PDA

View Full Version : DS emu on psp ?

skater9269
August 15th, 2006, 01:24
Is it possible is it practicle is it ethical comments and whatever else here.

ninja9393
August 15th, 2006, 01:31
i dont think it is possible

tallica
August 15th, 2006, 01:35
not posible you would need a touch screen psp

ninja9393
August 15th, 2006, 01:45
u could use the analog nub but it wouldent be the same

skater9269
August 15th, 2006, 01:45
it is possible on computers it thought split the screen in half put bottom on right top on left and use joy stick for stylus plus the main part of games like mario dont require much use of the touch screen any way although you can just play it on daedalus.

skater9269
August 15th, 2006, 01:47
plus the ds has 4 mb of ram right and what mhz does it run at is the psp capable of emulating the ds cpu

ninja9393
August 15th, 2006, 01:49
yaustar would probobly know this

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 02:45
The DS runs at two ceperate CPU's (one for each screen). One at 67 mhz, and one at 33 mhz. It has 4 MB of RAM, while the PSP has 32 MB. It's probably doable, but doubtful :(.

10shu
August 15th, 2006, 04:27
It do not seem possible to me.:)
Look how hard it is to emulate nintendo system like the gba or the n64.?!

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 04:33
Yeah i think we can scratch the NDS of the PSP seen for now

mavsman4457
August 15th, 2006, 04:41
I think it would be unethical and until a full speed GBA emulator comes out it's not even close to practical. I don't know a bunch about coding though.

jman420
August 15th, 2006, 07:53
it will never happen, PC DS emulators cant even load commercial roms, so a PSP, lol, it just isnt going to work...

And, if we still havent got a GBA emulator, how could it be possible to make a DS emulator :p

and the touchscreen thing just seems assinine to me, I own a PSP and a DS and I couldnt imagine playing either on the other system.. the PSP has a larger screen, and the DS uses touchscreen and microphone for games... it just wouldnt work..

pkmaximum
August 15th, 2006, 08:22
Actually looking over the specs of the DS hardware, it seems very possible to do I don't know what the negative thoughts are for. After all the GBA part is not going to be emulated because the GBA, and the DS are both seperate pieces of hardware, and if DS emulation was to be done you would only see the DS hardware being emulated. Also Ya I do agree on the facet it truly won't be the same, but imagine on what toll it will take on Nintendo owners =P

Rocksil
August 15th, 2006, 08:34
Wat eva all of u say IT IS POSSIBLE :p

under_0ath777
August 15th, 2006, 09:45
rofl, try pc emulators :P

Gizmo356
August 15th, 2006, 10:21
come on guys anything is possible:D

yaustar
August 15th, 2006, 11:00
The DS is literally a GBA with an added ARM9 chip and some custom 3D chips. So unless the GBA can be emulated full speed with a lot of CPU cycles to spare, it is going to be impossible to emulate excluding any other issues such as touch screen. The GBA and DS 'parts' are NOT seperate and all the hardware can be used for DS games.

Tetris999
August 15th, 2006, 14:08
no i think there can be a ds emulator (then we'll have ds homebrew muhahhaahahahah!) no but seriously LOTS of ds games dont use the stylus or you can use the control pad e.g mario 64 advance wars, ridge racer,mario kart dsetc

yaustar
August 15th, 2006, 14:35
All I will say is ask again AFTER we get full speed GBA (and 'nearly' doesn't cut it). Until then, the DS emulator is NOT possible.

razorak
August 15th, 2006, 14:40
gosh u sure sound pissed

anyway anything is possible, patience is the key and of course a dedicated coder, perhaps a group of them since sometimes it ain't easy

yaustar
August 15th, 2006, 14:48
No, just fed of this question popping up time and time again. Fact of life: not everything is possible, everything has limits.

At the moment, I haven't seen anything that even hints that the DS is possible. If anyone can provide a list of reasons of how it can be possible, I be happy to read them. until then, please stop making unfounded comments saying that 'it is possible', thank you.

Prasoc
August 15th, 2006, 16:27
What about the touchscreen? That would be quite hard to control with the analog nub because you will need to control the d-pad AND the analog

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 16:48
It doesn't matter, because DS isn't ever coming to PSP.

