PDA

View Full Version : CPS2 Emulator Test Version 5 Released

b8a
August 15th, 2006, 09:02
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html) has once again updated his CPS2 emulator, this time to test version 5. Quite a bit has changed in this version, so see the translated release notes from his site for the details:

CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP (test ver.5)

CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator test ver.5 binary Download

Since I've pretty much finalized the cache file specification, I plan to make the next release an alpha version.

What's Changed (test ver.5)

There's quite a few things that have changed.
Since I've made a few large changes, some new problems will probably crop up.
If you're having problems, please use test 3 or test 4.

-Changed the cache file specification. Since there isn't any compatibility with the cache files up until now, it'll be necessary to remake all of your cache files.
Thanks to this change, Memory Stick reading for the games below only occurs when loading the game.
ecofghtr / avsp / sfa / 19xx / megaman2 / qndream / spf2t / csclub / mpangj / pzloop2j

-Due to development circumstances, I've implemented save state. Since I'm thinking that there will be frequent changes to the specification before this becomes the official version, basically you should assume that save state compatibility will be lost each time this is updated.

-Fixed it so that it won't freeze on sleep.

-Fixed it so that ssf2t is read as the parent cache file for ssf2t and it's clone sets.

-Changed the palette processing. I'm now going to determine whether or not this works correctly.

-Change the initial sound sample rate value to 22050Hz.

-Rewrote the sprite management processing.
Although only slightly, I think the speed of shooting and side-scrolling action games has either improved or stabilized.
Conversely, for later, larger fighting games that frequently access the file , the speed has probably dropped. (The priority level for these types of games is very low, so I don't envision there will be any improvements from here on. Simply put, it's physically impossible to make them faster.)

-Made huge changes to the sprite drawing process.
Problems with the sprite mask drawing processing and priority in the following games has been fixed. (Even though I'm performing the drawing so as to not make the speed drop as much as possible, since the drawing is more complicated than usual, there are instances where the speed drops somewhat on such screens.)

csclub: Spot process of CAPCOM's logo directly after loading

ssf2t: Some of the character's continue screens

dimahoo: The ninja Tatumaki's shadow as well as all of the ending

gigawing: The Betting font, as well as all of the tanks and the BG's priority

progear: The second form of the third stage boss

ddsom: Stage 3-A on the heavy war cart where just the elf's sword and shield's priority is funny

If drawing problems occur other than those mentioned above, I'd appreciate it if you could report them using the bug report uploader (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/upload/upload.cgi) (As far as it's usage, please refer to the information at the link. This is being tested)
---------------------------------------------------------
Checking sprite data one by one'll make your shoulders stiff and your eyes hurt, it's just too tough.
I'm not young anymore so this kind of work is hard on me.
From here on, I'll just work on those that are reported, or so I say, but if I find any I'm just going to want to fix them.

And, the portions of the readme that have changed:

State of progress

CPU: Finished
Video: The sprite drawing process are still unfinished(?)
Sound: Finished
Input: The analog input in puzzloop2 is not supported yet

Firstly, please regard the speed as something that's not going to get any better.
The PSP simply doesn't have the ability (VRAM, memory, CPU processing power: all of them).
Vampire Hunter and the likes is one thing, but in games like MVC where the screen changes that frequently, no matter how you think about it, speeding it up would be impossible.
There is still a chance, however, that the sense of speed will slightly go up with VRAM partitioning and memory cache optimization.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Gizmo356
August 15th, 2006, 09:07
yay!:D

razorak
August 15th, 2006, 09:07
hmm...i've never played any CPS2 games before...maybe it's the best time to do so now ^^

V3N0M
August 15th, 2006, 09:31
Very well done NJ! And i do think that this emu will only get better. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this project and so many of your other projects.

SmashinGit
August 15th, 2006, 13:52
Love it!

Mr. Shizzy
August 15th, 2006, 14:15
Great News! THANKS once again to Nester J! This is prob my current fav. emu. ( And I have 19 emu's on my PSP). Plz keep up the great work!:D

NoQuarter
August 15th, 2006, 14:18
Nesterj is awesome Mr.Shizzy,I wonder if we'll see wifi adhoc on this emu as well?

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 14:22
ON TOPIC -this rocks, screw my day job, i'm just testing this now.

OFF TOPIC -does anyone remember a side scrolling game where there's a jeep on the ground and a helicopter supporting it in the air? i loved that game-was it arcade or console?

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 14:40
OFF TOPIC -does anyone remember a side scrolling game where there's a jeep on the ground and a helicopter supporting it in the air? i loved that game-was it arcade or console?

Silk Worm ... For both NES and Arcade!!!

Woot I loved that game!!!

BTW NJ ... I LOVE YOU!!!

delt31
August 15th, 2006, 14:42
anyone know if this has a time release feature - example SFA3 allows you to play as balrog ONLY after the arcade has been played for a month. There is a time release feature in some emus but i don't think NJ has this (not complaining - just confirming)

thanks!

also i'm assuming we don't need SSF2 anymore to play SSF2T?

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 14:48
Great job NJ you rule. Oh and Silk Worm is a great classic.

drock82
August 15th, 2006, 15:05
damn so it seems like marvel vs capcom will never run correctly:( due to the vram

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 15:09
damn so it seems like marvel vs capcom will never run correctly:( due to the vram

Hey it runs about 40-50fps pretty constant for me now... I'm happy with that!!! Shoot I can pull off air combo's better with the slow mo!!! LOL

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 15:15
cheers QueadlunnRau (re: Silkworm). I had it on amiga originally. I can check it out now.

possible to emulate that arcade game on psp?

although I love NJs NEO CDZ emu for drift out, i would love him to emulate the drift out 94 game from the visco system. That game rocks just a bit more than neo drift out.

really starting to get into my arcade games thanx to NJ.

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 15:21
cheers QueadlunnRau (re: Silkworm). I had it on amiga originally. I can check it out now.

possible to emulate that arcade game on psp?

I'm not sure if they have an emulator that can run that arcade game, here is the info on it. SilkWormInfo (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/silkworm)

I know they have a rad Amiga emulator here, i've never tried it, but it might work on that.

I have just tested the NES version of it with NesterJ and it works GREAT!!! Oh man I love bringing back old memories ... That was one of the only games my dad used to play with me ... ^_^ I always let him use the helicopter lol man I was a nice kid.

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 15:22
looking at the game art on arcade history dot com, the jeep in the pic looks alot like the one in the Halo games

sheeeyt, wouldn't it be sweet if in Halo, you had a chopper tailing you're buggy for support.

that wouda rocked.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 15:37
looking at the game art on arcade history dot com, the jeep in the pic looks alot like the one in the Halo games

sheeeyt, wouldn't it be sweet if in Halo, you had a chopper tailing you're buggy for support.

that wouda rocked.
Actually isnt it the same jeep from jackal

D0N
August 15th, 2006, 15:40
Go NJ! You the man! :D Keep up the excellent work!

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 15:41
Go NJ! You the man! :D Keep up the excellent work!
NJ Rocks! I don't think hes reading these threads though.... :(

NoQuarter
August 15th, 2006, 15:44
You get that psp yet?I sure hope so,that way you could try this out!

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 15:45
You get that psp yet?I sure hope so,that way you could try this out!
It's supposed to be here in 2 hours and 45 minutes :D

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 15:45
dunno never saw that.

sorry that this has all got soo OT.

just that it's nice to remenisce.

what's the NES version of silkworm like?

worth me downloading and setting up the nes emu for?

TheSerpentMage
August 15th, 2006, 15:48
This is one of the things that drives me crazy about this site. They try and take the moral anti piracy high ground, but then promote CPS 1 and 2 emulators. Capcom continues to make money off rereleases of thier CPS 1 and 2 arcade games and have actually released most of the CPS 1 games in a compilation for the PSP lately. This site knows that almost no one has the CPS arcade boards, so 99% of the people using this are pure pirates.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FG65EY/sr=1-1/qid=1155652015/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBCVEA/sr=1-2/qid=1155652015/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005ARX4/sr=1-6/qid=1155652015/ref=sr_1_6/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Darkstalkers Chronicals

Pirating CPS roms is no worse then playing any ISO. Either it's wrong to pirate games on the market or it's not. Please either stick with your anti piracy stance, or stop preaching about it.

DevHook with ISO support = pirating games currently in the market.

CPS 1/2 emulators = pirating games currently in the market.

If you were going to be consistent with your DevHook stance, you should refuse to distribute these emulators until support for games in the marketplace have been removed.

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 15:56
Hezus,

that's a bit rich dude.

I'm sure all the poor capcom CEO's are nearly breaking down with the tragedy of this release. i can almost hear the tears hitting the linoleum now.

Screw Capcom retro releases. they're just trying to cash in on all the assholes who can't play this emu cos they got a FW2.8.

TheSerpentMage
August 15th, 2006, 15:59
I really don't care if people pirate the games. This site goes on and on about not promtiing piracy and ISOs... and then follow up by promoting piracy.

NoQuarter
August 15th, 2006, 16:00
Most people own these games in one of their various incarnations on differant systems.
If you ain't got nothin good to say........

