Ok.
So this time we're going to go on....(pause)...ok.
On "Warp Gate", which was a, uh, homebrew too on the, the PSX.
We're going to try to look at the number of frames per second.
This time, we're almost at 30 fps, exactly like it should be.
A little demonstration.
Fast. (hes talking about the demonstration)
A little ship, nothing extraordinary.
Just a proof of concept, just like what we told you.
Now, we're going to have to wait a little bit more so that (says some name I can't understand?) finishes this emulator.
And, we hope, in the times he gave.
And mostly, we hope functional, like we promised.
There you have it, I hope you have a nice evening.
I'm in a hurry to put all of this online before I get loaded. See you later.

RetroGoth
August 14th, 2006, 05:03
it's not a bad start hopefully we'll see more videos on how it's improving.

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 05:05
yes, i hope :crosses finger:
and, oh ya, HAHA SONY. IN YOUR FAT FACE!!!!! muahaha....
ok, i'm kinda going crazy now...

pkmaximum
August 14th, 2006, 05:26
Hmm I'll admit I do have a bit of confidence in this emulator because its not like they are showing a video of Castle Vania SOTN, Crash Bandicout, Tomb Raider,etc running at full speed with sound. That is what usually most hoaxers aim at for some reason. If this does turn out to be a ahoax though, they definently took the right approach at it because they are gaining my confidence even, and I have been let down so many times its very very stressful (ULTRA HLE)

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 05:28
i want to see this emulator improve and find out what sony has to say. btw, nice translations Video_freak:)

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 05:40
i want to see this emulator improve and find out what sony has to say. btw, nice translations Video_freak:)
your welcome (i'm French ;))

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 05:58
I think they might be afraid of Sony LoL.
I dont think thats the case because they would not have shown us the videos same consecuenses. It does look great so give it to us. Prety please

felonyr301
August 14th, 2006, 05:59
seems promising and oh my god guys reading a couple of ya posts gives me a headache no offense but please reread what ya post and fix as much as you can i mean mines not perfect but oh god lol.

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 06:01
i hope my posts are readable....:)

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:02
Man i wish theyd release it before sony that will fire them up

pkmaximum
August 14th, 2006, 06:03
Nothing is more pathetic when I see people begging for something that hasn't been released yet! Be patient people, and after all there is no guarentee this is real yet to don't even get your hopes up!

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:08
Nothing is more pathetic when I see people begging for something that hasn't been released yet! Be patient people, and after all there is no guarentee this is real yet to don't even get your hopes up!
Hey instine did you look at the videos its real. And we are just messing aroung about releasing it. Actually i was never a fan of the PSX so chill dude

pkmaximum
August 14th, 2006, 06:13
Wow by instinct you automatically thought I was talking to you, I just mentioned I thought it was pathetic when people beg for an emulator that has yet to be released. And you automatically lash our at me thinking I was refering to you. By lashing out at me you just make it seem like you were beggin fro the emulator. And by the way "instine" that is cute don't blame me because your joke was not really that funny, as we can't really tell signs of emotion on what the hell you mean in a text conversation.

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 06:14
thats why we have emoticons :D

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:17
If you where or wherent i dont care. Im making a point that some people are just joking and know that this kind of stuff takes time. Yeah though i see hat you mean i was trying to spell instead but you know i have notting against you. My friend and i still love your avatar i wish i had it for mi NES emu

BL4Z3D247
August 14th, 2006, 06:20
thats why we have emoticons :D
lol :D

zodttd
August 14th, 2006, 06:40
Figured I'd put my "two cents" in, considering I need ten posts to figure out who sent me a PM... :)

I'd like to hear from LDChen on this as well.
(if you're reading this LDChen, please PM me as psx4all is now working on the PocketPC and would like to know how to coexist with FPSEce)

I hope everyone doesn't get too excited over PSXP just yet, as it seems to only run small homebrew scene demos right now. It's usually the first leap into the path of a working emulator that can eventually run commercial games.

It's one to look out for, but there's other threads about more promising projects for ps1 emulation here.

I don't have a PSP but from the sounds of it, PS1 emulation should be more adept to the PSP. The PSP has two MIPs processors which are similar to the R3000A processor in the PS1. It also has a vfpu instruction set that can handle the matrix math for the GTE. So with a bit of time a fullspeed emulator for the PSP is feasible. If the "media engine" aka a second MIPS processor could be used in a way that lets the PS1 emulator be threaded, it would help greatly. The MIPS processor could make things easier for creating a dynarec. And there's enough memory for the dynarec's translation cache.