JD/
August 15th, 2006, 17:13
It doesn't matter, because DS isn't ever coming to PSP.

true if you wana play ds then buy one lol :p

jrsmaster411
August 15th, 2006, 17:18
I dont think anyone will try it but I do think its possible I think if we can emulate n64 ds is a walk in the park all you need is the right coder

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 18:07
If you want to play DS games, buy a DS...after all, who would want two screens uglily squished into one, superbly unconfortable control(thanks to an emulated stylus into the analog nub), and really crappy framerate?

If you answered "Me"...honestly, get a life. lol

...Although I gotta admit Castlevania wouldn't look so bad...but still wayyy too slow and choppy to play.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 18:09
true if you wana play ds then buy one lol :p
I bought my PSP to play PSP games and I bought my DS to play DS games. :D

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 19:57
I own both a DS and PSP....

And i think anything is possible, im sure a lot of people were saying a few months ago, that we would never see a n64 emulator for the psp, and now look! we have two :D

they may not be fullspeed but we have them.

I am a optimist and beleive that if someone is dedicated enough to a project or idea, they can achive it given time.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:00
I'm optimistic, but we can't even get GBA to run at fulls speed. How could you possibly expect DS? I will be happily surprised if DS comes to PSP...

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 20:06
well, take this into account.......

years ago, people said it would be impossible to land/reach the moon, or spacetravel.....

And that was done :D

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:07
Yes, i hear what your saying. I just dont think we can get a DS emu on PSP today with the technology and knowledge we have... ;)

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 20:13
I think a port of Dualis would be possible :D

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:13
I think a port of Dualis would be possible :D
I hope... :)

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 20:14
Yes, i hear what your saying. I just dont think we can get a DS emu on PSP today with the technology and knowledge we have... ;)

That's probably true...I can confirm I downloaded and tested every last version of evry PC NDS emulator with the image file of the only DS game I actually own (take a look at my avatar and guess) and nedless to say, the game ran about %75 close to perfect on one of the emulators and 35% on the other ones...so for the time being I'd say the chances for this happening on a PSP are very slim shady like.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:16
Thanks for confirming Apoklepz. ;)

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 20:23
Dualis only runs ds homebrew.....

Having that ported to the psp would be cool :D

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:24
Yes it would. :)

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 20:36
Now there's a smart possibility

s1k0
August 15th, 2006, 20:40
NDS are craps why would you want to play their games . if i want a emu its because of mario brothers:D

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 20:57
It is highly unlikely that a DS emu will appear for the PSP, why? well:

1) The hardware/software used to run each console is too different to be able to have a fully compatible and fast emulation of a DS game
2) The PSP has no touch screen
3) Since there is no PC DS emu, then someone would have to right the code from scratch, which is VERY HARD seeing as it is showing to be a difficulty to emulate it on the PC.

And there are more reasons, but I won't go into them right now :p

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:10
It is highly unlikely that a DS emu will appear for the PSP, why? well:

1) The hardware/software used to run each console is too different to be able to have a fully compatible and fast emulation of a DS game
2) The PSP has no touch screen
3) Since there is no PC DS emu, then someone would have to right the code from scratch, which is VERY HARD seeing as it is showing to be a difficulty to emulate it on the PC.

And there are more reasons, but I won't go into them right now :p
there are DS emus for the PC, never tried em out but i've seen em out there...one was made by a french guy(emu was entirely in french), and then someone took it over and they made an english version, so they're out there in the world of Google :D

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 21:10
the ex - lol there is a pc ds emu :D

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:12
there are DS emus for the PC, never tried em out but i've seen em out there...one was made by a french guy(emu was entirely in french), and then someone took it over and they made an english version, so they're out there in the world of Google :D
I think they are only capable of running DS h/b. here is a list of them:

1. DeSmuME (the best)
2. DS iDeaS
3. Nintendo Ensata
4. DualiS DS
5. DSemu

please say if I have missed any out ;)

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:12
lol there is a pc ds emu :D
yup :)

@The Ex: yup those are the ones i've seen

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 21:13
the ex again - they can run both :D

do some research man :p

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:14
they can run both :p
I am sure that there is no DS Emu for the PC that can emulate a DS game at full speed....correct me if im wrong

NSCXP2005
August 15th, 2006, 21:14
don't forget no$gba

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:15
nobody said full speed, bet they run h/b and commercial

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 21:16
well, desmume can with a few games, at near or more or less full speed :D

Only the 2d ones though

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:17
well, desmume can with some games, at full speed :D

Only the 2d ones though
oh, cool, last time i checked they couldn't, *goes to d/l a load of roms*

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:17
well, desmume can with some games, at full speed :D

Only the 2d ones though
cool, didn't know it ran some games full speed :D

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 21:19
quote : the ex -

*goes to d/l a load of roms*

lol, buy a DS !!!