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:04
I really don't care if people pirate the games. This site goes on and on about not promtiing piracy and ISOs... and then follow up by promoting piracy.
If this site bothers you so much don't use it. Problem solved see how easy it is. Let me guess your upset cause you don't have a 1.50 PSP and cant play this games right. I know I'm right or your just a spameer from QJ.Net:cool:

Panini
August 15th, 2006, 16:04
This is one of the things that drives me crazy about this site. They try and take the moral anti piracy high ground, but then promote CPS 1 and 2 emulators. Capcom continues to make money off rereleases of thier CPS 1 and 2 arcade games and have actually released most of the CPS 1 games in a compilation for the PSP lately. This site knows that almost no one has the CPS arcade boards, so 99% of the people using this are pure pirates.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FG65EY/sr=1-1/qid=1155652015/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CBCVEA/sr=1-2/qid=1155652015/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005ARX4/sr=1-6/qid=1155652015/ref=sr_1_6/102-7135235-7491348?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
Darkstalkers Chronicals

Pirating CPS roms is no worse then playing any ISO. Either it's wrong to pirate games on the market or it's not. Please either stick with your anti piracy stance, or stop preaching about it.

DevHook with ISO support = pirating games currently in the market.

CPS 1/2 emulators = pirating games currently in the market.

If you were going to be consistent with your DevHook stance, you should refuse to distribute these emulators until support for games in the marketplace have been removed.

Dont be so gay.

Theres no links to anything illegal here, and if u dont like emulators... go to another site.

NJ IS A FOOKIN LEGEND!

THANKYOU VERY MUCH NJ!!!!!!!!!! :)

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:06
dunno never saw that.

sorry that this has all got soo OT.

just that it's nice to remenisce.

what's the NES version of silkworm like?

worth me downloading and setting up the nes emu for?

I think it's worth it!!! But then again playing old school NES games bring back all the old memories that I had with my Dad, Brother, Sister and Cousins. Man I loved my childhood.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Predalex/SilkWorm.jpg

yobusta
August 15th, 2006, 16:06

I dont care what you guys say but he is right. I hate how people here act like they own all these roms in physical form but if someone talks about a iso they are ridiculed its bull to me. Its all the same.

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 16:07
My sig says all of my NES childhood memorys :)

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:13
I dont care what you guys say but he is right. I hate how people here act like they own all these roms in physical form but if someone talks about a iso they are ridiculed its bull to me. Its all the same.
IT is but its also forum and web policies of the site. People agree to go by them when they become members and its only fare to stay withing the rules. Theres many web sites out there that talk about isos use those web sites for that subject if it so important for people to talk about them.

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:17
If this site bothers you so much don't use it. Problem solved see how easy it is. Let me guess your upset cause you don't have a 1.50 PSP and cant play this games right. I know I'm right or your just a spameer from QJ.Net:cool:

LOL, I agree ... what's up with all these haters?

Seriously TheSerpentMage, most of us who play these emulators OWN or have owned the games roms we have. Your average game player does not have a NES romset that has all 15,000,000,000 games (sarcasm) ... mang you cannot even fit all them on a PSP if you include the other emulators.

What I am getting at is most people IMO play these old school roms to bring back memories or to enjoy these awesome games before they are forgotten! If no one ever made any emulators all the older games would have been lost and forgotten ...

Our new generations would never have enjoyed the fruits of many hours of labor making these wonderful coded pieces of art ... mang I am rambling on because I am passionate about keeping the older games alive!

yobusta
August 15th, 2006, 16:19
IT is but its also forum and web policies of the site. People agree to go by them when they become members and its only fare to stay withing the rules. Theres many web sites out there that talk about isos use those web sites for that subject if it so important for people to talk about them.

I understand that.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:20
QueadlunnRau ?? Hater.?? No its the pure fact. I have all my councils out till this day in my game room An thousands of games I'm not hatting the people spamming the site are.

Psypher
August 15th, 2006, 16:22

No one is promoting piracy.

An emulator is not illegal, unless it contains files from the actual system itself (BIOS, for instance). There is no promotion of piracy here, it is what you do with the emulator that [might] be considered illegal.

Not one person has mentioned the whereabouts to get an ISO or ROM in this thread or elsewhere on DCEMU; I fail to see how this site promotes piracy. If anything, it may provoke you to find [illegal] copies of a game, but it isn't promoting piracy, per se.

Piracy is an action on your behalf, not the developers nor the article.

--

oblivioner
August 15th, 2006, 16:22
This thread is totally off-topic right now :( So any improvements on Marvel vs Capcom at all? It's really choppy for me on test 4

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:23
QueadlunnRau ?? Hater.?? No its the pure fact. I have all my councils out till this day in my game room An thousands of games I'm not hatting the people spamming the site are.

No no no ... I'm not calling you a hater ... was calling TheSerpentMage a hater due to his comments ...

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:27
Sorry my bad. But he is

TheSerpentMage
August 15th, 2006, 16:27
This site pushes emulators hard, but then try and take this holier then though stance about how they are so anti piracy. Nintendo is about to sell a lot of thier old titles with the revolution (as well as genesis and tg-16). The line between playing old abandoned games and direct piracy is about to be removed. Many game compilations on the market have already removed that line.

One of 2 things would be nice:

1) stop the smarmy "We are so anti piracy" editorials on the main page news

or

2) be consistent do not support emulators that allow games on the market to be pirated (this is fair since they set this precedent with thier devhook support).

----------------------------------------------

Seriously TheSerpentMage, most of us who play these emulators OWN or have owned the games roms we have. Your average game player does not have a NES romset that has all 15,000,000,000 games (sarcasm) ... mang you cannot even fit all them on a PSP if you include the other emulators.

Could care less. This is about the hypocritical editorials that we are subjected to on the front page news.

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:28
This thread is totally off-topic right now :( So any improvements on Marvel vs Capcom at all? It's really choppy for me on test 4

It's still pretty choppy, but mine seems to start running smoother after about 2-5 minutes of play.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:32
Dude i had to pay 10,000 usd for a capcom simulated machine with all the games in it and even though its at mi home i have to pay taxes on it each year. My point is they don't sell this games anymore then again they never sold them period for regular purchases. Go back to QJ

jinqui242
August 15th, 2006, 16:34
So is this the last time we have to do the cache converting? I hope so!

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 16:36
I hope so also. Then again you cant argue with a geneous like NJ.

TheSerpentMage
August 15th, 2006, 16:40
Haha, I'll rework some dialog from a recent episode of South Park.

Courtesy of Cartman:

I learned somethin' today. This site was founded by some of the smartest thinkers the world has ever seen. And they knew one thing: that a truely great site can promote piracy, and at the same time, act like it doesn't want to. You people who are for the piracy, you need the anti-pirates. Because they make the site look like it's made of sane, caring individuals. And you people who are anti-piracy, you need these pirates, because, if our whole scene was made up of nothing but soft pussy anti-pirates, we'd have nothing to play. That's why the site admins decided we should have both. It's called "having your cake and eating it too."

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 16:43

Courtesy of Cartman:

I learned somethin' today. This site was founded by some of the smartest thinkers the world has ever seen. And they knew one thing: that a truely great site can promote piracy, and at the same time, act like it doesn't want to. You people who are for the piracy, you need the anti-pirates. Because they make the site look like it's made of sane, caring individuals. And you people who are anti-piracy, you need these pirates, because, if our whole scene was made up of nothing but soft pussy anti-pirates, we'd have nothing to play. That's why the site admins decided we should have both. It's called "having your cake and eating it too."

So what your saying is ... your Cartman?

Plowking
This site pushes emulators hard, but then try and take this holier then though stance about how they are so anti piracy. Nintendo is about to sell a lot of thier old titles with the revolution (as well as genesis and tg-16). The line between playing old abandoned games and direct piracy is about to be removed. Many game compilations on the market have already removed that line.

One of 2 things would be nice:

1) stop the smarmy "We are so anti piracy" editorials on the main page news

or

2) be consistent do not support emulators that allow games on the market to be pirated (this is fair since they set this precedent with thier devhook support).

As emulators themselves are not illegal, I think you should take your comments over to the various ROM sites around and give out there instead.

On topic - this is a fantastic emulator and most of the games I've tried work at full 60fps from version 3.

Great that its being updated, but as the really big games like M v C wont appear to be improved I think the emu has reached its peak.

NJ is a programming legend.

ACID
Great i can still use the games after taking all the un needed files of to cut the MB in half.

10shu
August 15th, 2006, 16:51
...I m totally agree, and i ve said it in the past...Emulator=Piracy. That s a fact.

However...How many time capcom will try to sell the old streetfighter2? i ve buy 3 version on the snes, 1 for the ps1 , 2 for the DC...and i ve recently purche it from xboxlive... (and all this without the streetfighter VS and the SF3 games I ve purchace on the saturn and xbox and DC...)

So from now on I think I deserve the right to play any version of streetfighter for free :)

Sauron96
August 15th, 2006, 16:53

Courtesy of Cartman:

I'm a llittle bit country................

I'm a little bit ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!

So wait, I thought "test" was another name for alpha this time around?

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 17:00
It works great and 10shu Did you ever played SF2 For the 3DO that was a very awsome game i still love it today. Yes i know i have the crapy 3DO still> Hey it was 500 usd so im not parting with it. LOL

motz
August 15th, 2006, 17:22

Courtesy of Cartman:

DCEmu is setup in no way to promote piracy.

