PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R4

Zack
August 20th, 2010, 19:45
Hey guys, here is my second neoflash comp 2010 entry.

If you like it please vote for it here : Neoflash (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6301.0.html)

Project Description

Snes9X Euphoria R4, is a Snes emulator for the PSP that plays most games at full speed. It supports most roms.

-- Changes in this version :

Rendering Rehash - Speed Up.
Function clean up - Small speed up.
Fixed Memory stick read error.
Various fixes.

Issues

If you click load new game and the game just sits on a black screen... Click the home button again then press "reset snes".

Screenshots
http://www.retroemu.com/dk2.png
http://www.retroemu.com/contra.png

Download

Snes9x Euphoria R4 (http://www.retroemu.com/Snes9x_Euphoria.zip)

demonolith
August 21st, 2010, 00:53
Awesome! New emulators are always good

Eviltaco64
August 21st, 2010, 04:19
Welcome back, Zack!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU Just replace Kotter's name with yours in your mind.

In all seriousness, though, it's nice to see that you're working on this emulator again! I hope you still have the same goal you did when you started out (fullspeed Kirby Superstar). ;)

jctrupez
August 21st, 2010, 05:23
not work for me, when loading a several games gives me herror and freezes,my psp is a fat 5.00 m33 6

Bastion
August 21st, 2010, 06:19
not work for me, when loading a several games gives me herror and freezes,my psp is a fat 5.00 m33 6

Do you have a lot of roms in the same folder? If so, break them up into numerous folders and it will no longer crash. This worked for me.

SmashinGit
August 22nd, 2010, 10:54
Thanks alot Zack, awesome.

SmashinGit
August 22nd, 2010, 16:18
Anyone having problems with Mario Kart, no matter what setting I put the emulator on I cant see the options screen at the beginning.

AshTR
August 22nd, 2010, 17:58
Ah yes, more good stuff from the awesome Zack.

I always consider you the best leftover homebrew dev since your Wolf 3D port ended up being pretty good.

SmashinGit
August 22nd, 2010, 20:55
Sorted it out, had to go to misc/hack/debug menu and turn window clipping to off.

demonolith
August 22nd, 2010, 21:21
Sorted it out, had to go to misc/hack/debug menu and turn window clipping to off.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe that'll help me to get a few games working in terms of graphics

Oops
August 22nd, 2010, 23:47
Hi Zack, thanks for your work on the Snes emulation on PSP, it's much appreciated :)

I got a bug to report to you: the emu crashes the PSP during startup (black screen followed by a poweroff) when launched by IRShell from a "category view" folder, meaning a folder named like this:

ms0:/soft/$emulation$/snex9x_euphoria_r4/

Otherwise when launched by irshell from a 'standard' folder, (eg: ms0:/psp/game/snes9x_euphoria_r4), the emu starts and runs fine.

The PSP is a fat 5.00M33-6 with IRShell 5.00.

Also I got a suggestion about the menu: unlike the original one, the new menu is less convenient to use because you can't tell anymore by advance the 2/3 next categories (video, system, cheats etc) because you see only one at a time so you can't say 'ok 2 mores keypresses and I'll reach the desired category'. Also I found the previous 'circular' style more pleasant to look at because equilibrated all over the screen, but that's just my opinion :)

Anyway, thanks for your efforts, cheers Zack.

Zack
August 23rd, 2010, 19:13
Hi Zack, thanks for your work on the Snes emulation on PSP, it's much appreciated :)

I got a bug to report to you: the emu crashes the PSP during startup (black screen followed by a poweroff) when launched by IRShell from a "category view" folder, meaning a folder named like this:

ms0:/soft/$emulation$/snex9x_euphoria_r4/

Otherwise when launched by irshell from a 'standard' folder, (eg: ms0:/psp/game/snes9x_euphoria_r4), the emu starts and runs fine.

The PSP is a fat 5.00M33-6 with IRShell 5.00.

Also I got a suggestion about the menu: unlike the original one, the new menu is less convenient to use because you can't tell anymore by advance the 2/3 next categories (video, system, cheats etc) because you see only one at a time so you can't say 'ok 2 mores keypresses and I'll reach the desired category'. Also I found the previous 'circular' style more pleasant to look at because equilibrated all over the screen, but that's just my opinion :)

Anyway, thanks for your efforts, cheers Zack.

