PDA

View Full Version : Cardagain : New Memory Teaser!

wraggster
August 23rd, 2010, 19:58
News/release from Jayenkai

It's been a long while since I last posted a DS game.
I keep meaning to do stuff, but AGameAWeek's been taking up a whole bucketload of my time.
Still, this one's a quicky, and since I already had all the assets ready to go, I was able to clump it together in next to no time.

The Gameplay

Cardagain is a simple puzzler, but one that gets inexplicably harder as you go.

Four cards appear on the table, each with one of two symbols.
You have to remember where each one is, and then they're all flipped over.
Two cards are flipped back, one of each pair, and you then have to flip over the other two in the same order.

As the game progresses, the cards are shuffled around, and more cards are added, leading to a tougher game, as you try to memorise mountains of info all together.

The Youtube video can explain it better. (..yes, it's also on iPhings)

http://www.youtube.com/v/sZQib2WgQ-w

You can download Cardagain for DS here!

The reasonings for it's "Slapped together" appearance

I'm not sure if folk'll play it, since nobody seems to be playing it in any other format , so I haven't spent a lot of time on it.
But I love the game, so I figured I'd let you try it.

This edition is the absolute basics that are needed to play the game.

If anyone does find themselves playing it, let me know, and I'll start putting together a bigger/better edition.

At the moment, there's just a big-ass logo/rulesheet on the top screen, and the whole game takes place on the bottom one.

If I ever do bother to update, I'll switch that out for a highscore table, add in saved scores, and then throw in some of the other card decks and things.
As it stands, it'll do, because all signs point to the fact that nobody'll play it!

Prove me wrong!!

The Download

Grab it here, slap it on your DS Cart, and play away!

Let me know if you think I should build it up a bit.

Ta muchly!

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=17368