This site does not allow ISO loaders as ISOs are illegal. Emulators are a great addition to a console as people truly enjoy being able to play their old Sega genesis games on a new console. Emulators do not encourage piracy in my opinion or damage software companies revenue.

NovaKane
August 15th, 2006, 17:38
NJ once again does the impossible and improves on one of the best PSP emus ever. I'm going to try this after I convert all of my roms again. I read on other boards that MVC and other tag games run smoother than Test Version 4 so that's good to know. Can't wait to try!

Thanks a lot NJ!

TheSerpentMage
August 15th, 2006, 17:53
This site does not allow ISO loaders as ISOs are illegal. Emulators are a great addition to a console as people truly enjoy being able to play their old Sega genesis games on a new console. Emulators do not encourage piracy in my opinion or damage software companies revenue.

We've reached the point where the industry has started to mature. They are not just discarding old games anymore. It's like more Hollywood now. Game companies are releasing thier "back catalogs". Saying it's ok to pirate a game because you once owned the cartridge it like saying "It's ok if I pirate this caddyshack DVD because I owned the vhs in '86". Piracy is piracy. With the release of the revolution and it's "virtual console" we will have reached a point where the wholesale piracy of roms for the last decade will just kill the sales.

Emulation once had an aura of legitimacy back when these titles were just forgotten and abandoned. Now companies are rereleasing thier old games. Once a title is legitimately being sold by the company, it's just straight piracy to play a game you don't own the original of.

delt31
August 15th, 2006, 17:58
We've reached the point where the industry has started to mature. They are not just discarding old games anymore. It's like more Hollywood now. Game companies are releasing thier "back catalogs". Saying it's ok to pirate a game because you once owned the cartridge it like saying "It's ok if I pirate this caddyshack DVD because I owned the vhs in '86". Piracy is piracy. With the release of the revolution and it's "virtual console" we will have reached a point where the wholesale piracy of roms for the last decade will just kill the sales.

Emulation once had an aura of legitimacy back when these titles were just forgotten and abandoned. Now companies are rereleasing thier old games. Once a title is legitimately being sold by the company, it's just straight piracy to play a game you don't own the original of.

PLEASE STOP! make another topic if you want but stop destroying this topic dammit - no one cares!

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:05
Why do you visit this site if you don't like other peoples hard but profitless work(homebrew and emu)?
if you don't like emus fine don't try and stop other people from enjoying emu's and homebrew...

yes Capcom continues to make profits from games like street fighter 2 and final fight (plus other 10 + year old games)not many people will be willing to spend money on them, plus the compilations don't usually mean the game you want is on there. why spend all that money on a game that you partially want? when emus like this you have them free

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:12
[QUOTE=QueadlunnRau]LOL, I agree ... what's up with all these haters?

What I am getting at is most people IMO play these old school roms to bring back memories or to enjoy these awesome games before they are forgotten! If no one ever made any emulators all the older games would have been lost and forgotten ...

Our new generations would never have enjoyed the fruits of many hours of labor making these wonderful coded pieces of art ... mang I am rambling on because I am passionate about keeping the older games alive![

I agree i still enjoy the games from my childhood, my old console snes,gb,genesis/megadrive died long ago but even if they havent i can't exactly carry them around

I am so grateful to guys like NJ because without emus like this my fave arcade games will be lost

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:23
SerpentMage contact me if you want to buy my 1.5 Psp! lol

jaydee73
August 15th, 2006, 18:24
TheSerpentMage did you ever stop to think why the likes of Capcom et al are releasing retro collections? It's because of the huge interest shown in emulation such as this cps2 emulator created by NJ. Without the likes of Mame you wouldn't have Capcom releasing their compilations as they wouldn't see a market for their goods. Emulation showed them that a market existed.

I think you will also find that a lot of us buy these retro compilations - this is despite the fact that many of us can already play the roms through emulators.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe all emulation is right; I feel that emulation of current platforms on the PSP promotes piracy as many of the games for those systems are still for sale. It is however unlikely that I am going to buy a 1990's arcade machine any time soon.

oblivioner
Thanks QueadlunnRau, and please create a different topic, it's hard to see test 5 posts among the off topic ones

Video_freak
SerpentMage contact me if you want to buy my 1.5 Psp! lol
Ah man, I would have bought it. I just got my new one from Success HK...

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:26
Ah man, I would have bought it. I just got my new one from Success HK...

Lol i was being sarccy

siulmagic
August 15th, 2006, 18:45
ok guys err i need a lil help here my marvel vs capcom wont load it the euro version do i need the us one?

thx for the help

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:47
ok guys err i need a lil help here my marvel vs capcom wont load it the euro version do i need the us one?

thx for the help

yes u will need the us rom aswell

NovaKane
August 15th, 2006, 18:50
To the above poster, yes you need the US rom. Convert it after you get it.

Can someone help me out? It seems that the updated converter won't convert parent roms anymore. It wouldn't a big deal to me but some games like Mega Man, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Ring of Destruction II etc don't have smaller roms so I'm stuck. Is this only happening to me?

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 15th, 2006, 18:54
To the above poster, yes you need the US rom. Convert it after you get it.

Can someone help me out? It seems that the updated converter won't convert parent roms anymore. It wouldn't a big deal to me but some games like Mega Man, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Ring of Destruction II etc don't have smaller roms so I'm stuck. Is this only happening to me?

Well i was assuming he read the instructions before he posted!!!

i got no problems with parent roms!!!

siulmagic
August 15th, 2006, 19:16
ok dang all roms i get are euro lol

thx for replying that was fast =p

jeffred
August 15th, 2006, 19:26
Thanks again NJ................The save state is excellent. I know arcade games should be pick up and play, but when you are sat on the side of the road waiting for a drunk person or some one having a heart attack to call, having such great a emu makes the time fly

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 19:30
Thanks QueadlunnRau, and please create a different topic, it's hard to see test 5 posts among the off topic ones

Err I didn't start the off topic ... but I am guilty of replying to TheSerpentMage. Mah bad ... I just liked calling him Cartmen.

I can give you some screenshots/list of what I have in my combined EURO (Parent) and US romsets. I have re-converted all 29 of the CPS2 roms I have without any flaws.

siulmagic
August 15th, 2006, 19:40
um could you guys tell me the fiel name of marvel vs capcom cus all i find is mvsc and thas probly the euro version

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 19:52
um could you guys tell me the fiel name of marvel vs capcom cus all i find is mvsc and thas probly the euro version

These are the file names of the two roms needed.

MVSC.ZIP (EURO 980112) (Parent ROM)
MVSCU.ZIP (US 980123) (US ROM)

NovaKane
August 15th, 2006, 20:00
I can give you some screenshots/list of what I have in my combined EURO (Parent) and US romsets. I have re-converted all 29 of the CPS2 roms I have without any flaws.

Cool, can you PM me that info if it's not too much trouble? Thanks.

wilbur
August 15th, 2006, 20:21
I found that simply cacheing the euro mvsc rom then renaming both rom and cache file 'MVSCU' worked a treat, no need for both roms at all.

WTF was going on a couple of pages earlier? talk about sanctimonious.

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 20:23
Whenyou try a rom if it doesnt work it tells you the parent you need.

Lol i was being sarccy
R U Sassy

Video_freak
August 15th, 2006, 20:23
i think he meant sarcastic...

vettacossx
August 15th, 2006, 20:33
ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty.....nj :)

QueadlunnRau
August 15th, 2006, 20:33

No prob jus shoot me a list of which games you need ot know. ^_^

oblivioner
August 15th, 2006, 20:35
Well awesome job NJ, this new version doesn't improve much on the speed side however now sleep works with all games and with save it adds lots, it's incredible this isn't even alpha. Not even the older CPS1 emulator has save / load but he's done it on cps2. A genius.

10shu
August 15th, 2006, 21:28
It works great and 10shu Did you ever played SF2 For the 3DO that was a very awsome game i still love it today. Yes i know i have the crapy 3DO still> Hey it was 500 usd so im not parting with it. LOL

no...but i ve got a 3do... got a pretty good music player for the time... :) sorry i m out of topic...

funy56
August 15th, 2006, 22:09
Hi

Could you give me the link for cps2 beta 4 coz I download the 5 version and all my game can't work! Thnks

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html) has once again updated his CPS2 emulator, this time to test version 5. Quite a bit has changed in this version, so see the translated release notes from his site for the details:

CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP (test ver.5)

CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator test ver.5 binary Download

Since I've pretty much finalized the cache file specification, I plan to make the next release an alpha version.

What's Changed (test ver.5)

There's quite a few things that have changed.
Since I've made a few large changes, some new problems will probably crop up.
If you're having problems, please use test 3 or test 4.

-Changed the cache file specification. Since there isn't any compatibility with the cache files up until now, it'll be necessary to remake all of your cache files.
Thanks to this change, Memory Stick reading for the games below only occurs when loading the game.
ecofghtr / avsp / sfa / 19xx / megaman2 / qndream / spf2t / csclub / mpangj / pzloop2j

-Due to development circumstances, I've implemented save state. Since I'm thinking that there will be frequent changes to the specification before this becomes the official version, basically you should assume that save state compatibility will be lost each time this is updated.

-Fixed it so that it won't freeze on sleep.

-Fixed it so that ssf2t is read as the parent cache file for ssf2t and it's clone sets.

-Changed the palette processing. I'm now going to determine whether or not this works correctly.

-Change the initial sound sample rate value to 22050Hz.

