PDA

View Full Version : Wii's MASSIVE Launch Lineup: 27 Titles

wraggster
August 14th, 2006, 06:37
With the Wii launch hiding somewhere in the next 3 months, we can't help but to brim with excitement while thinking about what we'll be playing on Wii-day (which is our favorite term for the day the Wii launches). If your worried about the Wii suffering from the lackluster launch day the DS did, you can put all those fears to rest.
We went back to count just how many games had been confirmed for the Wii so far, and were wonderfully surprised to find 27 confirmed launch titles coming to the Wii. Can you say 'biggest game console launch in history'? This isn't a little collection of obscure third-party games nor two-thirds of sports titles either, we're talking a list with some serious big-hitters. Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, and Red Steel top a list of widely diverse and interesting titles.

Some quick comparisons. The Xbox 360 launched last year with 18 games in the US, although only a handfull were exclusive, and 11 of them were sports games. The Wii counters with it's games spanning numerous genres (maybe even inventing some new ones) and over 20 exclusive titles. The PS3 is currently sitting at 15 confirmed games on it's November 17th launch day. Of course, this is expected to increase in the next few months. That said, the current Wii launch list (which you can see below) is far from final, and we wouldn't say it's a stretch to expect to see at least 30 games on launch day. If that doesn't get you excited about the Wii, you have no soul.

Title Publisher
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Blitz: The League Midway

Call of Duty 3 Activision
Cars THQ
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Atari
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Square Enix
Elebits Konami
Excite Truck Nintendo
Far Cry Ubisoft
GT Pro Series Ubisoft
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers Square Enix
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Nintendo
Madden NFL 07 EA

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Activision
Metal Slug Anthology SNK
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo
Monster 4x4 World Circuit Ubisoft
Need for Speed: Carbon EA
Open Season Ubisoft
Rayman Raving Rabbids Ubisoft
Red Steel Ubisoft
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab THQ
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Sega
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Activision
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Atlus
Wii Sports Nintendo

One last note of interest. Worried about that post-launch drought? Well, if we don't see 'em at launch, remember Super Mario Galaxy, WarioWare, Fire Emblem, Prince of Persia, Sonic, and of course Super Smash Bros. Brawl aren't very far behind.

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 06:39
Man trauma center , metroid prime 3 and zelda i will buy for sure

V3N0M
August 14th, 2006, 07:09
Wow. Crap i think i'm getten a Wii. lol

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 16:32
Holly crap. I'm getting a Wii too. :eek:

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 14th, 2006, 17:02
How could you not get a Wii with so many awesome launch titles.

SSaxdude
August 14th, 2006, 17:40
My parents won't let me buy anymore systems because they say I have too many. I'll probably get a Wii when it gets mod chipped (or sell some of my double systems.)

cyrien
August 14th, 2006, 18:37
The Wii and its lineup look so great... I just wiied all over myself.

gazocool
August 15th, 2006, 14:00
i am definitely getting a wii it is the coolest games console ever!!!:cool: by the way you may be pleased to know that its coming out in september!!!

gazocool
August 15th, 2006, 14:11
im getting zelda super smash bros. pokemon battle revolution wario ware smooth moves and super mario galaxy they will be priced at £29.99 to £39.99 :D :D :D

NoQuarter
August 15th, 2006, 14:12
wii,wii
for goodness's sake metroid prime!!!!
Maybe nintendo will make up for it's mistakes with the gamecube.
I know I'm getting this system,starting to get kinda cold to the ps3.Unless sony pulls a cat outa the bag.
holy carp batman,september!!!

gazocool
August 15th, 2006, 14:13
:) :) :) :D :D :D when i get a wii i will play it 24 hours a day 7 days a week
when i got a gamecube i stayed up until abut 5 o clock in the morning playing it
:D

mastersho
August 15th, 2006, 22:11
HAHAHAH! I got Red Steel reseved and i gots about 500 buck saved for my Wii/DS needs! I/me ready for the wii. Thank You Nintendo,Thank You!

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 22:12
HAHAHAH! I got Red Steel reseved and i gots about 500 buck saved for my Wii/DS needs! I/me ready for the wii. Thank You Nintendo,Thank You!
It's nice to know that your are financially prepared for the future. ;)

philr359
August 18th, 2006, 02:59
omg that is a MASSIVE Wii

launch linup

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:53
dang it tony hawks project 8 isnt on there

mastersho
August 19th, 2006, 20:00
I wish nintendo would give a release date(come on September!!) and a price for the Wii(come on 200-250$)

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 20:41
I wish nintendo would give a release date(come on September!!) and a price for the Wii(come on 200-250$)
They're telling us everything on Monday. :)

Malksta
August 19th, 2006, 21:31
Cool Lineup but im only gonna be buying Zelda,Smash Bro's and Mario, Unless, they develope a new game that will Interest me :D