PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Blog News - A big Thank You!

wraggster
August 20th, 2010, 00:24
News via http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

What? No news? Dammit!

Well, the boards (200 AFAIK) are on the way to UK due to arrive next week and will be built then, no more news in that area.

BUT I wanted to make a big thank you post!
Not another of those boring "thank you for waiting"-posts (we are thankful, REALLY thankful, but I think I thanked you for that for quite a few times already... and I think you know we are thankful :))

No, I wanted to personally say thankful for all the encouraging eMails, messages and words I (and the whole team) got from you during the last few days.

You might've seen there was some negativity on the boards - and sometimes, I had some harsh answers for them. If anyone feels personally attacked by them, I want to apologize. I was (well, am, to be honest ;)) really quite stressed.

These are no easy times for us:
Imagine you have thousands of people sitting in your back, waiting for their Pandora - you basically owe them a lot of money. You got a lot of work to do (like working on fixing existing issues, answer questions on the board, doing your normal real-life job for earning your food, try to get various companies on the phone to find out what's happening, etc.). This really is a heavy burden for you.
If you're in that state, every post that does sound a bit negative actually sounds way more negative, demotivates you and puts you in a bad temper... then, if you press the Reply-Button, you will most definately choose the wrong words for your post.

If that happens - please, don't take it personally. We're just humans - and sometimes, we're pretty much worn out, too :)

However, I was very happy to receive some encouraging words and find some encouraging posts on the board (I really like the "I could sell 10 in an instant if I would have them here" or "I would never part with my Pandora!"-ones - it shows the concept of our device really has worked well, so all that's left is speed up the production).

So, THANKS for your encouraging words! It really makes life easier for us - and motivates us to work on things even more.

I don't want to say that you should not post if your Pandora has any issues.
EVERY device has issues - especially new devices from small companies :)
Tell us what problems to have to encourage us what things we need to improve and take care in the future.
This will not only help making future units more reliable - it will also help making YOUR unit better. i.e. if any part of your Pandora like your LCD cable or a Nub fails sometimes in the future, the replaced one will be made better based on the feedback we get.
The best thing to help us is to drop an eMail to your distributor what you think is an issue with your unit. There's no need reporting the same issues over and over again at the boards - but it sure helps us finding out what can be improved.

Believe us: We are as eager as you speeding up production and are working together with the company, and seeing that they did 300 in the last two weeks is a good start after the stallment because of the nub issues.
It still is not as fast as we want it to but this is the main priority we're working on, that's something you can be sure about.

Oh - and I'll still do the happiness dance when production is finally going steady, as promised :D

So thanks for reading... no real news this time, but this really was on my mind and it did good just writing it down.

Let's meet at the boards and keep them a fun and happy place to post :)