-Rewrote the sprite management processing.
Although only slightly, I think the speed of shooting and side-scrolling action games has either improved or stabilized.
Conversely, for later, larger fighting games that frequently access the file , the speed has probably dropped. (The priority level for these types of games is very low, so I don't envision there will be any improvements from here on. Simply put, it's physically impossible to make them faster.)

-Made huge changes to the sprite drawing process.
Problems with the sprite mask drawing processing and priority in the following games has been fixed. (Even though I'm performing the drawing so as to not make the speed drop as much as possible, since the drawing is more complicated than usual, there are instances where the speed drops somewhat on such screens.)

csclub: Spot process of CAPCOM's logo directly after loading

ssf2t: Some of the character's continue screens

dimahoo: The ninja Tatumaki's shadow as well as all of the ending

gigawing: The Betting font, as well as all of the tanks and the BG's priority

progear: The second form of the third stage boss

ddsom: Stage 3-A on the heavy war cart where just the elf's sword and shield's priority is funny

If drawing problems occur other than those mentioned above, I'd appreciate it if you could report them using the bug report uploader (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/upload/upload.cgi) (As far as it's usage, please refer to the information at the link. This is being tested)
---------------------------------------------------------
Checking sprite data one by one'll make your shoulders stiff and your eyes hurt, it's just too tough.
I'm not young anymore so this kind of work is hard on me.
From here on, I'll just work on those that are reported, or so I say, but if I find any I'm just going to want to fix them.

And, the portions of the readme that have changed:

State of progress

CPU: Finished
Video: The sprite drawing process are still unfinished(?)
Sound: Finished
Input: The analog input in puzzloop2 is not supported yet

Firstly, please regard the speed as something that's not going to get any better.
The PSP simply doesn't have the ability (VRAM, memory, CPU processing power: all of them).
Vampire Hunter and the likes is one thing, but in games like MVC where the screen changes that frequently, no matter how you think about it, speeding it up would be impossible.
There is still a chance, however, that the sense of speed will slightly go up with VRAM partitioning and memory cache optimization.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

oblivioner
August 15th, 2006, 22:24
Funy56 you have to convert all the caches again, try that.

BazzaLB
August 15th, 2006, 22:36
Is there an english translation of the readme, or better yet can someone tell me what the following do?

START + SELECT: *
L + R + SELECT:

jinqui242
August 15th, 2006, 22:46
START+SELECT = Emulator Menu

L+R+SELECT = Service menu - You can configure the arcade games as if you were the service guy at an arcade, such as how many credits you get for one coin, difficulty, number of rounds in fighting game, etc.

Pumped'Up
August 15th, 2006, 23:57
THANK YOU KING NJ!!!!

UNBELIEVABLY AAAAMAZING!!!!!

Plowking
August 16th, 2006, 00:00
I doubt that anyone might agree with me, but I think the save states can ruin a game.

I know its up to the person who uses it, but I find that if I do, I'll just save a reload a game until I beat it and then I wont play it any more.

Using the dip switches I turned off all of the continue options, and instead upped the life limit so I only get one shot at completing a game.

If I get sick of that, as I haven't completed anything yet, I'll probably update to the save state version.

It would be handy true, on the bus and such...oh dilemmas dilemmas!!

Pumped'Up
August 16th, 2006, 00:04
agreed, for this CPS2 emu, it doesn't need save state. On those often annoyingly long/hard console games save state is a must. But these arcade games are designed to be hard/easy enough so that it can be played and finished on 1 credit, if the player has enough practice playing the game. Yea, boo to the save state on CPS-2...

QueadlunnRau
August 16th, 2006, 00:21
I doubt that anyone might agree with me, but I think the save states can ruin a game.

I know its up to the person who uses it, but I find that if I do, I'll just save a reload a game until I beat it and then I wont play it any more.

Using the dip switches I turned off all of the continue options, and instead upped the life limit so I only get one shot at completing a game.

If I get sick of that, as I haven't completed anything yet, I'll probably update to the save state version.

It would be handy true, on the bus and such...oh dilemmas dilemmas!!

Yea I agree with you it is a dilemma. Although I also get bored of a game if all I ever do is play the first level over and over again.

For example Ghost & Gobins ... without a save state you have to sit through and play the game twice through to finally complete it.

Mr. Shizzy
August 16th, 2006, 01:45
This is by far my favorite emu!!! Much thanks to NesterJ!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds! What settings do you guys use to get the best playability from Marvel -vs- Capcom? Thanks in advance for the info.

aries2k4
August 16th, 2006, 01:47
Thanks Nj,
I actually like the save state. Could have been handy on the arcade machine for those times you were playing and got kicked out because they were closing. lol.

funniest comment on this thread

"so what you saying is ....your cartman?"lol:D

delt31
August 16th, 2006, 02:31
i hope he releases the next version with a timer so we can trick the rom into thinking it's been played for a month (to time unlock certain fighters - SFA3 BALROG for example)

NovaKane
August 16th, 2006, 03:19
- SSF2 and Super Turbo run at full speed now even on the new stages (Dee Jay, T.Hawk, Cammy etc)
- Addition of dipswitches for personal preference
- Overall speed for most 1-on-1 fighting games improved a lot.
- Save state (since starting over gets annoying after awhile)

Dislikes:
- Super Turbo is missing the map, life bars, Cammy and Chun-Li in the intro etc
- Maybe it was just me but I had a tough time converting parent roms when it was a breeze in version 4. It (converter) kept crashing when trying to convert the parent romset.

Minor dislikes but still my fav emu. Even the tag games have somewhat improved in speed although a lot of lag still exists.

Has anyone been able to convert Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (Japan 970913)?

Festizzio
August 16th, 2006, 04:50
This is by far my favorite emu!!! Much thanks to NesterJ!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds! What settings do you guys use to get the best playability from Marvel -vs- Capcom? Thanks in advance for the info.
NesterJ is the NES emulator; the coder of this cps2 emulator is NJ.

ACID
August 16th, 2006, 04:58
Ruka makes nester j not NJ

djandy
August 16th, 2006, 05:35
Don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but there was a small piece of text added to NJ's Test5 page. It reads:-

"I thought I could perhaps make it run slightly faster, but it looks like this is as fast as it's going to get. Therefore, the next release will be the final version, not a Beta or Alpha and there probably won't be any big changes."

A big well done to NJ for his fantastic emulators!! Also, one more thing that caught my eye was a very small line of text near the top that says

"Project under development"

I assume that means his, as yet, undisclosed next masterpiece.....Any guesses?

kayhanbakid
August 16th, 2006, 06:23
YES! I finally figured out how to get mvsc to work. I combined the 2 affore mentioned files into 1 zip file and renamed it mvscu. Boy did I try everything before that. But It's too choppy to play. Great Work none the less. I don't mind a slow emulator as long as it's smooth but I can't play if it's too choppy. Like the 1st SNES emulator to come out for PSP wasn't very fast but it was smooth at 0 frameskip. Of course this is much harder to code than SNES.

Great Work. Love the CPS1 as well.

ALSO, save state is never a bad thing.

donne
August 16th, 2006, 06:37
I only changed the euro name to mvscu and it worked on test 4. Weird eh.. Well, the game too choppy anyway to play..

If he's into 2D, hope NJ doing CPS3.. I really want those SF3 series.. Can PSP handle CPS3 ?? Hmm..

Video_freak
August 16th, 2006, 06:38
I only changed the euro name to mvscu and it worked on test 4. Weird eh.. Well, the game too choppy anyway to play..

If he's into 2D, hope NJ doing CPS3.. I really want those SF3 series.. Can PSP handle CPS3 ?? Hmm..
Only time will tell... ;)

Cenn
August 16th, 2006, 06:47
about the save states, i've said this before,
but Shadows over Mystara takes over 90 minutes to completely finish.

taking into account that previous versions of the emulator stop loading sprites correctly after the PSP is put into sleep mode, a save state option is a good idea i think. or else, there would be no way to pause the game, other then to keep the PSP on.

drock82
August 16th, 2006, 07:13
can someone please post the exact rom sets that you have to have in the rom folder for games to work and the ones u have to cache

Zombo
August 16th, 2006, 08:41
A big well done to NJ for his fantastic emulators!! Also, one more thing that caught my eye was a very small line of text near the top that says

"Project under development"

I assume that means his, as yet, undisclosed next masterpiece.....Any guesses?

:eek:
My goodness what will he do next?:p
The CPS1 Needs a save state! (If only Final Fight had a sound test menu >_<)I wish he could add sound on Metal Slug 3,4,5,X for the Neo-Geo emulator!

aleborri
August 16th, 2006, 08:59
I hope next is a CPS1 version with saves, I really want that :)

b8a
August 16th, 2006, 11:10
Also, one more thing that caught my eye was a very small line of text near the top that says

"Project under development
I think you misunderstood... That's a section marker that you would implictly read as "These projects (listed here) are currently under development". It's balanced out by the similarly formatted "Completed Projects" (完了したプロジェクット) section further down the page.

In contrast to your optomism, I'm actually filled with a sense of dread over this declartion... He's simplified his page, has listed most of his past projects as completed, and is only planning on several more quick-ish fixes to a couple of projects that are still open. I hope that we'll continue to hear good things from him, but I think the signs are bleak.