It looks like there's some promising ps1 emulators out there for this being developed, but from the sounds of things, there still needs to be some progress before it will be feasible (near full speed).

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:42
zodttd i totally agree with you on this

zodttd
August 14th, 2006, 07:09
I appreciate it. When psx4all ran on a similar MIPS processor clocked at ~400MHz (it's faster clock for clock than the PSP as well though) on a Linux based handheld PMP called the V43, it ran nearly fullspeed for most 2D games, and although playable on more intense 3D games, it wasn't fullspeed. Though the V43 porting only took about 2 days to make, it could be optimized much more for that specific hardware. In the case of a PSP, most ps1 emulators that are open source were abandoned in early stages, leaving them incompatible and in need of a lot of work. With a lot of work, some time, and the ability to optimize the emulator specifically for the PSP like mentioned above, it can be done. My speculation is that PSXP is still working at getting the foundation of their emulator up and going. If they're taking the hard way of starting from scratch and writing their own ps1 emulator, that would be the best option. They would be able to write it specifically for their purpose. It's also the option that takes a considerable amount of time to show progress, but if they made it far enough to show demos, they are on their way.

Take what I say with the warning that I haven't developed for the PSP, so I have no hands on expierence with it's performance and ease of some of it's functionality.

jman420
August 14th, 2006, 07:18
what realy threw me off on the real scale was the scrolling words on the bottom of the screen(on the first vid) it seems like it could be real, but it could also just be a simple screenshot of a game being played, and on top of that, it was homebrew game demos, so even if this is a real working emulator, it might not support commercial games for quite some time...

either way! looks like it could be promising :D I would much prefer to play an ISO of my already purchased PSX games, rather then paying sony yet again for a game I already have...

I give it a 6 on the real scale..

Herein, where the prospect of "Real" is said, I refer to a scale of 1 to 10 of a possability of this being real..

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 07:52
I agree jman420. If sony atleast took in consideration the fact that we own this games and took there price downthen id consider buying them but not for even 4usd

gangsta_psp
August 14th, 2006, 08:18
When I see the binaries in my face, I`ll believe it.

PSmonkey
August 14th, 2006, 08:42
fyi, the emu is real. I know who has been working on it and a rough idea where it's current status is.

The emu does run some comercial games but still far from perfect. I keep bugging the author to post something with a comercial game running but he wont budge till things are better.

oh well.

BL4Z3D247
August 14th, 2006, 08:55
fyi, the emu is real. I know who has been working on it and a rough idea where it's current status is.

The emu does run some comercial games but still far from perfect. I keep bugging the author to post something with a comercial game running but he wont budge till things are better.

oh well.
thanx for the info Monk :D...i don't suppose u know what commercial games were running huh?

dejkirkby
August 14th, 2006, 08:59
This is gonna be the biggest homebrew to hit the psp in ages. PSXP guys, Take your time and perfect this baby and blow $ony out of the water!

mr_nick666
August 14th, 2006, 09:04

oh well.

This is really real, eh!? :eek: Now Im impressed! :D I definately agree its a shame we cant see commercial roms running - that'd be the test! :o

razorak
August 14th, 2006, 09:40
i'm praying wif all my heart that it is eloader friendly...

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 09:57
It took the great coder Monkey so people start beliving. Thanks monkey for confirming this.

kersplatty
August 14th, 2006, 10:03
wow this is for real so will this be out by the 1st of september snipr? Im right in saying this isnt the version of a ps1 emu that runs that rally game is it

Uruz 6
August 14th, 2006, 10:55
wow this is for real so will this be out by the 1st of september snipr?

I would be glad to wait a couple of month if it would mean DECENT fps, even with no sound, on games like ff7.
But I guess I'm the only one huh? :)

R4mbo
August 14th, 2006, 11:27
It seems like the french people rewl the world soon ^^

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 12:26
It seems like the french people rewl the world soon ^^

Nah, not a chance.... that credit already goes to Japan with the legend that is NJ! :D

That fact that he's sorted out all the Neo Geo games, CPS1 and CPS2 is just amazing.