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:21
quote : the ex -

*goes to d/l a load of roms*

lol, buy a DS !!!
I have a DSL.....

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 21:21
Yes, I've confirmed all these emulators already, and all of them are pretty unstable as of yet. Even the "Best One" doesn't support sound yet and doesn't draw some of the graphics...Not that they're crap or anything, cause I bet a lot of work has been put into coding them...but, I will totally disagree with anyone that states that a perfectly running NDS emulator is already out there...cause it's not.

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:22
I still think it won't be possible to run a ds emu on a psp, it just won't happen....

BL4Z3D247
August 15th, 2006, 21:22
I have a DSL.....
ARGH matey!!! lmao jk, what u do is ur own business

The EX
August 15th, 2006, 21:24
ARGH matey!!! lmao jk, what u do is ur own business
LOL, I only d/l roms and iso's when i have no money :( right now....i have no money :eek:

Apoklepz
August 15th, 2006, 21:34
I really think this thread and all the other related threads before it should be closed and always addressed in the following manner:

"Who Cares"

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 21:37
Awesome way to put it Apoklepz. :)

jman420
August 16th, 2006, 09:45
yeah, I agree, this thread should be closed here in a few days, but only after people have a chance to read my opinion :P

and just to point somthing out, no there is no working DS emulator for computer, the emulators that are out only play homebrew applications that take advantage of certan aspects of the DS's hardware, commercial roms are still not playable in any way, somehow someone got the metroid opening screen to display on one of the emulators, but it is not possible to emulate all of the system, as nobody realy knows how it works...

here is a link to a site that does know a little about the DS, but again, only enough to emulate small demos

http://dualis.1emulation.com/dsti.html

yaustar
August 16th, 2006, 21:01
yeah, I agree, this thread should be closed here in a few days, but only after people have a chance to read my opinion :P

and just to point somthing out, no there is no working DS emulator for computer, the emulators that are out only play homebrew applications that take advantage of certan aspects of the DS's hardware, commercial roms are still not playable in any way, somehow someone got the metroid opening screen to display on one of the emulators, but it is not possible to emulate all of the system, as nobody realy knows how it works...

here is a link to a site that does know a little about the DS, but again, only enough to emulate small demos

http://dualis.1emulation.com/dsti.html
I beg to differ ;)
http://www.desmume.com/
http://www.desmume.com/nds-roms-compatible.htm

jman420
August 16th, 2006, 21:48
ahh well alright, I never heard of that emulator :p

chemical
August 16th, 2006, 22:25
I beg to differ ;)
http://www.desmume.com/
http://www.desmume.com/nds-roms-compatible.htm

Well it says its compatable with a load of commercial roms, but I havent gotten ANY commerical roms to work, even the ones that it says are fully playable.

I've only got homebrew working on it.

jman420
August 17th, 2006, 06:45
only the demo versisons of the roms are playable..

Zion
August 18th, 2006, 19:24
lol, the full ones are too Jman :D

I have tried loads of my ds games on it :D

ninja9393
August 18th, 2006, 22:17
lol, the full ones are too Jman :D

I have tried loads of my ds games on it :D
i have warioware on it :D

Gene
August 19th, 2006, 02:28
i wouldnt see the point in trying to emulate a ds. it would be too complicated, and not nearly the same in my opinion

Mr. Shizzy
August 23rd, 2006, 17:45
I thought this was intersting. HarleyG was working on a touch screen for the PSP. hmmm;)

http://psp.nixlabs.net/

Prasoc
August 23rd, 2006, 22:13
niiiiiiice. also lookin forward to the complete xmb replacement :P