(なんか、個人的に言うけど、そのアバター、ぞっとするほど趣味わるいぜ!)

Anyway, in addition to what djandy wrote, NJ also posted the following:

It looks like there's a bug with Street Fighter Zero 2 alpha. I'll take a look into it.
There were also questions posted, so I'll also post some answers.
The following request is in response to a post yesterday from someone overseas. I'm not requesting money or donations, I'm just doing this for my own interests, so please stop making unreasonable requests.

Answers in response to the questions
-Would you implement PNG formatted screenshots?
If it were possible, of course PNG is preferable, but in order to save a PNG you have to secure the memory (for the picture data and the compression). BMP's a beta, so all it does is write VRAM to a file without securing any memory. There isn't enough memory, so consider this a limitation imposed by the implementation.
-Won't you change the version name of your finished projects to "final" or what not?
The version names don't really mean much, so don't pay much attention to them. If it's in a finished state even without reaching 1.0, that means that I lost interest along the way, so please forgive me.

Responses to requests
-Please implement neo4all's prefetch
No way. Do you really think that it can be easily ported? I'm saying this now, it's not adoptable, general processing that can easily be ported to other machines. Although it might be easy for the person that originally created the process.Additionally, he has this to say about the CPS1 emulator:

The YM2151 emulation certainly is pretty tough with the PSP's processing power.
I'm planning on ending production with the next update.
And, on top of that, he now lists NGEPSP and NCDZPSP as finished projects.

Also, I hate to beat a dead horse, but in response to the earlier tirades about this being merely software for pirates, I heavily disagree. Yes, it's a sure bet that the great majority of the people coming here don't own the actual games they're talking about and using on these emulators. But it's not a contradiction of the site's policies to post about these however because, just as surely as hundreds of pirates are using these programs, there are also many people out there who do legitimately own the games. As far as I'm concerned, those are the people that these posts are for, and unfortunately, it's impossible to sort out who owns the games from who doesn't, so naturally comments by and attention from pirates is unavoidable. But, that doesn't in any way mean that those are the people that the post is intended for.

Honestly, if you think this site is so unbearably hypocritical, then why do you bother coming here? (Just a rhetorical question. I AM NOT trying to resurrect this conversation)

Baboon
August 16th, 2006, 11:25
Thanks for the info b8A.

The neo geo emus are almost perfect anyway, as is CPS1 (and I'm happy now with what we have with CPS2).

...and I reckon NJ will be back with some new great project for the PSP, just wait and see!

aleborri
August 16th, 2006, 11:37
NJ usually post things that later on he just proves that could be done. I heard about Neogeo big roms impossible to emulate and there they are, CPS2 totallyimpossible, CPS1 wouldn't have sound, etc. So I trust NJ will find the way if he wants to, though moving the projects to finished seems more that he's tired or busy with other things

djandy
August 16th, 2006, 11:45
Yeah, looks like you were right, b8a. I can see what you mean now.....Hope I didn't fill everyone's minds with images of SF3 emulators etc etc!! As for my avatar, it was the only thing I could find at the time.....時間があるときに、もうちょっと見やすいものに変えます:)

b8a
August 16th, 2006, 12:16
.時間があるときに、もうちょっと見やすいものに変えます
そりゃ、ありがたい!
でも、あくまでも個人の意見なので、それほど気にすることはないでしょ(!_!)

NJ usually post things that later on he just proves that could be done. I heard about Neogeo big roms impossible to emulate and there they are, CPS2 totallyimpossible, CPS1 wouldn't have sound, etc. So I trust NJ will find the way if he wants to, though moving the projects to finished seems more that he's tired or busy with other thingsYep, you deffinately have to take what he says with a grain of salt, but he's been making a lot of statements about people from overseas (more or less) bothering him and has been taking a kind of strict tone, so I'm just hoping that people aren't negatively pressuring him in any way. We all need to let him do his own thing. I think he's more than proved that he pretty much knows what's best.

funy56
August 16th, 2006, 13:12
Hi Oblivour

Thnks for the message, I did tried to convert the file but there a error with the converter that came with the Beta 5 version.

Funy56 you have to convert all the caches again, try that.

delt31
August 16th, 2006, 13:21
I still can't get a constant 60 on dee jay's, thawks etc. i can get 50fps-53fps but not full speed. what settings are you guys using to get this?

gucabe
August 16th, 2006, 13:59
I haven heard too many complaits on the error that i'm currently getting on some roms i try to convert. A few roms like D&Dragons are just making the converter program crash after the file #.20 is loaded. With previus versions of the converter i had no problems, i have seen this in test version 5 only, and tryed it with different machines. I guess there is only a few of us with this problem. Any one of those few know whats the problem?

aleborri
August 16th, 2006, 14:23
I've had those problems too, try not to have the name in caps and get the roms in the same folder of the converter.

wilbur
August 16th, 2006, 15:59
Make sure your not converting from the mem stick- have all your roms and the converter/cache folder on your HDD-i had a few issues when trying to cache files from my memstick-too slow for it.

how powerful is your PC? i'm using a VAIO VGN S1laptop and it handles it with ease.

I reckon NJ's got a few more plans for the PSP. there are still lots of early 90's arcades for him to emulate. Anyone interested, check out SNK-CAPCOM dot com. looks fairly new and has some good info/reviews.

I would love it if he had a go at the Sega chipset that ran the virtual on games- i'm almost certain this is totally impossible for PSP, though, as it was only released around in 2000 and was in full 3D.

I'd love to see a 'Virtual On' UMD game for the PSP, it's almost crying out for ad hoc challeng mode. I spent 12 hours in Sega world, Sydney for a bet and mostly played that with my pal Dan. Felt really sick the next day

lord_goth
August 16th, 2006, 16:21
hi! I would love to play all my street fighter 2 mame roms on my psp but i got too many of them and dont know wicth ones to use to cashe and what ones to put in the rom folder. can soneone help me please. I LOVE SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 X

odino
August 16th, 2006, 16:42
I still can't get a constant 60 on dee jay's, thawks etc. i can get 50fps-53fps but not full speed. what settings are you guys using to get this?

Generally, the full speed is 55fps with frameskip 1 or 50fps with frameskip 2...

NovaKane
August 16th, 2006, 17:10

After playing on some of the new stages again (on SSFT2), I realized that they weren't full speed. However, they are running faster than Test V4.

And if you play Super Turbo after adjusting the speed to "Turbo 3", than it does seem like the new stages are at full speed. Still a much needed improvement.

delt31
August 16th, 2006, 17:26
After playing on some of the new stages again (on SSFT2), I realized that they weren't full speed. However, they are running faster than Test V4.

And if you play Super Turbo after adjusting the speed to "Turbo 3", than it does seem like the new stages are at full speed. Still a much needed improvement.

okay sounds good - i used 0 FS and I've been getting 52fps - not bad at all

i have it turbo 1 - i HATE really fast games

NovaKane
August 16th, 2006, 17:31
I haven heard too many complaits on the error that i'm currently getting on some roms i try to convert. A few roms like D&Dragons are just making the converter program crash after the file #.20 is loaded. With previus versions of the converter i had no problems, i have seen this in test version 5 only, and tryed it with different machines. I guess there is only a few of us with this problem. Any one of those few know whats the problem?

Yeah, the converter kept crashing for me until I started changing the names of the parent rom to daughter rom. Then I changed the names of everything back to what they orignally were so I wouldn't mix anything up. I didn't want to do the combining rom thing so I did it that way and everything worked perfect.

Ex:
- error converting asvp.zip
- I rename it to "asvpu.zip"
- after it converts, I change it back to asvp.zip
- I also change the cache's name to match the rom. (ASVP_cache.zip)

It took some time but I got everything to work. Some aren't that simple though. For Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (ringdest.zip), I had to change it to smbomb.zip then change it back later. I assume you all get the point.

Anyway for those who don't want to combine, that's just an alternate way of getting things to work. Hope that helped.

NovaKane
August 16th, 2006, 17:45
:eek:
My goodness what will he do next?:p
The CPS1 Needs a save state! (If only Final Fight had a sound test menu >_<)I wish he could add sound on Metal Slug 3,4,5,X for the Neo-Geo emulator!

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. CPS1 does need a save state. Slammasters takes awhile to beat.

The Punisher > Final Fight
;)

gucabe
August 16th, 2006, 20:20
I've had those problems too, try not to have the name in caps and get the roms in the same folder of the converter.
Thanks, the Caps did it. Sorry for the late response, i'm at work right now.

gucabe
August 16th, 2006, 20:22
Yeah, the converter kept crashing for me until I started changing the names of the parent rom to daughter rom. Then I changed the names of everything back to what they orignally were so I wouldn't mix anything up. I didn't want to do the combining rom thing so I did it that way and everything worked perfect.

Ex:
- error converting asvp.zip
- I rename it to "asvpu.zip"
- after it converts, I change it back to asvp.zip
- I also change the cache's name to match the rom. (ASVP_cache.zip)

It took some time but I got everything to work. Some aren't that simple though. For Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (ringdest.zip), I had to change it to smbomb.zip then change it back later. I assume you all get the point.

Anyway for those who don't want to combine, that's just an alternate way of getting things to work. Hope that helped.
Thanks for the reply, i guess my problem was more related with the roms i had in capital letters. Thanks any ways.