I will take those suggestions into consideration :) Glad you like it.

nickerous
August 24th, 2010, 03:28
Won't load for me on 5.00 M33-6. All I get is a black screen and then a system reset. I've got 3 folders of roms with 20 in each folder. Is that too many?

odino
August 24th, 2010, 15:26
Won't load for me on 5.00 M33-6. All I get is a black screen and then a system reset. I've got 3 folders of roms with 20 in each folder. Is that too many?

Me too, but on the first m33 work fine. Anyway, Zack my screen has too ghosting, can you add a black level adjustment option?

jxx2005
August 26th, 2010, 02:29
love this emulator!
so much faster than the other versions of snes9x i've used, but much less stable

Dembonz
August 28th, 2010, 05:36
Thanks very much Zack. Unfortunately it crashes my 2000 with 5.00 M33-6. Any suggestions?

adventure_of_link
January 23rd, 2011, 00:26
Hi Zack,

first off thanks for making (continuing? not too sure if this is based off Snes9X TYL or not, then again the ROM loading screens and such ARE similar ;);)) Snes9X Euphoria, especially with the recent signing of homebrews and the HEN Pro!! :)

I regret that my post here is mostly a problem I'm having with Snes9X euphoria... :(

first off, I am using PSP 3001 Piano Black edition running official 6.35 firmware. I am also using Snes9x Euphoria R4.

When I try and sign your software (either through PSencrypt or PRX hacker) the software will load fine, and then it'll black screen crash and send me back to XMB. I don't even get to so much as load a ROM.

HOWEVER, I tried this Pro HEN, the emulator actually worked and loaded with it, except every time I tried loading a ROM it would just hang there. I can select a ROM, it will try to load, show all the ROM info and detect speedhacks, etc. but after that it just hangs there. I take it this might be related to that having a billion and one ROMs in the same folder thing, right?

EDIT: I just tried splitting my ROMs into different directories, and actually this didn't solve my problem... and pressing the home button did nothing, btw.

Double EDIT: I also tried moving the one ROM I was going to play into the root of Snes9x Euphoria, loaded it, and it STILL hangs there... UGH.

adventure_of_link
January 25th, 2011, 17:31
*bump*

anyone? :(:confused:

Sonicboy 101
January 25th, 2011, 19:54
AFAIK you cant sign any emulators yet, they won't work.

adventure_of_link
January 25th, 2011, 20:40
AFAIK you cant sign any emulators yet, they won't work.

thanks for the reply, but I coulda swore several emulators (like NesterJ, picodrive, and FCEUX or whatever) could be signed though... :confused:

oh well, hopefully the other issue can be resolved...

adventure_of_link
January 28th, 2011, 07:35
**UPDATE**

Just wanted to pop in here with an update. It turns out that Snes9X Euphoria works BEAUTIFULLY with 6.20 firmware. I downgraded my PSP using the downgrader by Davee and I tested it. Of course, only certain PSP 3000 series models will work with it (thankfully my Piano Black 3001 worked with it :D:D:D:D:thumbup:); all PSP Gos AFAIK will work with it. Search Google for the downgrader.

You will also need the TN-C HEN for 6.20 as well. Oh yeah, don't bother signing this one. It will work signed on 6.20, but you need the HEN for it to work. So signing is just a waste of time, for the time being.

Zack
January 28th, 2011, 12:02
**UPDATE**

Just wanted to pop in here with an update. It turns out that Snes9X Euphoria works BEAUTIFULLY with 6.20 firmware. I downgraded my PSP using the downgrader by Davee and I tested it. Of course, only certain PSP 3000 series models will work with it (thankfully my Piano Black 3001 worked with it :D:D:D:D:thumbup:); all PSP Gos AFAIK will work with it. Search Google for the downgrader.

You will also need the TN-C HEN for 6.20 as well. Oh yeah, don't bother signing this one. It will work signed on 6.20, but you need the HEN for it to work. So signing is just a waste of time, for the time being.

Thanks for the info mate :)

adventure_of_link
January 28th, 2011, 20:12
Thanks for the info mate :)

no problem buddy. :D

Thank you for working hard on this emulator :thumbup:. there's still some imperfections, but those will take time to iron out..

EDIT: I forgot to mention that obviously you will need the official 6.20 firmware EBOOT in order to downgrade... as always, Google for it.