I am looking forward to a PS1 emulator though, but to be honest there isnt that many games that float my boat (with the exception of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid and Spyro).

mr_nick666
August 14th, 2006, 12:31
Nah, not a chance.... that credit already goes to Japan with the legend that is NJ! :D

That fact that he's sorted out all the Neo Geo games, CPS1 and CPS2 is just amazing.

I am looking forward to a PS1 emulator though, but to be honest there isnt that many games that float my boat (with the exception of Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid and Spyro).

What about FFVII, Crash Bash, Crash Team Racing and Soul Reaver to name a few! ;)

one winged angel
August 14th, 2006, 12:42
this is a dream that is to come out for me (FF7,FF8,)

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 12:55
What about FFVII, Crash Bash, Crash Team Racing and Soul Reaver to name a few! ;)

FFVII was quite good, but I wasn’t a big fan of any of the other games you’ve listed.

I’m hoping that in time the N64 emu will kick ass (I’d rather play Mario Kart any day compared to the poor substitutes like Crash Team on PS).

...and don’t get me wrong, there were some great games on the system (I owned 3 Playstations and literally played em all to death) but to me the majority were just plain mediocre.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 12:58
Not again every thread has to have something about FF VII. NOoooooooooooooooo

aries2k4
August 14th, 2006, 13:07
Thanks for the info PsMonkey. helps the credibility of this. keep it coming guys.

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 13:08
Not again every thread has to have something about FF VII. NOoooooooooooooooo

Haha...

I'd much rather have The Legend of Zelda OCT (even with the shite fog effects that came with the N64)! :D

Timale-Kun
August 14th, 2006, 13:09
You said French, Let me have a look on this^^

benn
August 14th, 2006, 13:09
why do people keep goading Sony?
shut the f*ck up until the emulator is running full speed with sound etc.
then, at that point, open your mouth and stick it to Sony if you want.
though take a moment to consider the irony of hating the company whose machine you are playing with an emulation of their previous machine. i am not a sony fan boy, i aint anyones fan boy! just a fan of gaming and i dont care whose machine i use i just wanna have fun.
i just dont understand why you would keep taking the piss out of Sony when they could probably shut these french guys down overnight if they really wanted. and consider the fact we still do not know this is real. and it has not been used on a commercial rom. and there is a very long way to go on this emu - take button mapping for instance (R2&L2 anyone?), save states, etc etc.
my 2cent/pence

stJimmy
August 14th, 2006, 13:30
though take a moment to consider the irony of hating the company whose machine you are playing with an emulation of their previous machine. i am not a sony fan boy, i aint anyones fan boy! just a fan of gaming and i dont care whose machine i use i just wanna have fun.
i just dont understand why you would keep taking the piss out of Sony when they could probably shut these french guys down overnight if they really wanted. and consider the fact we still do not know this is real. and it has not been used on a commercial rom. and there is a very long way to go on this emu - take button mapping for instance (R2&L2 anyone?), save states, etc etc.
my 2cent/pence

I agree Benn:)

Panini
August 14th, 2006, 14:23
Most playstion one games were cack, only a handful were actually stand out classics.

I’ll be very impressed if (or when?) this emulator runs upto speed. Good luck to the programmers.

I aint dissing sony, I luv my psp and ps2, just dont have a lot of love left for the original playstation

carpy
August 14th, 2006, 14:28
Most playstion one games were cack, only a handful were actually stand out classics.

:rolleyes:

kersplatty
August 14th, 2006, 15:22
i missed the ff7 era as i never owned a ps1 when it first came out and playing it now its hard to get used to the graphics. So ill play it on psp:D

jimmi
August 14th, 2006, 15:22
Is anybody not woried about the controls, im mean im all for ps1 and this emu is goin on like a treat, but we need anuva analog stick and 2 more shoulder buttons ?

just wondering

klisejo
August 14th, 2006, 15:27
my 2cent/pence

People keep goading Sony because the psp is a piece of shit without homebrew. UMD Movies? Mediocre games? Firmware bullshit?

I own a psp. I own a couple mem sticks. Nothing else. Not one umd, why? Because Sony dropped the ball hard. There hasn’t been an A+ since Liberty City last October. Psp owners are disillusioned. We rejoice when we see coders move the system forward. We lament when Sony sits there and jerks off. Their active attack on the homebrew scene, the one good thing about the system, has embittered us. Why do people goad Sony? 2.71 firmware......

klisejo
August 14th, 2006, 15:29

I’ll be very impressed if (or when?) this emulator runs upto speed. Good luck to the programmers.