Jinata
August 16th, 2006, 23:22
Is Marvel vs Capcom slow because of the Emulator or is it just the PSP, where it can't handle the game?

delt31
August 17th, 2006, 02:42
anyone know a good website that reviews cps2 games

CheeseSlayer
August 17th, 2006, 05:51
Are Final Burn save states compatible with this? I really want to play as Thanos/Dr Doom in Marvel Super Heroes. >.<

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 07:04
No they arent.

odino
August 17th, 2006, 13:01
Is Marvel vs Capcom slow because of the Emulator or is it just the PSP, where it can't handle the game?

The emulation speed is good, but psp ram is insufficient... this cause some lag.

Try to delete the sound(in rominfo.dat), this can help.;)

delt31
August 17th, 2006, 13:39
anyone know how i can get the time released characters like balrog in SFA3????

Panini
August 17th, 2006, 13:40
Give it time?

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 14:01
Give it time?

LOL so you want him to leave him PSP on for a month straight. :D

Baboon
August 17th, 2006, 14:10
anyone know how i can get the time released characters like balrog in SFA3????

I'm not sure how u do it with NJs emulator... but my advice would be to just buy Street Fighter Alpha3max. Its one of my favourite games that I own and it doesnt stutter when its playing, and you get to choose whoever you want right from the start.

There arent that many good PSP games out there... but this is one of em (and its better than the aracade version with loads more options)! :D

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 14:27
I'm not sure how u do it with NJs emulator... but my advice would be to just buy Street Fighter Alpha3max. Its one of my favourite games that I own and it doesnt stutter when its playing, and you get to choose whoever you want right from the start.

There arent that many good PSP games out there... but this is one of em (and its better than the aracade version with loads more options)! :D

I agree Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is a MUST own, it has a ton more characters then the arcade (Eagle, Yun, Balrog ect) Plus all the extra modes you can play, survival mode a mode where you can build up your character, a tag mode all kinda of stuff. Plus Ad-Hoc mode!!! Beat the crap out of your friend or vis versa. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is a cheap game too I got mine at Frys when it came out for $29.99, hell you can prolly get it used (if you can find one) for less then that.

aleborri
August 17th, 2006, 14:35
I think the only option with SFA3 to get the time released characters would be to save each and every time you play, supposedly that would make the game be continously playing (more less :P )

No doubt sfa3max is better, but it takes 5x the size of the cps2 rom :(

btw if you get it to work with this method don't forget to post the save ;)

delt31
August 17th, 2006, 14:42
I think the only option with SFA3 to get the time released characters would be to save each and every time you play, supposedly that would make the game be continously playing (more less :P )

No doubt sfa3max is better, but it takes 5x the size of the cps2 rom :(

btw if you get it to work with this method don't forget to post the save ;)

I have SFA3 max and yes it is that good but i HATE carrying around umds. That's why i rip them to my MS.

I don't know about that save feature working but i guess i'll try

I actually like SFA2 more b/c the music is MUCH better. anyone else agree?

aleborri
August 17th, 2006, 14:44
sorry odino, can you explain with more detail how to delete the music with the rominfo.dat, I check it on the converter folder but I don't know exactly what the delete, also, is it really worth it, how many more fps are you getting? tia.

NovaKane
August 17th, 2006, 15:10
I actually like SFA2 more b/c the music is MUCH better. anyone else agree?

Even though I have SFA3 for PSX and PSP, I always will like SFA2 (which I also have) better. The music pwns!

Baboon
August 17th, 2006, 15:25
SF Alpha 3 is a class fighting game, but then I’m biased cause I love anything with the name Capcom that’s 2D. :)

I’m just hoping that on a retro tip Capcom might release some of the Marvel/Capcom/XMen/Street fighter Vs games?

It’s a shame the PSP cant handle em through NJ’s great work, so really the only option to play them as they should be (without owning either an arcade machine, Saturn or Dreamcast) is if they were to be released commercially for PSP. ...I know I’d be the first in the que to grab a copy if they did. :D

NovaKane
August 17th, 2006, 15:31
SF Alpha 3 is a class fighting game, but then I’m biased cause I love anything with the name Capcom that’s 2D. :)

I’m just hoping that on a retro tip Capcom might release some of the Marvel/Capcom/XMen/Street fighter Vs games?

It’s a shame the PSP cant handle em through NJ’s great work, so really the only option to play them as they should be (without owning either an arcade machine, Saturn or Dreamcast) is if they were to be released commercially for PSP. ...I know I’d be the first in the que to grab a copy if they did. :D

I wish they could release the Vs. series for PSP and PS2 as well. Too bad Capcom doesn't have the Marvel liscense (sp?) anymore. Damn EA...:mad:

Baboon
August 17th, 2006, 15:48
I wish they could release the Vs. series for PSP and PS2 as well. Too bad Capcom doesn't have the Marvel liscense (sp?) anymore. Damn EA...:mad:

The new EA Marvel games havent really done much for me.

I also guess we wont see the D&D games on future capcom generations games due to licensing (Capcom no longer having the TSR rights)?

...If thats the case then thank god for NJ!

odino
August 17th, 2006, 15:56
sorry odino, can you explain with more detail how to delete the music with the rominfo.dat, I check it on the converter folder but I don't know exactly what the delete, also, is it really worth it, how many more fps are you getting? tia.

OK, i use mvscu for example:

1)Open rominfo.dat( ms:\PSP\GAME\cps2psp)with block notes
2)Seek this:

FILENAME( mvscu, mvsc, 0, 1, 0, 0 )
REGION( 0x400000, CPU1, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0xc6007557 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x724b2b20 )
ROM( 0, 0x100000, 0x80000, 0x2d8c8e86 )
ROM( 0, 0x180000, 0x80000, 0x8528e1f5 )
ROM( 0, 0x200000, 0x80000, 0xc3baa32b )
ROM( 0, 0x280000, 0x80000, 0xbc002fcd )
ROM( 0, 0x300000, 0x80000, 0xc67b26df )
ROM( 0, 0x380000, 0x80000, 0x0fdd1e26 )

REGION( 0x100000, USER1, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x86685cbf )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x438ba92b )

REGION( 0x2000000, GFX1, 0 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000000, 0x400000, 0xfa5f74bc, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000002, 0x400000, 0x71938a8f, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000004, 0x400000, 0x92741d07, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000006, 0x400000, 0xbcb72fc6, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000000, 0x400000, 0x7f1df4e4, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000002, 0x400000, 0x90bd3203, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000004, 0x400000, 0x67aaf727, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000006, 0x400000, 0x8b0bade8, 2, 6 )

REGION( 0x48000, CPU2, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x00000, 0x08000, 0x41629e95 )
ROM( 1, 0x10000, 0x18000, 0x00000000 )
ROM( 0, 0x28000, 0x20000, 0x963abf6b )

REGION( 0x800000, SOUND1, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x400000, 0x850fe663 )
ROM( 0, 0x400000, 0x400000, 0x7ccb1896 )
END

3)Rewrite this:

END

to:

REGION( 0x000000, SOUND1, 0 )
END

4)Save it

The emulator has 13MB of allocate ram now, this can help for reduce a bit the lag.

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 16:10
Yo Odino, thank you for that tutorial. I do see a difference now!

I'm gonna put;

"REGION( 0x000000, SOUND1, 0 )
END"

On all the roms that run a little slow. ThanX for that trick.!

Edit: OMG Odino!!! Everything is almost at full speed now!!! Street Fighter Alpha 3 is pretty much 60 fps playable 90% of the time.

odino
August 17th, 2006, 17:26
Yo Odino, thank you for that tutorial. I do see a difference now!

I'm gonna put;

"REGION( 0x000000, SOUND1, 0 )
END"

On all the roms that run a little slow. ThanX for that trick.!

Edit: OMG Odino!!! Everything is almost at full speed now!!! Street Fighter Alpha 3 is pretty much 60 fps playable 90% of the time.

Yea, its very very useful.:D

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 18:13
So do i do this before creating a cache file or after

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 18:44
So do i do this before creating a cache file or after

Thier is a rominfo.dat file in the root cps2psp folder. Just edit that file with Wordpad and replace any of these from games that slow down.

END

To

END

Don't forget to backup that rominfo.dat file first before editing it.

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 18:53
LOL thanks man i feel like a retard now thats what 36 hours with out sleep do to you. I thought you guys where talking of src thats why i couldnt find it thank you so much for clarifing it for me.

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 19:37
Ok i did everything exactly likeyou sayd and it doesnt work after a wild of sayingloading screen goes blanck and psp shuts off. Do i have to change the number to a zero or an (o) or does it have to be bould

oblivioner
August 17th, 2006, 20:03
It works great with mvsc, it gets a bit of lag at the begining but then its almost full speed, thanks a lot for this trick, I prefer it this way much more than with sound but barely playable due to lag, kudos :D

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 20:23
Ok i did everything exactly likeyou sayd and it doesnt work after a wild of sayingloading screen goes blanck and psp shuts off. Do i have to change the number to a zero or an (o) or does it have to be bould

Change it to a "0" Zero and also hit up all the clones and change them too. example.

