PDA

View Full Version : HBL for OFW 6.30/6.31, release in less than a week

wraggster
August 21st, 2010, 19:33
News via http://wololo.net/wagic/2010/08/18/half-byte-loader-ready-for-ofw-6-306-31-release-in-less-than-a-week/

Coder J416′ s announced a few hours ago that his port for HBL on 6.31 is ready.

He had encountered issues unloading the main module of the game (understand: freeing some Ram for homebrews) so his work was delayed and the port of HBL wasn’t as easy as expected, but he figured out a solution to this critical issue yesterday, and announced that his code is almost ready. He announced on his blog that the release, as planned, would be done this month, most likely in less than a week.

The game used for the exploit is available on UMD and its name will be announced soon as well. It hasn’t been confirmed yet if this game is available on PSN (I’ll update this post as soon as I know). JP, US and EU versions of the game exist, although for now the exploit only works on the JP version (mostly because no hacker has worked on the US/EU versions yet, but there’s a good chance the exploit exists in those versions too, which we will of course investigate).

I will keep you updated as I get more news, if you can read Japanese you can follow the news on mamosuke’s blog or j416’s blog. I am not directly involved with this port (which was entirely done by j416) so I haven’t personally tested it yet, but mamosuke and j416 have kindly kept me updated in the past weeks (thanks guys ).

I’m extremely excited to see the results. Please keep in mind that HBL “only” allows you to play homebrews, so when the name of the game is released, please don’t buy it for an insane price if you’re expecting to play pirated games, or you’ll be disappointed. Also be sure that Sony will patch this exploit soon after it is released, so I think people who are using HBL with the patapon exploit should keep using it. Upgrading to 6.31 for the ability of playing network games, or connecting to the PSN, will probably just last for a few days/weeks before the exploit gets patched.

Stay tuned