PDA

View Full Version : Dreamshell 4.0 Beta 4

wraggster
August 19th, 2010, 18:51
News via http://www.dreamcast.es/news.php?readmore=366#comments

Without making much noise, our Russian friends have just update the Dreamshell with abundant and juicy news !

http://www.youtube.com/v/4-2hI5kPdRg

Then the original CHANGELOG (English ):

- Reworked video rendering. Now I runs A Separate process freeze That Allows Not all of the DS for work , or What the command, and the performance of this 've Contributed positively.
- Added support for external commands. Teams Represent Themselves separately compiled programs ( ELF format) , or lua scripts. Are They in the directory cmds .
- Updated fatfs library (to work with SD card) to the latest version , as well as STI Improve performance in the DS.
- Module now SDIS is Not the module, it is now Design AS external command. It Also Has Been fatfs updated library and added support for long filenames .
- New command:
- bios: This command Allows you to flash a BIOS (if You Have a bios mod)
- gdrip : Team to rip GD- ROM to the SD card.
- hack: This hack for command LBA in a binary file. Maybe hack the binary ISO directly in the image.
- ffdev : Command to work with the SD card.
- dreameye : The command to save and delete photos from your camera dreameye .
- Luaces - lua scripts to bytecode Compiler .
- and other ...
Some Just Been handed down internal to external commands , to Facilitate a little core of DS.
- A Refined little file manager. There Were tooltips in the toolbar , as well as in the header shows the current path .
Also it has built -in support firmware bios (when you click on the file extension. bios) and rip GD- ROM.
- Added an application to install DreamShell in bios ( if You Have a bios mod). Now You Can load directly DreamShell Without disc with bios and SD card!
- Added a new app Region Changer 1.8.
- Added initial support network.
- Added module lwIP , Which Is an alternative to built -in support network.
- Zip and bzip2 libraries Were made in Separate modules, to ease the DS core.
- Added a virtual keyboard , Which works as a console and a GUI .
- Now L / R Shift of the joystick, you-can call the console and the virtual keyboard.
- Speed up loading the DS core.
- Added the mouseover and mouseout events to GUI buttons.
- New features in the API.
- Lots of bug fixes and optimizations .
- A little Refined boot DS with an SD card.

As endnoteThe module does not work when Dreamshell SDIS is loaded from the bios (yeah yeah .... from the bios !) .

It is therefore a discharge required for those who already used it (and very valid to others hehe). You will find it on their website .

More information and downloads (CDI , SDK , Docs ... ) -> http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/20.html

crimsonnight
September 18th, 2010, 11:37
I have a dreamcast with an SD slot (the latest portable from techknott). I'm having problems with getting dreamshell (4.0 beta 4) to recognise the SD card though. I'm using a 16GB SDHC card formatted in FAT32 - I'm guessing I'm way off - would someone mind letting me know if I am using an acceptable card and also how I should be formatting it?

The other thing is, should the normal file manager within DreamShell recognise the SD card or should I only use the 'DreamShell from SD Loader'? (I have tried both)

Would really appreciate some help!