FILENAME( mshvsf, cps2, 0, 1, 0, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0xb72dc199 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x6ef799f9 )
ROM( 0, 0x100000, 0x80000, 0x1a5de0cb )
ROM( 0, 0x180000, 0x80000, 0x959f3030 )
ROM( 0, 0x200000, 0x80000, 0x7f915bdb )
ROM( 0, 0x280000, 0x80000, 0xc2813884 )
ROM( 0, 0x300000, 0x80000, 0x3ba08818 )
ROM( 0, 0x380000, 0x80000, 0xcf0dba98 )

ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x000000 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x000000 )

ROMX( 0, 0x0000000, 0x400000, 0x29b05fd9, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000002, 0x400000, 0xfaddccf1, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000004, 0x400000, 0x97aaf4c7, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x0000006, 0x400000, 0xcb70e915, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000000, 0x400000, 0xb3b1972d, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000002, 0x400000, 0x08aadb5d, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000004, 0x400000, 0xc1228b35, 2, 6 )
ROMX( 0, 0x1000006, 0x400000, 0x366cc6c2, 2, 6 )

ROM( 0, 0x00000, 0x08000, 0x68252324 )
ROM( 0, 0x28000, 0x20000, 0xb34e773d )

END

FILENAME( mshvsfu, mshvsf, 0, 1, 0, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x0664ab15 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x97e060ee )
ROM( 0, 0x100000, 0x80000, 0x921fc542 )

ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x17b12a95 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0xf98200cf )

END

FILENAME( mshvsfu1, mshvsf, 0, 1, 0, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0xae60a66a )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x91f67d8a )
ROM( 0, 0x100000, 0x80000, 0x1a5de0cb )

ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x281bcb48 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0xa2d68628 )

END

FILENAME( mshvsfj, mshvsf, 0, 1, 0, 0 )
ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0xd8cbb691 )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0x32741ace )
ROM( 0, 0x100000, 0x80000, 0x77870dc3 )

ROM( 0, 0x000000, 0x80000, 0x55170c4c )
ROM( 0, 0x080000, 0x80000, 0xe7883768 )

END

ect ect.

All this credit goes to odino

NovaKane
August 17th, 2006, 21:39
- Are you guys playing w/o sound or did you just delete the music?

- Are the Vs. games almost lag free now?

- Is it really worth taking the sound out? If so, I might try it.

Thanks.

QueadlunnRau
August 17th, 2006, 22:12
- Are you guys playing w/o sound or did you just delete the music?

- Are the Vs. games almost lag free now?

- Is it really worth taking the sound out? If so, I might try it.

Thanks.

It does not take the sound out, just makes it sound like crap and hurts my ears. I use this in conjuntion with turning the sound option off.

The Vs. games are not lag free, but almost, they run a lot better then with those values in.

Is it really worth taking out. YES ... for me at least, most times I play my PSP is when I am hiding in my cubicle at work so I cannot have the sound on anyway, nor can I have head phones because I need to hear people coming, so sound is not really that big of a deal to me. Others might argue that sound is one of the most important features of any game, all depends where you opionions lie.

JeremyJay
August 17th, 2006, 22:20
does anybody think NJ will ever make cps2 for 2.0 or higher?

oblivioner
August 17th, 2006, 23:02
Odino, I hate you, I can't stop playing MvsC, it's so much better now :D

With this I declare CPS2 Test version 5 best emulator ever for PSP (yes I like mvsc that much) :)

-Ace-
August 17th, 2006, 23:03
Anyone running into a "romcnv.exe" carsh error upon using the cache converter program in the this latest release (5)? I can't even cache any files. Every release before this one worked flawlessly. I have tried it on 3 different computers with the same results, so I don't get it. Any ideas?

isamu
August 18th, 2006, 02:39
Hello guys. I would like to know how well the following games run:

1)Super Puzzle Fighter II
2)D&D SOM
3)Alien vs Predator
4)Final Fight
5)The Vampire Savior games
6)The Punisher

...do these games run at full speed with no lag?

delt31
August 18th, 2006, 02:51
does this take the sound effects out also or just music?

repuken2
August 18th, 2006, 03:08
Sweet gool ol times...

Does anybody remember this ?http://ar.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vladisblood/detail?.dir=526cre2&.dnm=17bcre2.jpg&.src=ph
http://ar.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vladisblood/detail?.dir=526cre2&.dnm=d32dre2.jpg&.src=ph
http://ar.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vladisblood/detail?.dir=526cre2&.dnm=21bdre2.jpg&.src=ph
http://ar.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vladisblood/detail?.dir=526cre2&.dnm=d61dre2.jpg&.src=ph

NovaKane
August 18th, 2006, 06:29
does anybody think NJ will ever make cps2 for 2.0 or higher?
Do you mean firmware 2.0? Actually this emu works up to fw 2.60. I have 2.60 but use the 1.50 folder everytime w/o a problem.

Anyone running into a "romcnv.exe" carsh error upon using the cache converter program in the this latest release (5)? I can't even cache any files. Every release before this one worked flawlessly. I have tried it on 3 different computers with the same results, so I don't get it. Any ideas?
Check a few pages back for some solutions on getting the converter to work. It's very useful info.

2)D&D SOM
3)Alien vs Predator
4)Final Fight
6)The Punisher

1) no lag/full speed
2) no lag/full speed
3) no lag/full speed
4) no lag/full speed (CPS1)
5) the 1st game in the series runs with no lag, the 2nd has slight lag and the last three have more lag
6) no lag/full speed (CPS1)

ACID
August 18th, 2006, 06:43

2)D&D SOM
3)Alien vs Predator
4)Final Fight
6)The Punisher

All but Vampire Savior

aleborri
August 18th, 2006, 06:50
Ace try moving the roms to the converter folder and removing any caps from the names of the roms.

fenian
August 18th, 2006, 11:33
so glad to hear that...use it at soon..the cps2 is very beautiful

Unlimitedv2
August 18th, 2006, 17:03
NJ = Best Coder. He must be a super Asian.

bloodyarts
August 18th, 2006, 17:52
NJ = Best Coder. He must be a super Asian.

I know you probably don't mean it, but somehow that comes off as slightly offensive.

I'll just say he must be a super CODER!

Many thanks, NJ!

jurkevicz
August 18th, 2006, 22:42
Anybody would translate?

Pumped'Up
August 18th, 2006, 23:06
Like I said before....

NJ IS KING!!!!

:D

Unlimitedv2
August 18th, 2006, 23:41
I know you probably don't mean it, but somehow that comes off as slightly offensive.

I'll just say he must be a super CODER!

Many thanks, NJ!

What's wrong with Asians?

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:40
i have 15 posts but i cant make a new thread

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:40
does any one know how many i have to have

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:41
pleaz help

isamu
August 19th, 2006, 02:02
AWESOME! Thanks for the response guys I can't WAIT to get my pre-modded psp in the mail now!!!

Arcade Final Fight, D&D: SoM, AVP and Punisher on the go....HELL YES!!!! :cool:

b8a
August 19th, 2006, 07:47
NJ's updated his page (no new release yet though):

Reported Bugs
-The victory mark in Street Fighter ZERO 2 alpha's score rankings is funny.
-A portion of the priority in Vampire Saviour's opening demo is funny.(Fixed)
Thanks for the reports. I'll check them out and fix them.

(Planned) Changes for 1.0 (the final release)
-Set an optimal value for the texture size for each game. (I'm currently checking each and every game and it's killing me)
-Delete unnecessary sprites (marks for blank spaces, etc...). (This is also going to be painful)
-Finish the stalled optimization of the C68K.
-Since it's been requested, I'll make it so that, just like with NGEPSP, it won't read the PCM data when the sound is turned off.

I'm thinking that it might be quite a bit down the line before this is released.

Just to make sure this is said and put out there, but the lag in fighting games won't be solved in the final release. Since the total size of used graphic data in one stage is greater than the securable memory, it will always end up reading from the memory stick.
If you think about it as a easier to understand example, what would happen if you tried to run one of these games on a 333 MHz level PC with only 20MB of available memory... Even if you could theoretically launch them, there would always be swapping going on and they wouldn't run that great. In short, it's that sort of situation.Also, he's made this request concerning the bug report link that I posted in the first post:

To those overseas: this link is for reporting bugs. Please do not make posts about requested features.
I don't know if anybody from this site has been abusing this feature or harassing NJ, but please people, remember that Japanese society is MUCH more formal than the societies that (most of us) come from. Please do not harass NJ. Remember that, even in English, many of the posts that are made concerning this emulator are very blunt and casual. If you attempt to communicate with him, please show some respect and take the time to think through what you are saying first.

And remember: the bug report link is for reporting bugs ONLY!!!!! (!_!)

ACID
August 19th, 2006, 08:45
i have 15 posts but i cant make a new thread
you need to post in the homebrew section. And dude use the edit button dont post 4 times in a roll

rommy667
August 20th, 2006, 13:52
this emu rocks thanks a lot nj :)

uudem
August 20th, 2006, 23:39
have a small question hope anyone is goin to reply
is there any risk if I disable the framskip
cuz it s really making most games more enjoyable for me
and I wondered why would u enable framskip
thx in advance

QueadlunnRau
August 21st, 2006, 15:36
have a small question hope anyone is goin to reply
is there any risk if I disable the framskip
cuz it s really making most games more enjoyable for me
and I wondered why would u enable framskip
thx in advance

yeah I have set all my CPS2 games Frameskip to 0. Some people do use frameskip to speed up any slower running games. Seems setting frameskip 0 on this emu makes games run smoother, but in most other emulators setting frameskip to 1-3 will allow the game to run full speed if you have any slowdown.

uudem
August 21st, 2006, 20:12
:) tyvm
this is the best emu
I love all the cps2 games :D

wiedel
August 21st, 2006, 21:32
Can i do it whit fw 2,01 :O

b8a
August 22nd, 2006, 10:48
NJ has once again updated his page. The SFZ2 ranking mark display bug is now listed as fixed. The rest of the changes are as follows:

Below are parts that caught my eye that I've fixed.
-The above and below scores in the ranking display in Mighty Pang weren't being masked. (Fixed)
-Fixed an issue with Puzz Loop 2 where a portion of the sprites wasn't being properly converted.