I aint dissing sony, I luv my psp and ps2, just dont have a lot of love left for the original playstation

I take it you went with the n64 back then and got stuck playing only goldeneye for a year.

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 15:30
People keep goading Sony because the psp is a piece of shit without homebrew. UMD Movies? Mediocre games? Firmware bullshit?

I own a psp. I own a couple mem sticks. Nothing else. Not one umd, why? Because Sony dropped the ball hard. There hasn’t been an A+ since Liberty City last October. Psp owners are disillusioned. We rejoice when we see coders move the system forward. We lament when Sony sits there and jerks off. Their active attack on the homebrew scene, the one good thing about the system, has embittered us. Why do people goad Sony? 2.71 firmware......

HERE HERE! :D

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 15:31
Is anybody not woried about the controls, im mean im all for ps1 and this emu is goin on like a treat, but we need anuva analog stick and 2 more shoulder buttons ?

just wondering

The playstation didnt have an analog stick, so it should be quite good on the PSP.

QueadlunnRau
August 14th, 2006, 15:37
My jaw has dropped ... I am in awe ...

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 15:38
My jaw has dropped ... I am in awe ...
Everyone's feeling that. Completly normal. lol :)

jimmi
August 14th, 2006, 15:44
The playstation didnt have an analog stick, so it should be quite good on the PSP.

cheers for dat , just curious

Panini
August 14th, 2006, 15:50
I take it you went with the n64 back then and got stuck playing only goldeneye for a year.

ha, u r not too far from the truth. I did cane that game for a long time because nothing else from that era even came close to it (the best console multiplayer shooter ever?), but i also luved Super Smash Bro, Mario Kart, Super mario, zelda, 1080 degree snowboarding, Star fox, Perfect Dark blah blah blah :D

but the way tings are going I will have the best of both worlds eventualy on my beloved psp

jimmi
August 14th, 2006, 16:10
i rememba my lovely n64, zelda OOT, zelda MM, Goldeneye and perfect dark, that was all i needed ever, but i had my ffs 2 . yes 6 7 8 and 9

*sad*

mlcurly16
August 14th, 2006, 16:18

Ermn, yes it did.

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 16:19
Ermn, yes it did.
Not the first games...

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 16:23
yeah. the only game i can think of right now that used the analog sticks was ape escape. cant remember anything else atm.:confused:

Baboon
August 14th, 2006, 16:58
Ermn, yes it did.

doh... yep, sorry i stand corrected. It didnt have one when it first came out but sony later released the dual shock pad for it.

jimmi
August 14th, 2006, 17:02
now serously i can wait for this ....but dnt rush it man we need a perfect job !

SteveV2
August 14th, 2006, 17:58
Hahaha. I love it when someone lists up all the greatest N64 games, you 5 followed by blah blah blah. They stood out so much you only remember them blah :)

The PSX didn't have analog to start with and just about all the games that came out after the pad redesign still worked either way.

Just flicking through my PSX folder, the likes of, Tomba 1+2, Bishi Bashi Special 1+2, Everybodys Golf, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot all, Medal Of Honour, Fifa 99, V Rally, Ridge Racer 1/2/4, Driver, Destruction Derby 2, Wipeout 2097, Chrono Cross, Wild Arms, Grandia, Legend Of Dragoon, Marvel Superheros vs Street Fighter, Ehrgeiz, Thrill Kill, Tekken 1/2/3, Dead or Alive, Soul Blade, Silent Hill, Blade, Die Hard, Point Blank1/2/3, Thunderforce 5, Tomb Raider1/2/3/4/5, Guitar Freax, Ballistic, Tony Hawk 1/2/3, Dave Mirra, Mat Hoffmans, Mr Driller, Broken Sword, Kula World, Worms, Spiderman, Dance Dance Revoulution, Bust a Move 2/4, Dino Crisis 1/2, AK Smash Court Tennis, blah, blah, blah :D

danny666
August 14th, 2006, 19:24
i just cant wait to play the reident evil games anywhere:D

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 19:26
i just cant wait to play the reident evil games anywhere:D
imagine the possibilities....
The PSP is really turning into a computer.
-Multimedia
-Web Browser
-Emulators of pretty much everything
-Commercial Games (that's a bonus) :D

kcajblue
August 14th, 2006, 20:34
imagine the possibilities....
The PSP is really turning into a computer.
-Multimedia
-Web Browser
-Emulators of pretty much everything
-Commercial Games (that's a bonus) :D

yeah. the psp is able to do a lot. i cant wait for it to be able to make me breakfast. lol :D

Accordion
August 14th, 2006, 20:47
that isnt as far fetched as it first sounds....very possible

felonyr301
August 14th, 2006, 22:33
theres always a downside to everything that is good to the psp.