-A list of games that I have confirmed have no draw problems
Since I have finished checking all of these (including their clone sets), there is no need to report on them.
(Confirmed with Raster Effects On, excluding palette randomness (currently being adjusted))
armwar
avsp
batcir
cybots
ddtod
dimahoo
dstlk
ecofghtr - Since the speed doesn't drop, Raster Effects On is recommended
gigawing
megaman2
mmatrix
mpangj - Since the speed doesn't drop, Raster Effects On is recommended (confirmed bug, has been fixed)
msh
mshvsf
mvsc
nwarr
progear
ringdest
sfa
sfa2 (confirmed bug, has been fixed)
sfa3
sgemf
ssf2
ssf2t
vhunt2
vsav
vsav2
xmcota
xmvsf

To those who posted 3 bugs.zip
From simply looking at the picture, this is not a bug. Please try it with Raster Effects turned on.
When it is off, there are other games with similar screen tears and breaks, but this is the implementation.
(The reason that the initial value is Off is written in readme_cps2.txt)
I'm making sure to write this here because it'll become a hassle if I keep getting similar reports.

emuking
August 25th, 2006, 09:25
NJ Rocks! I don't think hes reading these threads though.... :(

lol first post in a long time and i have a stupid question, where is nj from? :D

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 09:31
Im preti sure its JAPAN

yourboy65
August 27th, 2006, 19:40
can someone tell me what a bio is and how i can make my rom work?

b8a
September 2nd, 2006, 11:39
Hey, hey! Some good(-ish) news!

Even with the C68K optimized, it's sped up so little that you might as well say it hasn't sped up at all.
Rather, maybe it's due to the lowered CPU cache hit rate thanks to the bloated code, but it's done just about the opposite and slowed down.
Everything would work out if it had about the same cache as a PC CPU, but 16KB is just too little.
At this rate it's looking like there's no end in sight, so, even though it wasn't what I had planned, I'm going to release a beta version around sometime tomorrow and then proceed to make the CPS1 fixes first.

(Planned) Changes for the beta version
-Finished-
-Set an optimal value for the texture size for each game. (Done)
However, it was originally allocated to a value that didn't cause any problems, so the speed hasn't changed much.
-Made it so that it won't load PCM data when the sound is turned off.
-Implemented paddle input for Puzz Loop 2. (The same methoud as CPS1PSP's forgottn)
-Fixed drawing issues with the games below.
The victory mark in Street Fighter ZERO 2 alpha's score rankings is funny. (Fixed)
A portion of the priority in Vampire Saviour's opening demo is funny.(Fixed)
The above and below scores in the ranking display in Mighty Pang weren't being masked. (Fixed)
The demo just prior to the battle with Ezza Hoden in D&D S.O.M. doesn't display correctly. (Fixed)
A portion of the sprites in Puzz Loop 2 aren't being displayed. (This was a bug with the ROM converter. Fixed)
-Changed the palette calculation methoud. I think fade out, etc... has slightly improved.
-Fixed the below C68K OP codes' clock count cost. (There were too many mistakes)
movep 16/32 All
movem 16/32 All
suba 16 register, other than direct, all
suba 32 register, direct as well as immidiate
adda 16 register, other than direct, all
adda 32 register, direct as well as immidiate
asr 32, lsr 32, ror 32, roxr 32, All
asl 32, lsl 32, rol 32, roxl 32, All
-Changed the clock count cost of MULU/MULS/DIVU/DIVS in C68K to be calculated as requested.
-It's not a bug but, eliminated a portion of the misalignment in the BG of fighting games when Raster Effects is set to Off. However, since the amount of drawing is increased, the speed drops slightly (about 1 to 2 fps on average).
Also, it has no effect in cases such as E Honda's stage in ssf2 where line scroll is being performed at the top and bottom of the screen.
-Many other small changes
Looks like NJ's still going strong and we can expect a new version in the next 24 hours!

Baboon
September 2nd, 2006, 11:44
Hey, hey! Some good(-ish) news!
Looks like NJ's still going strong and we can expect a new version in the next 24 hours!

Now this is what I've been waiting for, another update from NJ! :D

Thanks for the info, i'll be checking these boards regularly for any updates! :)

razorak
September 2nd, 2006, 11:45
oooo.....can't wait =)

jurkevicz
September 2nd, 2006, 21:49
Great news!

b8a
September 3rd, 2006, 10:31
Uggh. There's been another change of plans:

Due to circumstances, I don't have the time for this right now, so I'm putting this off.

Baboon
September 3rd, 2006, 15:54
Uggh. There's been another change of plans:

Doh!

jurkevicz
September 4th, 2006, 21:51
I wonder what happened?

MARIO RODRIGUEZ
September 6th, 2006, 17:27
good job , but the fighting games are slowwwwww

jurkevicz
September 6th, 2006, 22:19
There's an update on NJ's site.

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html

aries2k4
September 6th, 2006, 22:40
um, Ive forgotten the link to NJ´s site.
anybody got it handy?

edit

Um, but there´s nothing new there?

Baboon
September 7th, 2006, 11:10
I hope we get some updates from NJ soon, cause he's gone all quite. :(

Its just not right, things have changed. ...He used to spoil us by having an update from one of his projects every other day! lol

razorak
September 7th, 2006, 11:34
in my opinion, spoiling us with WIP updates isn't right either...lol

Baboon
September 7th, 2006, 11:42
Most of his projects to me are like the finished product anyway... but to NJ there all WIP! lol

You’ve got to love a perfectionist! :)

razorak
September 7th, 2006, 12:36
ya...his stuff seems to be perfect but yet he finds fault with them...lol. Without him the HB scene would be very different i believe :D

Baboon
September 7th, 2006, 12:39
ya...his stuff seems to be perfect but yet he finds fault with them...lol. Without him the HB scene would be very different i believe :D

Agreed! :D

This guy sets the benchmark for other coders to follow

b8a
September 7th, 2006, 14:08
Yep, he's updated his page. He now says that he's aiming to have the release sometime around this weekend. Additional news:

I performed an operation check with eLoader 0.98.
I used a firmware 2.6/TA-082 PSP with the CPS2PSP that I'm building.
Hmmm, it doesn't run. I think maybe the TA-082 is what's wrong.
It displays the menu, and goes all the way to where you select the game, but freezes when trying to load the cache file. It looks like, memory that should have been allocated has not, in actuality, been allocated.
Of the 19MB that I was able to allocate, there was no problem up till around 11MB, so I think that applications that are smaller than that should have no problems.
Everything I've made has gone bad (laugh)

On the other hand, the GTA Loader version works properly. It seems as though the allocatable memory has increased by about 1MB. Hmm, I wonder if something can't be done about this.

I made some attempts to get it to work.
Please add the below text to ms0:/PSP/eloader/loader098.cfg
It's only for smaller games (as a rule of thumb, those with a zip file size under about 10MB), but I think they should run. It looks like the allocatable memory is exceedingly small.
You should also make the same change to NGEPSP and CPS1PSP as well.
Well, for the time being it looks like the applications I've built run better with the GTA loader, and not the TIFF loader. But, even better still is to downdate to FW1.5.

An example of how to modify loader098.cfg
[CPS2PSP_3ccd12a6]
#************************************************* ************************#
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP test 5 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP test 5
limitedMemoryManager=Y

Baboon
September 7th, 2006, 14:39
Yipeee! That gives me something to look forward to this whis weekend then! :)

Once NJ has finished tinkering with CPS1&2 and his Neo Geo emus I wonder what he will work on next?

razorak
September 7th, 2006, 15:31
I made some attempts to get it to work.
Please add the below text to ms0:/PSP/eloader/loader098.cfg
It's only for smaller games (as a rule of thumb, those with a zip file size under about 10MB), but I think they should run. It looks like the allocatable memory is exceedingly small.
You should also make the same change to NGEPSP and CPS1PSP as well.
Well, for the time being it looks like the applications I've built run better with the GTA loader, and not the TIFF loader. But, even better still is to downdate to FW1.5.

An example of how to modify loader098.cfg
[CPS2PSP_3ccd12a6]
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP test 5 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP test 5
limitedMemoryManager=Y

dear me i dun think i know how to do that...lol
edit:hmmm...then again it dioesn't seem that hard...trying to do it now :D

samthegreat68
September 8th, 2006, 03:59
GRRRRR!! This is makin me mad! every rom that i dl says its US but when i try to use it i find out its EURO!! anybody else have this problem??? :(

Sturaiku
September 9th, 2006, 02:22
I just downloaded it, converted my Marvel vs Street Fighter on it, and put my MVSF ROM in it, it loads up all the way until it says "loading sprite cache..." then it freezes, is there any solution to this?

PSP 2.0, using eloader .96