Festizzio
August 14th, 2006, 23:11
yeah. the psp is able to do a lot. i cant wait for it to be able to make me breakfast. lol :D
Yes, a breakfast machine. "Ahh! All it does is shoot you! What the hell!! What the hell.":)

Tinnus
August 15th, 2006, 03:57
...time is coming....

pkmaximum
August 15th, 2006, 07:32
Hmmm I am rather happy that PSmonkey backed this emulator ^_^ But if its fake its PSmonkey's head =O !!!!

LOL j/p as I don't always put 100% into anything that I don't at least see a proof of concept for. But I do think that this emulator is real on a 9 out of the 10 scale were I thought that the bogus hle when it was talked about was about a 3 out of 10 (only because it hit the front page of pspupdates) Anyway I can't wait for this emulator to make great progress, I'm interested in a lot of games that were for the PSX, even Breath of Fire IV that wasn't ported, and it will be great to play that after I finish the real commercial game for the PSP "Breath of Fire III"

Also as far as buttom mapping goes, I'm not to concerned as something like this can be done:

( First off the 2nd analog is not required as most games didn't require it, and the ones that did (syphon filter) still was compatible with a normal ps1 controller)

PSP PS1

X X
[] []
Triangle Triangle
O O
Start Start
Select R1+L1 convert to R2+L2
Music Note Select
D-Pad D-Pad
Analog Nub D-Pad
R R1/R2 (Depending if note)
L L1/L2 (^^^^^)

Also customizable button mapping will also help for those, that will need a different control scheme for certain games, like Castle Vania symphony of the Night those controls will work fine though, but for games like Final Fantasy VII you might want to tweak the controls a bit, even though they should still be fine in any matter =P

Well sry for the long post guys, but I try my best not to make useless ones XD

carrotman97
August 17th, 2006, 17:03
Hmmm I am rather happy that PSmonkey backed this emulator ^_^ But if its fake its PSmonkey's head =O !!!!

LOL j/p as I don't always put 100% into anything that I don't at least see a proof of concept for. But I do think that this emulator is real on a 9 out of the 10 scale were I thought that the bogus hle when it was talked about was about a 3 out of 10 (only because it hit the front page of pspupdates) Anyway I can't wait for this emulator to make great progress, I'm interested in a lot of games that were for the PSX, even Breath of Fire IV that wasn't ported, and it will be great to play that after I finish the real commercial game for the PSP "Breath of Fire III"

Also as far as buttom mapping goes, I'm not to concerned as something like this can be done:

( First off the 2nd analog is not required as most games didn't require it, and the ones that did (syphon filter) still was compatible with a normal ps1 controller)

PSP PS1

X X
[] []
Triangle Triangle
O O
Start Start
Select R1+L1 convert to R2+L2
Music Note Select
D-Pad D-Pad
Analog Nub D-Pad
R R1/R2 (Depending if note)
L L1/L2 (^^^^^)

Also customizable button mapping will also help for those, that will need a different control scheme for certain games, like Castle Vania symphony of the Night those controls will work fine though, but for games like Final Fantasy VII you might want to tweak the controls a bit, even though they should still be fine in any matter =P

Well sry for the long post guys, but I try my best not to make useless ones XD

i thought the psp has a select button:D
dose anyone think that sony will give up improving the psp?
because no sooner do they say that there building a ps1 emu, the homebrew community go one better:p

Sousanator
September 2nd, 2006, 14:09
So,, its sept 2nd where i live,
where is this though

Kramer
September 2nd, 2006, 14:57
So,, its sept 2nd where i live,
where is this though

$n!pr has allready said the coders of this stopped working on this for a bit to code the 2.71 downgrader.

aries2k4
September 2nd, 2006, 16:45
well Yoshi, didn´t work on the downdater.

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 17:28
well Yoshi, didn´t work on the downdater.
yes he did